Getting PVP gear in this game UNFAIR and Stupid

AdamChattaway

Let me just say, iv eplayed nearly every mmo out there and the gear system in this game is just stupid and insane, i mean the guy who designed this system needs fireing. Ive opened 5 champion bags and got no gear, my guild mate has opened over 30 YES 30!!! and got none so he quit the game, he has every right to quit th egame, why should people grind the fu out of a game pvping all day for NOTHING and someone opens 1 bag and gets an epic. this system is stupid, flawed and a giant fail, shame on you bioware, shame on you mythic and shame on you EA, you failed hard this time. i see why many people went back to wow. honor grinding may have taken time but you fu got a guarenteed SET PIECE FFS.

Let me just say, iv eplayed nearly every mmo out there and the gear system in this game is just stupid and insane, i mean the guy who designed this system needs fireing. Ive opened 5 champion bags and got no gear, my guild mate has opened over 30 YES 30!!! and got none so he quit the game, he has every right to quit th egame, why should people grind the fu out of a game pvping all day for NOTHING and someone opens 1 bag and gets an epic. this system is stupid, flawed and a giant fail, shame on you bioware, shame on you mythic and shame on you EA, you failed hard this time. i see why many people went back to wow. honor grinding may have taken time but you fu got a guarenteed SET PIECE FFS.

If you are grinding just to have a piece of gear then you are playing the game wrong, well in fact you are not playing, you are working.

Gear should be like icing on the cake. If you feel that you are grinding at any point, especially for a sustained period just to see some gear, then you are playing the wrong game. Your friend was right to quite, because he was not having fun.

If you are grinding just to have a piece of gear then you are playing the game wrong, well in fact you are not playing, you are working.

Gear should be like icing on the cake. If you feel that you are grinding at any point, especially for a sustained period just to see some gear, then you are playing the wrong game. Your friend was right to quite, because he was not having fun.

Oh yea do you play imperial ? because the game favours and is so imbalanced towards the republic its a fail system, most imperials exploited ilum and now are all running around with fu purple sabers and full battlemaster gear, while the ganked, outnumbered 4 to 1, broken skills and higher mirrored cooldowns run around fighting their hardest for a few kills to get a fu daily done, it should be a game NOT A JOB but bioware is making it a job when the rpeublic have to play like a JOB just to fu keep up with their little princess favorites the Empire, even the animations on republic are broken, the empire have less cd and less animation for faster and msoother attacks.

Edited by AdamChattaway

Oh yea do you play imperial ? because the game favours and is so imbalanced towards the republic its a fail system, most imperials exploited ilum and now are all running around with fu purple sabers and full battlemaster gear, while the ganked, outnumbered 4 to 1, broken skills and higher mirrored cooldowns run around fighting their hardest for a few kills to get a fu daily done, it should be a game NOT A JOB but bioware is making it a job when the rpeublic have to play like a JOB just to fu keep up with their little princess favorites the Empire, even the animations on republic are broken, the empire have less cd and less animation for faster and msoother attacks.

Oh i agree that things need to be changed, i am just adamantly against people playing solely for gear. Even if gear dropped at a faster rate it would still feel like a grind to him, because it seems as though the act of playing was a grind to him.

But yeah i am all in favor of more gear.

Oh and i play republic. Vanguard.

You dont get nothing, you get Centurion commendations, which is all you deserve until you earn Rank 60. The champion drops are just a bonus, you dont earn a guaranteed Champion piece until you are Rank 60 and start getting Battlemaster bags.

Centurion gear is competitive enough, youll have 8% expertise, compared to 11% for champion and 12.5% for battlemaster.

How is this so hard to understand?

I would however prefer that they re-instate the level 50 blue PvP gear, so the new 50s can get a quick set with expertise to start with.

Edited by Daeth

You dont get nothing, you get Centurion commendations, which is all you deserve until you earn Rank 60. The champion drops are just a bonus, you dont earn a guaranteed Champion piece until you are Rank 60 and start getting Battlemaster bags.

Centurion gear is competitive enough, youll have 8% expertise, compared to 11% for champion and 12.5% for battlemaster.

I would however prefer that they re-instate the level 50 blue PvP gear, so the new 50s can get a quick set with expertise to start with.

I meant centurion, and still someone opening 10 bags and getting 10 epics and someone opening 100 and getting none, you dont think this is a fail system ? really ? really rewally super duper really this aint the worst fu gear grind you have ever seen ?

Most people think they once they have gotten a bag that they deserve to get a champion piece.

Its only meant to give you cent tokens, the armor is a bonus.

Listen to this guy hes knows what hes talking about.

Most people think they once they have gotten a bag that they deserve to get a champion piece.

But it still not not take the unfairness away from it.. I have seen people with very low valor ranks walking around in full champion gear. Hell even a friend of mine got every single champion piece in one and a half week.

While people who have been putting alot more pvp in are stuck with not a single champion piece. Now i know people tend to say yeah but you get cent tokens... This is true however but cent piece's require quite alot of commendations. Infact for every piece you will need well over 200 tokes....... Yeah right by the time you have your entire cent gear you either have gone insane or reached battlemaster in which case you can finally start saving champion commendation of which you need even more.

Does noone think the pvp gear should be atleast linked to your valor rank. Then simply have a cent bag, champ bag, and battlemaster bag that always give commendations but it can vary from 1 to 3 commendations and adjust the gear prices where needed. Would that not make alot more sense.

This.

Be glad it is this away.

If they change it will become an eternal grind for 1 piece , so months to get a set, nice.

People seem to forget the game is not even a month old and they actually already got many pieces of max pvp gear , even if not the whole set lol.

Ok so 1 but of gear needs hmm what 60+ tokens correct ? you get 3 in 1 bag, thats 20 bags for 1 bit of gear, thats grinding 800 pvp tokens in pvp around 12-16 games, thats a days work for a lot of people so thats 20 days to save for 1 bit of gear with tokens ? where the fu is your logic ...... remove this roll for crap and give everyone a fair chance for gear even if its honor grind like wow, ALL should have FAIR AND EQUAL chance of getting gear.

Ok so 1 but of gear needs hmm what 60+ tokens correct ? you get 3 in 1 bag, thats 20 bags for 1 bit of gear, thats grinding 800 pvp tokens in pvp around 12-16 games, thats a days work for a lot of people so thats 20 days to save for 1 bit of gear with tokens ? where the fu is your logic ...... remove this roll for crap and give everyone a fair chance for gear even if its honor grind like wow, ALL should have FAIR AND EQUAL chance of getting gear.

like other poster said is a bonus use the cent token get cent gear while you work toward battlemaster.

think of lottery, some people buy lottery ticket through their entire life and never wins. and there are first timer who hit the jackpot. is that fair? life sucks is the trueth, suck it up and deal with it is a game.

pve works the same way why can't pvp?

like other poster said is a bonus use the cent token get cent gear while you work toward battlemaster.

think of lottery, some people buy lottery ticket through their entire life and never wins. and there are first timer who hit the jackpot. is that fair? life sucks is the trueth, suck it up and deal with it is a game.

pve works the same way why can't pvp?

say that after a week of pvp grinding and no loot, if your happy grinding 3 tokens out of 60+ then good for you, you have gold farmer blood in your veins.

Edited by AdamChattaway

I meant centurion, and still someone opening 10 bags and getting 10 epics and someone opening 100 and getting none, you dont think this is a fail system ? really ? really rewally super duper really this aint the worst fu gear grind you have ever seen ?

If you open 100 bags then you should be fully geared in Centurion aside from a weapon probably, and probably the most unlucky person in the universe. But this is a MMO, you dont get guaranteed drops in PvE either, they give you tokens for effort so you can get a base set, same as in PvP, but youll still be relying on RNG for the best drops.

By doing the bare minimum PvP each week for dailys / weeklys - and this is assuming you win every single one, you will get 23 bags. 20 from the quests, and about 3 from commendations. Thats 69 tokens assuming you havent won anything, which gets you about 2 pieces of centurion gear.

You have 14 slots, thats 7 weeks, assuming you dont win a single item, which is highly unlikely. Once again, we are talking bare minimum effort here. That isnt very long in the lifespan of a MMO.

You can get another bag every 8 wins (or 20 losses). If anything, gearing up in this game for PvP felt faster than WoW / Rift / EQ2. The game is barely a month old and people are complaining that they arent wearing the best gear available. Its rediculous.

I will concede that re-instating the blue level 50 set would provide a nice bridge for fresh 50s. I mean, that gear was terrible anyway aside from the expertise rating, I dont see the harm of putting it back in.