POLL RESULTS: What SWTOR needs RIGHT NOW

GalacticKegger

An extensive web poll recently concluded which asked the community to grade how important specific bug fixes and feature additions were to them. Each item was rated from 1 to 5: a score of 5 represents an absolute need, while a score of 1 represents non importance. Here are the results from the more than 1,100 responses, ranked top to bottom from highest priority to lowest prority.

TOP 10

1) 4.34 / 4.59 : Fix ability delay / abilities not firing off when pressed

2) 4.20 : On PvP servers, PvP bugs (que crashing you to char select, won matches not counting towards daily quests etc)

3) 4.16 : More rewarding endgame crafting

4) 4.11 / 4.14 : Flashpoint / Raid bugs (loot bugs, boss bugs etc)

5) 4.02 : Overall PvP bugs (que crashing you to char select, won matches not counting towards daily quests etc)

6) 4.00 : Customizable UI

7) 3.93 : Fix quest bugs (quests not updating etc)

8) 3.75 : More customization of armor/weapon graphics in game

9) 3.63 : More Warzones

10t) 3.53 : Adding a "two target system" (can heal a target and attack that targets target if using an offensive ability)

10t) 3.53 : Fix Lag & FPS

10t) 3.53 : More (rewarding and amount of) world PvP

THE REST

3.48 : More Raid content

3.45 : High resolution textures

3.41 : Less sharded/themepark feel in the game

3.32 : More Flashpoint content

3.30 : PvP class balance

3.20 : Combat log

3.16 : Mouseover healing

3.07 : Rated Warzones

3.03 : Biochem reusables/trinkets balance

2.92 : Dual speccing

2.83 : Macro use

2.79 : Fix faction inbalance

2.73 : More leveling content

2.63 : Addon use

2.49 : Server transfer

2.35 : Arena type of PvP

1.97 : Fix server queue times

1.64 : Switch faction

Huge thank you to Sorrowsongg for taking the initiative on this. Here is her original thread with all the raw results if interested: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=172162&page=21

Edited by GalacticKegger

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's funny is the community's voice playing second fiddle to the rash of heated debates over whose individual needs are more important. Guess winning an argument trumps hearing the truth. Wish more would comment. ;)

I've rather thought the 'heated debate' was along the lines of denialists who pretend this is THE BEST GAME EVER and any flaws are a product of you needing to L2P or having a crap computer and those who are totally fracking pissed-off for being sold a glorified Beta-Level product.

There are, of course, the apathetic middle and gradations along the spectrum...

But I didn't think it was about 'which feature should be implimented first.'

TOP 10

1) 4.34 / 4.59 : Fix ability delay / abilities not firing off when pressed

Waiting for fanboys to run in here claiming, "what ability lag! I'm totally fine and so are my 1000's of friends online that think i'm cool."

Waiting...

I'm surprised "more raid content" is higher than that.

Raiding which takes up a great deal of developers time has always been enjoyed by the few when compared to the entire player population. Many of us have been aware of this for quite some time, player participation in raids has been waning for the last 12 months. Blizzard has shown this to be true with the introduction of LFR with watered down raid content to try and encourage player participation.

I agree with the top 10

Edited by NoxiousAlby

Kind of a small sample, don't you think?

1000 people polled is actually a very large sample size.

The list is also very good! I'm personally on the bandwagon of "I enjoy the game for what it currently is and intend to keep playing", but I would LOVE to see the issues on the top 10 addressed in the very near future.

I almost wish we could do this sort of thing in-game. I suspect the results would be very different (not that I'm knocking the results, just that anything centered here on the forums is going to have a certain skew to it).

Good work!

Not sure what percentage of players hang out in the forums (small I'm guessing) so there will be some degree of skew since a forum thread was the poll's gateway. Regardless, a sample size of over 1,000 was great work by Sorrowsongg.

What SWTOR needs right now is BW apologize for releasing such disaster unfinished

project, shut down the servers for 1-2 weeks try to polish the game fix bugs, shut down open world pvp the thing they called illum till it completely fixed and ready.

I'm a big fan of star wars but it really hurts when you see someone insulting star wars by abusing the title with this low quality disaster unfinished MMO.