Buy Credits with Cartel Coins

First, let me say that I have four level 50s, two on each side. I'm tired of grinding dailies and buying countless packs just to get nothing of value! (which is another story.) Basically, I think dailies take too long, and would love to buy credits with coins, similar to GW2 gold for Gems.

You can already do this. Pick an item on the Cartel Market, buy it, then sell it on the GTN.

Packs are about 300,000 credits or more per pack.

That's nice. Then there should be no Problem having Credits.

This is just a horrible idea.

Reason -> The game as it is needs credit sinks to destroy existing currency to control inflation as currency is created in the system. Just having a "add currency to the economy" button is one of the worst ideas I've heard here in a long time. It's entirely generated currency, it doesn't come from anywhere. --> Massive Runaway Inflation

Just buy something from the market and sell it on the GTN, it's not that hard.

Edited by Jagrevi

This is just a horrible idea.

Reason -> The game as it is needs credit sinks to destroy existing currency to control inflation as currency is created in the system. Just having a "add currency to the economy" button is one of the worst ideas I've heard here in a long time. It's entirely generated currency, it doesn't come from anywhere. --> Massive Runaway Inflation

Just buy something from the market and sell it on the GTN, it's not that hard.

Pretty much this.

The reason GW2 is able to do it is because the in game currency value of gems fluctuates based on amount of gems in the system. Which basically means the more gems there are in the system less in game currency you get in trade. And it's a HORRIBLE return. It would be like... You shelling out $20 for 500k SWTOR credits in comparison.

Stick to flipping via selling the Cartel items available.

Bad idea. Right now, Cartel Market is a cash cow for novelty gifts and stuff that can help you level faster, but not really make you better than anyone.

You do a direct cartel coin to credit exchange and that IS pay-2-win, which despite what people say, really hasn't happened yet.

So no, don't want it - and trust me, I understand its convenience. But just because something is convenient doesn't mean its what's healthiest for the game.

First, let me say that I have four level 50s, two on each side. I'm tired of grinding dailies and buying countless packs just to get nothing of value! (which is another story.) Basically, I think dailies take too long, and would love to buy credits with coins, similar to GW2 gold for Gems.

1. Subjective opinion: What you suggest is pay-to-win. It rewards the person with the most money instead of the person who invested the most time and effort. If you have so much money that you would spend it to buy in game currency from a greedy corporation.....donate to charity instead.

2. Objective opinion: Unlimited currency generation leads to hyperinflation. We tried that in real life. Trust me, it didn't work out very well.

3. Like others have suggested before me, you can already sell Cartel Packs on the GTN. You can get a good price between 200-500k on most servers per pack.

• 4 years later...