Server Lag Worse After Server Issues?

Ylliarus

Ever since the Darth Malgus server had fallen out a few times, not too long ago, I had noticed that the server lag (the ms count) had gotten slightly worse for me than it used to be. Prior to the server crashes, my server lag was around 33 ms, jumping sometimes to 28 ms or 36/38 ms. However, now the server lag sits around 42 ms, jumping around a lot more (but never lower than 38 ms) than it used to and also making more drastic jumps (such as to 312 ms). It almost appears as if the server stability has taken a hit since the server crashes from a week or so ago.

And before anyone says it, no, it's not my internet connection. I have run several internet speed tests and all give me consistent results, with the speeds being the same as they had always been prior to the Darth Malgus server crashes. So it's very unlikely the increase in server lag is an issue on my end, I think.

Do others notice the same? That their ms count/server lag is worse after the Darth Malgus fall outs from last couple of weeks?

Edited by Ylliarus

Small update since the OP: the average server lag on the Darth Malgus server went from 43 MS to 50/53 MS now. And I keep seeing jumps to 312ish MS more frequently now as if the server is losing stability over time. Anyone else noticed this as well?

Lucky, I saw lag spikes of upwards of 100k ms despite my internet being fine :p

Those I have had at random points as well, but in general the server lag is still worse than it used to be. Whatever happened to the server a few weeks ago with the outages has affected the stability of it. The lag spikes continue to persist and the ms values are not what I used to have before the server outage of not too long ago.

Edited by Ylliarus

• 2 weeks later...
Yup, before the issues with server I only had two cases when connection went to bucket. And that's it. Now though, there were several disconnects, frozen cutscenes, lags around 60k ms, with highest that I remember being around 900k ms. So yeah, definitely much, much worse. * hashtag * prettygoodjobsofar