Glowsticks and all things force-y.

troozjedi

I don't quite know where to post this, so I'll do so here.

So... I'm a fan of glowsticks and all things forcey. I also rather like this whole Legacy System, and have made an 8-character family tree for my alts. Then I noticed, I have no non-force alts. I've heard how good they are, but I'm rather fond of the RP storyline fitted in with my Legacy Tree. I have no problem with alts, I've got 8 that are doing decently well, but I think going over is a tad overkill... Perhaps I should make one or two non-force characters, no? What would you suggest?

I've done a trooper and a smuggler. Guns get boring pretty early on, I left the smuggler on Hoth two months ago and never finished her. Trooper is a little better if you're a commando and get an assault cannon. :rolleyes: but I only leveled her up to do healing for my guild.

The lightsaber animations are so much cooler. :) And you get to do mind tricks!

I don't quite know where to post this, so I'll do so here.

So... I'm a fan of glowsticks and all things forcey. I also rather like this whole Legacy System, and have made an 8-character family tree for my alts. Then I noticed, I have no non-force alts. I've heard how good they are, but I'm rather fond of the RP storyline fitted in with my Legacy Tree. I have no problem with alts, I've got 8 that are doing decently well, but I think going over is a tad overkill... Perhaps I should make one or two non-force characters, no? What would you suggest?

I wouldn't do it if you don't want to. dropping OOC for a moment, there's no mechanic that's forcing you to have non force users. back in character, why would a force user specifically have non force using descendants? It's possible, but at this stage in the timeline, force users are pretty widespread, and having a jedi or two as a parent would probably give you an automatic "try-out" for the order as it is....not to mention the sheer amount of support and training you'd get from just watching your parents do their force stuff.

Now...if you were trying to have a more varied and "interesting" family history, it could be fun to have a non force user for plot development. It would really add character to the storyline, how one of your family got lost in some sector of the universe, and was saved by an eccentric bounty hunter and they fell in love, got the game on, and bam! kids with lightsabers and flame throwers.

from a game perspective, it also falls down to....can I stand playing the class? if nto, you may have a permanent slot taken by a character that never gets past 2 or 3 ( I usually like to at least get them to the fleet so they can craft or run missions in the background). Personally, I think they're all worth trying, even if they level slow.