Cartel Coins Allotment for Subscribers

donutpharmd

The allotment of Cartel Coins given to subscribers needs to be adjusted. Bioware/EA has decided that people paying for a monthly subscription will be given a certain amount of cartel coins based upon your subscription package. The packages are as follows: 30 days gets 500 Cartel Coins, 60 days gets 525 Cartel Coins, 90 days gets 550 Cartel Coins, and 180 days gets 600 Cartel Coins. You are also available to get more Cartel Coins per month based upon other circumstances, i.e. security key and referring a friend, these add 100 Cartel Coins per month. After the release of the Cartel Market we see how much certain items actually cost with the item most solely sought after being the packs. The two packs offer different items and hence have different prices. The most expensive pack being 360 CC and the lower being 180 CC. The price of Section X is 600 CC, subscribers get this free of course, but using that as the standard amount (relative) for new content, I would like subscribers to get more CC per month. I believe the amount given to subscribers should be adjusted based upon sub package. Would does the community think?

Honestly i dont think subs should get any coins. I have 1850cc (i think) but i just dont use the shop. I like my mmo´s shopfree. Not like the shopitems are that cool anyways. The shop should mainly be for f2p to get more of the game. The more coin you give subs the more they wonder about going f2p and buying upgrades in the shop.

I know there´s talk about expansionpacks in the shop. Like the section X. Subs get to use their free coin on the expansion so in theory the expansion would stll be free. I´m just not a fan of that idea. Any person that subscribes should get all content for free. A few fluffitems and black market box items i can live with. But i seriously think the shop should be for f2p mainly and we as sub shouldn´t get any coin.

Honestly i dont think subs should get any coins. I have 1850cc (i think) but i just dont use the shop. I like my mmo´s shopfree. Not like the shopitems are that cool anyways. The shop should mainly be for f2p to get more of the game. The more coin you give subs the more they wonder about going f2p and buying upgrades in the shop.

I know there´s talk about expansionpacks in the shop. Like the section X. Subs get to use their free coin on the expansion so in theory the expansion would stll be free. I´m just not a fan of that idea. Any person that subscribes should get all content for free. A few fluffitems and black market box items i can live with. But i seriously think the shop should be for f2p mainly and we as sub shouldn´t get any coin.

Section X is free for subs I believe

The monthly allotment does make me worry a little. The longer I sub, the more benefits I can buy so that I get closer to being able to buy everything if I stop subbing. A six month sub gets 3000+ cartel coins, that's enough to buy the inventory slots, quick bars and so on, and suddenly you can drop the Premium and keep playing just the same.

But we'll see how it goes. Maybe they'll find the DDO route and actually put story packs in the shop, something interesting to always keep Premiums buying for more content, instead of worthless cosmetics.

As a subscriber who earns 700cc per month, it will take MANY months to do what I want in the shop at the present stipend rate. Especially with more than 10 toons. In fact, I think the game needs a way for Cartel Coins to be earned in-game, say: a 1cc minor planet quest chain completion reward, a 1cc reward for each daily planet heroic completed, a 3cc reward for each lvl 50 heroic completed, a 5cc reward per planet for class quest chain completion, a 5cc reward for each flashpoint (normal and hard mode) completed, a 10cc reward for each planet storyline completed, a 15cc reward for each weekly completed, and a 20 cc reward for each Operation completed.

Numbers are probably off, but it would add up. Just a thought...

Edited by GalacticKegger

As a subscriber who earns 700cc per month, it will take MANY months to do what I want in the shop at the present stipend rate. Especially with more than 10 toons.
10 toons or 100, doesn't matter. Account wide unlocks are usually the price of the unlock for 2-3 characters. So you don't need to be buying inventory slots separately for all 10+ characters, just get them once as account unlocks.

If you earn 700cc per month and sub for, say, a year, that's 8400cc right there. That's around the same ballpark as Darthhater calculated to unlock *everything* that subscribers get.

http://www.darthhater.com/articles/feature/22357-the-real-cost-of-cartel-market-items

And most people don't make use of *everything*, so they won't need to unlock more than a subset, so they'd have enough cc to drop to premium for good after less than a year of subbing.

You can also use the cartel coins to unlock legacy perks, not just purchase things from the shop. I've been using mine to unlock HK-51 for my alts, put a repair droid on all my ships and unlock experience & companion affection boosts.

But I had 2,950 coins when 1.5 went live. So I guess I could afford to splurge a little. :cool:

The allotment of Cartel Coins given to subscribers needs to be adjusted. Bioware/EA has decided that people paying for a monthly subscription will be given a certain amount of cartel coins based upon your subscription package. The packages are as follows: 30 days gets 500 Cartel Coins, 60 days gets 525 Cartel Coins, 90 days gets 550 Cartel Coins, and 180 days gets 600 Cartel Coins. You are also available to get more Cartel Coins per month based upon other circumstances, i.e. security key and referring a friend, these add 100 Cartel Coins per month. After the release of the Cartel Market we see how much certain items actually cost with the item most solely sought after being the packs. The two packs offer different items and hence have different prices. The most expensive pack being 360 CC and the lower being 180 CC. The price of Section X is 600 CC, subscribers get this free of course, but using that as the standard amount (relative) for new content, I would like subscribers to get more CC per month. I believe the amount given to subscribers should be adjusted based upon sub package. Would does the community think?

agreed, lets get over 9000 coins per month :rolleyes:

oh my god there is so much whining and crying on this forum tonight it is so incredibly sad

10 toons or 100, doesn't matter. Account wide unlocks are usually the price of the unlock for 2-3 characters. So you don't need to be buying inventory slots separately for all 10+ characters, just get them once as account unlocks.

If you earn 700cc per month and sub for, say, a year, that's 8400cc right there. That's around the same ballpark as Darthhater calculated to unlock *everything* that subscribers get.

http://www.darthhater.com/articles/feature/22357-the-real-cost-of-cartel-market-items

And most people don't make use of *everything*, so they won't need to unlock more than a subset, so they'd have enough cc to drop to premium for good after less than a year of subbing.

I don't limit my attention to just a character or even a server full of 'em. Account-wide inventory slots & bank tabs were my first priority and I still have a few remaining inventory slots on numerous toons.

But I also make full use of companions, and gearing the ones I use most through the Cartel Shop at the current stipend rate will take years. Which is why I focus on guild runs in FPs & heroics for their gear. I focus on customs to build the look I want to keep. Whatever mods, armoring, enhancements, etc. I can't get from comms and quest rewards I supplement through either my own characters' handiwork, guildmates' handiwork or purchases of other people's handiwork through the GTM. The system is quite balanced, especially for such a new one.

I also want to explore the Cartel packs among other things but ran out of CCs before I could really delve into that. Point being, what seems like overkill / useless to some is not enough / useful to others.

I agree with you if the player only wants to maintain a couple of toons. But players who want more than 2 will have to subscribe. At least according to http://www.swtor.com/free/features.

Edited by GalacticKegger