Missing UI Features

QuelessQuest

With the updated UI customization I was expecting:

• Movable Pop-up Windows
  • Resizable Pop-up Windows
  • Resizable Main Map

Am I missing how to do this? The window frustration when opening a character sheet, inventory, etc. was what bugged me the most about the UI and that apparently hasn't changed.

And now that I have everything else scaled the way I want it, I still can't do anything about the large overhead map.

It's a start, but not done, and a little late.

With the updated UI customization I was expecting:

• Movable Pop-up Windows
  • Resizable Pop-up Windows
  • Resizable Main Map

Am I missing how to do this? The window frustration when opening a character sheet, inventory, etc. was what bugged me the most about the UI and that apparently hasn't changed.

And now that I have everything else scaled the way I want it, I still can't do anything about the large overhead map.

It's a start, but not done, and a little late.

While you can't resize the windows yet (and that is feedback I'll pass to the team!), you can indeed move them around. Open the UI Editor and check "Enable Movable Secondary Window."

why the heck didn't we get an additional hotbar ? how am i supposed to use new legacy skills if theres no place left on my 4 hotbars ?

lmao, rly

You get creative, figure out what you need and what you don't need. On my 50 merc healer for example, I'm not going to be using Rocket Punch a lot, so I remove it from my action bars. If i ever need it again, I open my ability panel and bring it back on.

Also missing: The ability to detach/resize buff/debuff icons from the player frame and the target frame. This would be a very helpful feature for quite a few classes, such as jedi balance shadows, lightning sorcerers, and lethality snipers. We need a better method of tracking our dots and procs, particularly on operations bosses where multiple classes of the same type might be present. I run my jedi shadow as balance, with another balance shadow and a balance sage. It is currently impossible to tell whose debuffs belong to whom, and it is quite frustrating and leads to a lot of early refreshes, which leads to lower DPS for all three.

We shouldn't have to open a window editor.

We should be able to grab a window, move it and re-size it right there.

Plus ALL the windows should come up and not have one window close one another out!

Please stop making things so complicated and start making things more user friendly.

Is there a way to move/resize the pvp specific UI stuff? (the map, score tracker, etc...) Mine was in the upper right corner but then got bumped to the left when I was playing with other UI elements and is really in the way now.

yea but just remember , when you fix the map resizing , i also want the option to turn off the rest of the clutter , and just make it a map if i want

don't want mission tracker , don't want legend

don't want additional little map in corner....... just 1 map please

I will add 1 vote for being able to re-size windows.

Especially:

Crew Management

Crafting

Missions

I really hate having to constantly scroll down to pick companions, or to pick missions to run. If I can resize it to fit all 5 companions and all 5 missions, yay no scrolling!

And the Crafting window could really be better being the size of my entire screen.

Other than that, love the UI customization, finally!

I would love there to be a way to separately adjust the size of the debuffs on our target. For example, when I play my commando it would be nice because I would be able to see when to refresh grav round.

First of all, a very good start to the UI customisation. I have a couple of minor suggestions, hope they are okay.

• The ability to break up a single bar into seperate sub-sections.

Say I want to half bar 4, and place one half on the left of my screen, the other on the right..or whatever. Gives more layout possibilities as I may just need to add a couple of extra ability slots and place them wherever I want without having to use multiple bars.

• Move the location of the name on the character bar.

• There is no options to pin bars to the center of the screen so they are aligned properly.

Also, it would be nice to be able to add a 2nd bar like we could prior to patch 1.2 without having have the left/right bars. I need to go into edit mode to remove them. It would be even more awesome if there was a preset that put at least 3 bars in the bottom centre rather than at each side of the screen, then all I would need to do is scale them to fit my screen

Edited by smexymage

and can someone tell me how i can make health bars FAT post update ?

I believe it was under OPs frames in the UI editor (this was 14 hours ago, sorry I can't remember clearly). But click on the OPs frame window, scroll way down in the editor window, and you have the same modifications as you did when it was in preferences.

Edited by DarcOptik

why the heck didn't we get an additional hotbar ? how am i supposed to use new legacy skills if theres no place left on my 4 hotbars ?

lmao, rly

I much much much would like to save different qucikslot layouts!!! That would it make much more easy than a 5th 6th 7th quickslotbar ^^ :(((

PVE - PVP are two different playstyles i feel so wrong that i am so loonly with that matter :o

I must be missing something obvious but I can't seem to adjust the position of the chat window. I have three tabs on it and of course have always been able to adjust the size of the window and fonts, but I'd really like to move it. Any ideas?

I must be missing something obvious but I can't seem to adjust the position of the chat window. I have three tabs on it and of course have always been able to adjust the size of the window and fonts, but I'd really like to move it. Any ideas?

You can move the chat window in normal game mode, not in the UI Edit mode

:)

Sry dont have time to read the whole thread.

But one thing i did to adjust the size of the inventory/character sheet pane windows etc was: before i started editing I lowered the overall scale first making everything smaller (including the inventory/character sheet panes etc). Then I adjusted the scale on the individual elements that I wanted bigger or smaller.

Edited by foxxecho