Agent and Smuggler Class Changes in 6.1.1 - Feedback

DanielSteed

While the Tactician set did need an adjustment, y'all straight up massacred it. I'm honestly not sure which one got gimped harder: Tactician or Gathering Storm. Concealment is being slapped back down to 5.x, where we were irrelevant to the meta for pvp and pve. But at least AP PT is getting buffs, not like it's already THE dps spec in wzs. Guess it's time to pick up the Debilitate set and dust off my PT. At least we're not sins I guess..

EDIT:

While I'm not happy with the backstab change, and feel it was a pointless nerf since TA has a 3m cd, it's not my real gripe. You should have either adjusted the crit chance amount OR the frequency, not both. We're now left with a set bonus that gives us 2% mastery, 5% dmg and healing buff with a TA, an extra TA, and a mediocre crit buff. We're going to be out DPS'd by skank tanks now.

EDIT 2:

Thought about it some more, and I have something to add. Volatile Strike's guaranteed crit only lasts for 5s (not stated in the tooltip, pls add it if intentional.) It's the concealment tactical for pvp. If you increase the duration the crit is guaranteed for to 8s or 10s. It makes the adjustment to concealment a bit more bearable, even if some of the other changes are questionable.

Yeah i also have doubts that operative will be viable with these nerfs considering that at 5.0 it was a useless class with low sustain damage and low burst (only 28k volatile with low alacrity while mm snipers did 35+k ambushes and maras did 34k+ furious strikes). At least they buff sustain damage a bit but i doubt it will help considering what lightning sorcs and deception sins are getting

Yeah i also have doubts that operative will be viable with these nerfs considering that at 5.0 it was a useless class with low sustain damage and low burst (only 28k volatile with low alacrity while mm snipers did 35+k ambushes and maras did 34k+ furious strikes). At least they buff sustain damage a bit but i doubt it will help considering what lightning sorcs and deception sins are getting

I don´t know why they keep nerfing it, after these changes there is probably no reason at all to play operative in nim content if you can play pt... If they would undo the tactical changes maybe... For pvp i don´t know but everything i read is that the tacticals there are the problem which are others than the pve tacticals

I don´t know why they keep nerfing it, after these changes there is probably no reason at all to play operative in nim content if you can play pt... If they would undo the tactical changes maybe... For pvp i don´t know but everything i read is that the tacticals there are the problem which are others than the pve tacticals

I'm really annoyed- they are double dipping with the crit chance nerf which will hurt operative healers where it counts and it's stupid, because we can't double stack- I mean, I appreciate Dxun was made to take advantage of sustain healing requirements. What I don't appreciate is that it looks like NiM Dxun will launch without merc healers being readjusted at all.

I'm really annoyed- they are double dipping with the crit chance nerf which will hurt operative healers where it counts and it's stupid, because we can't double stack- I mean, I appreciate Dxun was made to take advantage of sustain healing requirements. What I don't appreciate is that it looks like NiM Dxun will launch without merc healers being readjusted at all.

Yeah i´m not even mentioning the heal bc ***! everyone is running double merc, idk what happens after the sorc changes but ppl still won´t run operative and then they make this nerf which hits him rly hard for no reason at all and they don´t even think about compensation changes like they do with all the other set nerfs.

Edited by JulWolle

For pvp i don´t know but everything i read is that the tacticals there are the problem which are others than the pve tacticals

This is correct. For pvp, all they had to do was tweak the volatile strike tactical instead of butchering the tactician set bonus. This is doubly unfortunate because, as people have mentioned, a set bonus nerf also hurts healing operative and leth operative.

Cool I just resubbed to the game, spent a ******** of time grinding out tactician set for my OP and now I see it's butchered because it was too high burst in PvP, an activity which I do not participate in. Glad I subbed and wasted so much time lol, welp back to WoW! Edited by theriomorphic

the tactician set was definitely overtuned, for both PVE and PVP. i don't think this nerf will "kill ops viability", i'd, at the very least, wait for 6.1.1 to come out before everybody starts complaining.

Your post makes ZERO sense. As this thread is literally the place for complaints about heavy-handed tweaks. Suggesting that people wait for 6.1.1, when it would be too late (which is no doubt why you suggested it) is just comically transparent.

Can you guys please move the 10m knockback effect on Series of Shots/Speed Shot from the Reestablish Range/Reset Engagement utility to a different utility or just get rid of that effect entirely? The problem is that the 75% movement speed boost from Countermeasures/Surrender is really nice, but the knockback causes really annoying problems in a lot of PvE stuff where it's unhelpful or downright problematic to knock a single enemy away. It's incredibly frustrating in Engineering/Saboteur because you knock what is likely your primary target out of your Plasma Probe/Incendiary Grenade and away from the other enemies for targeted AoE like EMP Discharge/Sabotage and Fragmentation Grenade/Thermal Grenade.

If you wanted to move it, I think that Series of Snares/Compounding Impact (80% slow on Series of Shots/Speed Shot) would be an appropriate target since that utility only has that one effect and that effect also applies to Series of Shots/Speed Shot and is also in the Masterful tier.

• 3 weeks later...
I literally just finished 74'ing my last piece of sniper gear today to see you reduced the only true aspect of virulance by 80%, I don't have words how infuriating that is, if you don't at the very least remove this 30% debuff I'm done. Unsubbed for life, I left ESO for the same asinine mistakes this game has literally no end game, don't push me.

I literally just finished 74'ing my last piece of sniper gear today to see you reduced the only true aspect of virulance by 80%, I don't have words how infuriating that is, if you don't at the very least remove this 30% debuff I'm done. Unsubbed for life, I left ESO for the same asinine mistakes this game has literally no end game, don't push me.

Dirty Fighting/Virulence is doing fine either way. Ranged is never supposed to be doing more than melee at any rate. And Dirty Fighting/Virulence was 1st in DPS Parses.

GS/Sniper already has extremely good utility skills too.