Best way to level up and best places to get samples grade 10

Alexisshade

Fastest way to level all crafting is by making components/attachments. If you have green jawa scraps you can get mats that way. Or go farm various places but that can take a bit. Or buy them from gtn if ya have creds and they're not ridiculously priced. Or you can send your crews out on missions to get some too.

Hello I am looking to build end game gear what is the fastest way to level artifice up and where do you find a lot of grade 10 resources

I am willing to trade I have end game armor tech and cyber tech working on Biochem as well

Question: what do you mean by end game gear?

The reason I ask is because no matter how fast you level the skill, to get end game schematics you are going to have to do at least one of a few activities:

#1 grind Galactic Command XP to gain command levels to obtain command crates that MIGHT have schematics you want in them, or MIGHT have pieces of gear with item modifications that you can rip out and RE for schematics (ONLY PURPLE). There are four tiers of command rank each having its own set of item ratings:

tier 1 = 230

tier 2 = 234

tier 3 = 240

tier 4 = 246

Rating 230 gear is only slightly better than rating 228 gear which can be acquired more easily (RE crafted items from rating 220 stuff from schematics off trainer) but costs significantly more in materials. i.e. NOT WORTH THE EFFORT.

#2 run operations as each boss drops a schematic for an item modification:

SM = tier 2

VM/HM = tier 3

MM/NiM = tier 4

#3 participate in PvP and/or GSF. Completing the daily missions and weekly missions give you a chance to get schematics as a mission reward. Schematics earned are based on your Galactic command rank.

rank 1 to 90 = tier 1

rank 91 to 180 = tier 2

rank 181 to 300 = tier 3

rank > 300 = tier 4

FYI tier 4 schematics require a new exotic material that is only purchasable from a vendor for command tokens (something else you get from command crates). Yes they can be bought on the GTN for roughly 75k a piece and most rating 246 crafted items require at least 5 of this new material.

All I am saying is that it is not a simple matter to just raise your crafting skills and voila you have end game schematics.

I have 3 crew skills maxed out at 600(they are armor tech, arms tech, and cyber tech) that I used to build end of game gear with the best augment and augment slots, armoring, weapons etc... they all use scavenge and underworld goods so it was really easy to leveling them up from the left overs resources of the last crew skill I was leveling and scavenging during flash points

I don't know of any planet where I can mine the crystals to get grade 10 resources

I could use a location of the best mining points that i could mine in a short amount of time.

I have 3 crew skills maxed out at 600(they are armor tech, arms tech, and cyber tech) that I used to build end of game gear with the best augment and augment slots, armoring, weapons etc... they all use scavenge and underworld goods so it was really easy to leveling them up from the left overs resources of the last crew skill I was leveling and scavenging during flash points

I don't know of any planet where I can mine the crystals to get grade 10 resources

I could use a location of the best mining points that i could mine in a short amount of time.

If you are talking about archaeology color crystals (and power crystals and artifact fragments), then the only gathering area (aka planet) for gathering any of the grade 10 gathering skill materials is Iokath (the newest planet/story area/daily area). Some say the density of nodes is low. I agree that the density is lower than Yavin and Zakuul and Darvannis, but IMO those planets' gathering nodes densities were too high.

If you are talking about Treasure Hunting gemstones, then like Underworld Trading there are no nodes; you must run missions.

With Artifice, you will be able to craft only two relics of your gear set, crystals for weapons, plus hilts if you are using lightsabers.

So you will need to level up Cybertech, Biochem, Armormech (if you have a tank) and/or Armstech (if you have blaster / rifles / cannons).

Getting the schematics is not that easy. Getting some mats is even harder, specially VMCs in quantities needed for full gear set.

Also, crafted set doesn't have a set-bonus.

While I'll always encourage new crafters, it would be better to ask yourself do you really, really wanna get into this? It is way more work than meets the eye.