New tank needs a shield

eriknimblehands

Ok, here's the deal. Just got Ashara, decided to respec tank to get the best use out of her since we both got whooped when I was dps. Now, I've switched mods and things to go tank, but I can't find a shield generator anywhere. I'm level 35, and my artifice is mid 300 (I can make level 37 stuff) and none of the willpower offhands are shields, only dps or heal based gear. What's the deal? Where can I get a shield? I know I can get some with commendations, or on the GTN, but I like to make my own as much as possible, so I can RE and get specifically what I want. DO schematics for will shields drop in some FP? If so, which one or is it all random? Help!

Well, as a fellow Artificer and Inquisitor I'll let you know that Bioware wanted only Sith Warriors to do Artificing as you clearly notice by the lack of Willpower shields they even got Aim shields but no willpower.

In other words, you either need to be lucky and find a schematic for it or just start using strength shields cause there are no Willpower shields from the trainer.

The lack of willpower shields is a big problem in the artifice crewskill.

Now someone who levels in tank spec whole time can keep using shields they sometimes get as mission rewards, and it is very important to always take it, if a mission offers a willpower shield for offhand.

Now you could perhaps buy a wp shield from somewhere...

The last resort is to use a strength shield (it's not totally useless) until you find a willpower shield, but of course you should only use it until you can get a willpower shield.

Ok, here's the deal. Just got Ashara, decided to respec tank to get the best use out of her since we both got whooped when I was dps. Now, I've switched mods and things to go tank, but I can't find a shield generator anywhere. I'm level 35, and my artifice is mid 300 (I can make level 37 stuff) and none of the willpower offhands are shields, only dps or heal based gear. What's the deal? Where can I get a shield? I know I can get some with commendations, or on the GTN, but I like to make my own as much as possible, so I can RE and get specifically what I want. DO schematics for will shields drop in some FP? If so, which one or is it all random? Help!

1. Artifice has only 2 Willpower shields, a lvl 25 and a lvl 37 one, both are dropped schematics. If you're (very) lucky you will be able to find those on the GTN.

2. Every once in a while you will receive a Willpower shield as quest reward.

3. If all else fails, use a Strength shield.

Thanks for the replies, but man, that's depressing. If they didn't want assassins to tank why give them a tank spec? Why not go all dps like Marauders? I did get lucky and found a green shield close to my level on the GTN, but I guess I'll just have to go with quest rewards until I hit 50 and can get some easy from the PVP dailies. Really want to use Ashara, but maybe I'll go back to Khem and return to deception.

There is a quest (can't remember where) that does give shield or focus. Other than that, crafting them won't work because they isn't really a good willpower shield.

I am still using the lvl 50 pvp shield generator.

Thanks for the replies, but man, that's depressing. If they didn't want assassins to tank why give them a tank spec? Why not go all dps like Marauders? I did get lucky and found a green shield close to my level on the GTN, but I guess I'll just have to go with quest rewards until I hit 50 and can get some easy from the PVP dailies. Really want to use Ashara, but maybe I'll go back to Khem and return to deception.

It's because initially Assassins used Strenght just like Marauders, they changed our main stat but forgot to update the gear.