Parents and Kids playing?

Dragkun

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have two sons and a daughter (and a "something" on the way... we don't know the gender yet). all three play video games, and all three have a character on my account.

we're moving house soon, at which point the eldest (12 atm) will be getting his own pc and account.

I have a son playing and I was wondering how many other parents out there are playing the game with their kids.

I have a friend who was playing... his cahracter name was "Cool'<son'sName>"

but he kind of lost Interset after getting through Tython... I he's a bit young for the game, even though he's starwars craszy.

I have a ten year old son who is playing a Sith Warrior on his Uncle's server. Not bad since we play at different times and different servers he gets to get some Uncle time in, I get my time in and it's on the same account.

He is on Infinity Gate, Mosiah is his toon's name (his name IRL, he never makes up silly names LOL), say hi and feel free to lend a hand if you see him!!!

Nice thread, refreshing to say the least OP!!!

Awesome, my son is actually 6 and I made him try the game on my account for awhile before getting him his own. I always surprised at how kids these days are so tech-saavy.

I know what you mean. I hate to get a little off topic but my 11 year old came home talking about needing to make a power point slide show about weather patterns.

I said sure, I'll help you.

Turns out he didn't need me at all and put in all the, verbage, pictures, transitions and adjusted the time frames for each slide.

I was shocked as I had never seen him do anything with power point before, must less get do it all.

Playing SW together has been a blast for us.

Over the years I have personally known many gaming families, specifically parents playing with their kids. It's pretty common. I believe people who got into gaming are now somehow managing to procreate (at least enough of them) so for their generation and bracket doing missions together will take the role of "playing catch" or "storytime."

It's interesting because it puts the parent and kid in an even footing in the game world instead of the kid being in the weaker more passive role in the traditional RL way.

Two of my three kids play, 13 year old son and 17 year old daughter. The funny thing is my daughter loves the game but would be horified if the word got out at school that she plays. Kids are really silly sometimes.

I have a son playing and I was wondering how many other parents out there are playing the game with their kids.

I have two sons, ages 6 and 11 and they both play. As the matter of fact they both have alts, play PvP, and understand quite a bit about how to advance with their characters. My oldest son has a lvl 25 BH Merc and a lvl 32 Commando, my 6 year old has a lvl 15 BH Merc and a lvl 12 Sith Warrior. A funny thing happened once SWTOR was installed, my wife began playing and she is right on my heels with her lvl 40 Assassin! It's hard to find time for me to play my only toon, a lvl 41 Marauder. We are a SWTOR kind of family, I guess.

My 4 1/2 year old flys my space combat dailies before bedtime, while I'm doing the dishes. Whicih says something about the "accessibility" of the space combat in this game, but that's for another discussion. ;)

I do feel a bit dirty about it sometimes though, in a Chinese gold farming camp taskmaster sort of way. :p

Awesome, my son is actually 6 and I made him try the game on my account for awhile before getting him his own. I always surprised at how kids these days are so tech-saavy.

Cool to know I'm not the only one. We have a 6 yr old son and a 8 yr old daughter. The 6 yr old is amazingly game-savvy already, and just got his companion on his lvl 9 jedi knight. he plays it on my account, and my husband rolled a sage on the same server on his account so that he could help our son if necessary.

We do, however, restrict his gaming to a 2-3 hour period once a week (either saturday or sunday) or else he would be on all the time. Someone invited him to a group last week, but abandoned the group within 5 min. I guess they didn't realize they were playing with a 6 yr old. ;)

Our daughter created a character, but she's not quite as good as him (and totally afraid of dying).

And I let the 6 yr old handle the space missions for me, because he is better at it.

Edited by Jedi_Barbie

I know what you mean. I hate to get a little off topic but my 11 year old came home talking about needing to make a power point slide show about weather patterns.

That is so hilarious Quraswren, my son came home the other day asking if we had a program called Power Point which he was learning to use in FIRST GRADE! I know VPs of large companies that still don't know how to use Power Point. It kinda makes me scared and excited to see what the future holds for our kids.

I play SWTOR and a couple of other games with my stepson (my daughter and son are still a wee bit young). Because we live in a section of town where there are not a lot of kids his age, and because we are a bit cut off from other sections of town because of how highways intersect, it has been a great opportunity to still get some social interaction with friends, and it gives us something to talk about and be excited about together.

Cool to know I'm not the only one. We have a 6 yr old son and a 8 yr old daughter. The 6 yr old is amazingly game-savvy already, and just got his companion on his lvl 9 jedi knight. he plays it on my account, and my husband rolled a sage on the same server on his account so that he could help our son if necessary.

We do, however, restrict his gaming to a 2-3 hour period once a week (either saturday or sunday) or else he would be on all the time. Someone invited him to a group last week, but abandoned the group within 5 min. I guess they didn't realize they were playing with a 6 yr old. ;)

That's awesome! My son and I did the same thing Knight and Sage combo. But in the words of my son, "Daddy lightsabers are cool but I like guns better." So now he's playing a Scoundrel while I'm playing a Vanguard with him.

I restrict game time as well, but it REALLY motivates him to do his homework and chores.

I have two sons, ages 6 and 11 and they both play. As the matter of fact they both have alts, play PvP, and understand quite a bit about how to advance with their characters. My oldest son has a lvl 25 BH Merc and a lvl 32 Commando, my 6 year old has a lvl 15 BH Merc and a lvl 12 Sith Warrior. A funny thing happened once SWTOR was installed, my wife began playing and she is right on my heels with her lvl 40 Assassin! It's hard to find time for me to play my only toon, a lvl 41 Marauder. We are a SWTOR kind of family, I guess.

That is AWESOME! My wife gave up on MMOs after WoW.

Glad to see this post! :D

Yes, my 13yr old son and I play together almost every night.

We really would like to form our own little guild of parents/kids playing together, but our server is pretty low pop right now (Axial Park, East Coast).

If there is another parent/child team out there that's interested in a child-friendly guild please PM me. We have 2 accounts, so we just need one more parent/child team with 2 accounts to form our own guild.

We also run our own TeamSpeak server so we can talk to each other while playing. If you don't know anything about using headsets I can help.

Glad to see this post! :D

Yes, my 13yr old son and I play together almost every night.

We really would like to form our own little guild of parents/kids playing together, but our server is pretty low pop right now (Axial Park, East Coast).

That's exactly what my son wants to create. He's been telling or trying to sell me on creating out own guild. Unfortunately we are on a different server (Jung Ma).

My 12-year old daughter plays, although sparingly - she actually plays WoW more than SW. We had a deal on grades last year and she got her own WoW account.

My 8-year old boy plays, but haven't gotten him his own account. He has a level 15 Jedi Knight as he kept pushing me to help him get his ship. Now he pretty much just does space missions, but he likes starting new characters too, so he has about 3-4 guys between level 5 and 10. He likes the cinematic and playstyle stuff, but he's not to the point where he focuses on questing - usually thats when he calls me to tell him where he needs to go and what to do.

My 17 year old son plays, but on a different server (he likes RP, I do not). We've been gaming together (former WoW players) since he was 12. I love it when he runs into my office all excited about a piece of gear or something.