Can Exotech Fortitude Stim can be upgraded to reusable?

gabusan

A friend of mine got the blue recipe for Exotech Fortitude Stim. With enough reverse engineeering, would it be possible to discover a purple, reusable version of this recipe? If yes, the purple stim would be freely tradable so he could make me one or would it be bind on pick up? I never seen one of these in the galactic market.

I am on 400 biochem skill.

Thanks in advance to anyone who knows!

Edited by gabusan

Hi, I also have 400 biochem and I have reverse engineered exotech might stim and exotech resolve stim to purple which is a reusable version but unfortunately it requires 400 biochem to use which makes it unsellable because anyone who would buy it has the ability to just make it themselves (great design huh?)

Hi, I also have 400 biochem and I have reverse engineered exotech might stim and exotech resolve stim to purple which is a reusable version but unfortunately it requires 400 biochem to use which makes it unsellable because anyone who would buy it has the ability to just make it themselves (great design huh?)

Many Biochems do not actively research their schematics to unlock the ability make everything available, they only get it to skill 400 so they can use the things that require it. They expect other people to make the stuff for them.

ezy_ryder says he has created a purple version of these exotech stims.

ThecrackLing says a purple version cannot be created from these exotech stims.

Who is saying the truth? Who is lying?

You cannot RE Exotech or Energized Stim/Medpacs/Adrenals. I think ThecrackLing is thinking of Hyper-Battle.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
with 1.2, has this changed? Can you RE Exotech now?

Nope, just wasted 20 Black Hole Comms and wasted 500K Credits to craft (what was supposed to be nine of them, because it says you can craft 3 with one crafting session, yet when you craft them you only end up with two at a time...bug?) 6 of them...tried to RE them with a no go. Sure as hell would have been nice to know before I wasted all my credits and 20 black hole comms to get the damn things. Not a happy customer right now.

Does the game say you have a chance to learn a new schematic for these?

It never says...it's always a guessing game. Only way to find out is hope somebody on the forums has said something, or find out for yourself. Didn't pay well for me. At least now I can answer the questions in this thread though. You can NOT RE them, even as of today.

I'm not sure what you mean by guessing game. The items I make have a green text below the item description (when in reverse engineering mode) saying I have a 20% chance to learn a new schematic. When there is no new item to be learned, the text is red and says so.

You misunderstand. In order for me to even find out if I can Reverse Engineer these items, I must first take 20 Black Hole Comms, buy the Schematic. Once I buy the Schematic I have to find the Mats to create the Exotechs...which costs a ton of cash. Then I have to sit for 45 minutes while they are being crafted. Only when they are finished being crafted, after wasting time, credits and black hole comms, can I learn if they can be Reverse Engineered.

You misunderstand. In order for me to even find out if I can Reverse Engineer these items, I must first take 20 Black Hole Comms, buy the Schematic. Once I buy the Schematic I have to find the Mats to create the Exotechs...which costs a ton of cash. Then I have to sit for 45 minutes while they are being crafted. Only when they are finished being crafted, after wasting time, credits and black hole comms, can I learn if they can be Reverse Engineered.

Or you could of gone to the GTN, looked up the stim, hit the RE button on you inventory and mouse over the item from the GTN listing. It'll show your RE chances with out having to buy or make the item in the first place.

But answer is no you can't RE Exotech and the Devs stated a while back that all future levels of comsumables will not have a reusable counterpart. rakata will be the last reusables you can ever get unless the Devs change their minds.

Or you could of gone to the GTN, looked up the stim, hit the RE button on you inventory and mouse over the item from the GTN listing. It'll show your RE chances with out having to buy or make the item in the first place.

But answer is no you can't RE Exotech and the Devs stated a while back that all future levels of comsumables will not have a reusable counterpart. rakata will be the last reusables you can ever get unless the Devs change their minds.

Where did they say this and what was their reasoning for this? If this is true, I can say once again....I'm not a happy customer, especially since there is going to be a level increase soon. That's going to make (Actually, Exotech has already done this) my Reusables obsolete. What a bunch of Horse ****!!

Also, correct me if I am wrong, but you can never RE something that somebody else crafted. So how was your suggestion going to help me?

Edited by Wraiven

Where did they say this and what was their reasoning for this? If this is true, I can say once again....I'm not a happy customer, especially since there is going to be a level increase soon. That's going to make (Actually, Exotech has already done this) my Reusables obsolete. What a bunch of Horse ****!!

Yes, I remember devs saying this, cba googling it though. But I think the wording was "phasing out" the reusables from Biochem.

Anyway, you should be making money with the Exotech stims. They steadily sell at around 18k - 20k a pop. Each craft will give you 3, 4 on a crit. So that's a nice number.

Yes, I remember devs saying this, cba googling it though. But I think the wording was "phasing out" the reusables from Biochem.

Anyway, you should be making money with the Exotech stims. They steadily sell at around 18k - 20k a pop. Each craft will give you 3, 4 on a crit. So that's a nice number.

I only got two per craft. The info shows that you get three, but the info is obviously wrong.

They sell for about 13K on my server, and the mats cost me so much, I would rather not embarrass myself to say how much I spent crafting the six that I have. Put it this way, there is zero profit in it for me. Sure, I could grind out the mats myself, but at the time, I was more concerned with crafted the purple version, which I later found that I could not do.

I can make the reflex, resolve, skill and fortitude stims and I am on your server and each one usually sells for around 18k. I do not make the might ones however so I do not have any idea what they sell for. And when I make them it is always 3 and with a proc sometimes 4.

I actually never looked if they could be RE'd, hence why I read this thread.

Edited by Fayme

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=3370397#edit3370397

And when I make them it is always 3 and with a proc sometimes 4.

I actually never looked if they could be RE'd, hence why I read this thread.

Then something seriously bugged out on me then. I had three companions craft one each...end result was six when I should have ended up with a minimum of nine. So something went bad wrong there.

Edited by Wraiven