How does one appeal a customer support ticket?

Hello,

I've had a very negative experience with a customer support representative in game over the last four days over a loot issue. A group of friends and I killed the 16 man geonosian queen in order to help gear one of my toons and none of the loot boxes dropped for us. While the lack of loot is very disappointing, I am more concerned by the customer service interactions over 3 tickets which were all responded to by the same individual in which they provided multiple incorrect pieces of information.

Per the first ticket, "Since klling the only-one-boss rewards all the group members with the same Arftefact lootbox ( upper), and that I could verify they have been created in-game to everyone,

I am afraid I can only take your feedback as a comment as to why the master loot can be set-up in such situation, which is frankly just good common sense." I am not quite sure what this means, but had not previously known of any issue with using master loot settings rather than round robin in instanced bosses or open world settings. Additionally, this indicates that the loot drop from the boss should be one of the 252 crates for each party member, which doesn't match with prior experience of either 1 of each type or 2 of each type in 8 and 16 man respectively.

In the second ticket, I was told "I checked agin my logs and the :

Artifact Lockbox (Lower Body ) is shown as created but not looted as I could not see any such artefact in your inventory, nor in your galactic command stash.

I have restored one for you as it is intended you get one.

The game mechanic does not allow you to get all artifact lockboxes for all other members though, as in this speccific instance one is rewarded for every member." I suppose I have never seen someone get all the drops from queen, so it is possible that that is prohibited, but I didn't think it was. Additionally, the restored box was given to a different character than the one used to complete the instance (though one with a very similar name, so I can understand this mistake) and since it isn't the same class isn't particularly useful in gearing the class we were doing the run for. They also indicate that the lower body box was created when in the previous post they said that the boss should only generate upper body boxes, though my guess is that their understanding is that the boss should provide each party member with their own random type of box.

In my third ticket I mentioned that 16 man queen usually drops 3 of each type of box to be distributed among the group as well as stating that the single box did not appear to have been restored. I later updated the ticket when I found that a different toon had been given that box and that I wasn't opening it until I heard back about what to do.

The third reply I only received as an email which only reiterated some of the incorrect information they had previously provided, made no mention of the box being "restored" to an incorrect toon, and threatened potential disciplinary sanctions for abuse of support. I think that my tickets were reasonable, relevant, and not abusive. I would like very much for them to be looked over by a different representative. If any of my conduct in submitting the tickets was wrong, I would very much like to know what. I also hope that the representative can be informed of how the relevant features involved function so that other individuals don't have a similarly negative experience in the future.

Abuse of support. That's a good one. :rolleyes: Send Musco a PM.

"Abuse of support" is similar to abusive litigation, over-use of the courts.

And that's a thing. In England, the courts can class you to be a "vexatious litigant" (the phrase and its precise implications may vary in other jurisdictions, but the fundamental concept does not), and until they remove the status, you have to obtain permission from a court before you can sue someone for basically *anything*. It's not common, but all vexatious litigants have in common that they sue early and sue often, frequently with an implication of malice associated, and almost always for relatively frivolous things that don't merit litigation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vexatious_litigation

**Probably** if OP had asked on the third ticket merely to have the item transferred to the correct character (citing the previous ticket *carefully*), and had remained resolutely polite and professional(1) in the face of a frustrating situation, it wouldn't have come to this.

(1) I'm not saying he became rude or anything, but the short route to the point he's at suggests that he did, indeed, stray at least a bit in that direction.

I'd be inclined to believe you, Steve, and good thing BW isn't in England, but we all know support is a term used loosely around here. They're outsourced, they're not native English speakers, they don't play the game and there have been numerous occasions shown on these forums where you have to wonder if they even know what they're doing. At least in the case of tier one support (if there even is a tier 2).

I myself have had to put in secondary tickets more than a few times RE'ing the first ticket to ask for someone to re-read my original because the (usually obtuse) response clearly didn't address the issue. Luckily for me, I've always gotten a different person that did address the issue. The OP obviously didn't and he has every right to ask for more support from someone else. He has done what he's supposed to do, pointing out their error, going through the proper channels and the response he gets about abuse of service is ridiculous. No one should ever get a response that is tantamount to "stop bothering us or we'll ban you". That's a complete failure of service and a pathetic abuse of power on their part. What's his recourse when support isn't support at all? Musco has previously stated to send him a PM when these kinds of things pop up.

Edited by kodrac

I agree with what Steve said -- excessive use of support for frivolous things would be problematic. Additionally, becoming rude or angry in my tickets would have been problematic. I had initially typed a rather sarcastic and rude third ticket, but didn't submit it figuring that it would be rather counterproductive. Instead what I ended up submitting was as follows, which while it could have been made more professional and neutral I think was not too bad in that regard.

'This is again in response to tickets [redacted]. The instanced hive queen boss did not drop the 6 loot crates it was supposed to. Master looter allows the operations lead to assign loot as they see fit and does in fact work in instanced bosses, unlike the customer service rep indicated. The queen in story mode is intended to (and usually does) drop 2 of each of the three kinds of 252 boxes which are allocated according to looting mode (if round robin, which is the default, by rolls, and if master looter by assignment by the ops lead). This feature has functioned correctly previously. The information the customer service rep handling these tickets has provided does not correspond with prior behavior. Their account of what should have dropped has also changed between ticket responses from "rewards all the group members with the same Arftefact lootbox ( upper)" to "Artifact Lockbox (Lower Body )".

Additionally, in the more recent ticket they indicated that one of these boxes has been restored. This is as far as I can tell not the case. Even if it were, that is not the appropriate loot for the boss unless every other completion I (or anyone I know) has always provided loot incorrectly.

[later ticket update] I found the box that was granted. In addition to still not being but one in six drops that was supposed to have spawned, it was applied to the wrong toon. I have not collected the loot.'

While I can see ways to edit this to make it more professional, I don't think it is sufficiently rude or abusive to warrant threats of disciplinary action on that front. I'm very glad to hear that Kodrac has previously gotten responses from different reps when submitting followup tickets. I think it would be reasonable to tell someone to stop submitting tickets on an issue if it has at least been reviewed by a different support rep and the situation has actually been resolved to the best of support's abilities using correct information about the game, but that isn't the case here. I was unaware there was someone to ping if stuff like this happened. I'll try to search for confirmation of that and if I find it will message them. Thanks for the suggestion.

Hello,

I've had a very negative experience with a customer support representative in game over the last four days over a loot issue. A group of friends and I killed the 16 man geonosian queen in order to help gear one of my toons and none of the loot boxes dropped for us. While the lack of loot is very disappointing, I am more concerned by the customer service interactions over 3 tickets which were all responded to by the same individual in which they provided multiple incorrect pieces of information.

Per the first ticket, "Since klling the only-one-boss rewards all the group members with the same Arftefact lootbox ( upper), and that I could verify they have been created in-game to everyone,

I am afraid I can only take your feedback as a comment as to why the master loot can be set-up in such situation, which is frankly just good common sense." I am not quite sure what this means, but had not previously known of any issue with using master loot settings rather than round robin in instanced bosses or open world settings. Additionally, this indicates that the loot drop from the boss should be one of the 252 crates for each party member, which doesn't match with prior experience of either 1 of each type or 2 of each type in 8 and 16 man respectively.

In the second ticket, I was told "I checked agin my logs and the :

Artifact Lockbox (Lower Body ) is shown as created but not looted as I could not see any such artefact in your inventory, nor in your galactic command stash.

I have restored one for you as it is intended you get one.

The game mechanic does not allow you to get all artifact lockboxes for all other members though, as in this speccific instance one is rewarded for every member." I suppose I have never seen someone get all the drops from queen, so it is possible that that is prohibited, but I didn't think it was. Additionally, the restored box was given to a different character than the one used to complete the instance (though one with a very similar name, so I can understand this mistake) and since it isn't the same class isn't particularly useful in gearing the class we were doing the run for. They also indicate that the lower body box was created when in the previous post they said that the boss should only generate upper body boxes, though my guess is that their understanding is that the boss should provide each party member with their own random type of box.

In my third ticket I mentioned that 16 man queen usually drops 3 of each type of box to be distributed among the group as well as stating that the single box did not appear to have been restored. I later updated the ticket when I found that a different toon had been given that box and that I wasn't opening it until I heard back about what to do.

The third reply I only received as an email which only reiterated some of the incorrect information they had previously provided, made no mention of the box being "restored" to an incorrect toon, and threatened potential disciplinary sanctions for abuse of support. I think that my tickets were reasonable, relevant, and not abusive. I would like very much for them to be looked over by a different representative. If any of my conduct in submitting the tickets was wrong, I would very much like to know what. I also hope that the representative can be informed of how the relevant features involved function so that other individuals don't have a similarly negative experience in the future.

Just to clarify:

1. You had it on master loot?

2. How many friends were in the instance?

3. You and your friends were the only ones in the instance or other players as well?

I didn't quite understand from the post, though I know it's kind of a moot point by now.

While I can see ways to edit this to make it more professional, I don't think it is sufficiently rude or abusive to warrant threats of disciplinary action on that front. I'm very glad to hear that Kodrac has previously gotten responses from different reps when submitting followup tickets. I think it would be reasonable to tell someone to stop submitting tickets on an issue if it has at least been reviewed by a different support rep and the situation has actually been resolved to the best of support's abilities using correct information about the game, but that isn't the case here. I was unaware there was someone to ping if stuff like this happened. I'll try to search for confirmation of that and if I find it will message them. Thanks for the suggestion.

There's nothing wrong with what you typed out. Nothing rude. And the thing is, you don't need to be professional, courteous helps, but you're not being paid to write out the ticket. They're the ones that need to be professional in their replies. We're paying them lest they forget.

It's one thing if their original response was 'that's not something we can fix, sorry' and you continue to submit tickets - fix this, fix this, fix this - that could be abuse of service. But it's another thing to be given incorrect information and in your follow up to ask for someone to take a look at it again since it wasn't correct and then have the fix botched. It's perfectly fine, because it is your only recourse to do it this way, to ask for it to be put on the right character or ask what to do with it because it's on the wrong character. To be told, in essence, 'I've helped you already now go away' is completely unprofessional. Their response should have been 'Sorry, which character should I move that to?". It's not that hard.

If you're new here, or just unaware, Eric Musco is the Community Manager. You can find his posts on the Dev tracker to send him a PM. Or if you don't want to jump through all the menu hoops his email is emusco@bioware.com

Edited by kodrac