The anti-melee mechanics in most fights are ridiculous

Please tell me why almost every op fight has mechanics that murder melee and barely touch ranged? Nearly every encounter has some sort of mechanic that makes it extremely hard for melee dps to survive. I'm in full rakata but we tried the hm lost island droid boss with 2 melee dps and it was impossible to avoid all those lightnings as melee, ranged is pretty much required. Anyone else agree?

If you choose to bring 2 Melee DPS, you'll probably want to be on vent in order to be very well coordinated for interrupts and positioning. Being Ranged just allows wiggle room for derping. Anytime you run with 2 Melee DPS you are just asking for trouble.

I have to disagree. That fight is mostly about positioning and interrupting his fire skill (incinerate I think?) as that is target based AoE murder dot. The lightning balls are easy enough to dodge, but it requires the tank to be away and move the droid around. As a healer, I was murdered more often by that boss than my melee counter parts ;)

EDIT: I usually run with a Shadow (Tank) and two Sents (DPS), and me (Smuggler Healer)

Edited by rosalem