Treek or HK-47

HellzHero

NOTE: I am only level 41 atm and I am a new player (who is a subscriber)

My question is should I:

A) Buy Treek for 2100 cartel coins? People say shes an amazing tank and healer combo who is killer to have, especially since I am a Jedi Knight (dps). However other people say her cost does not justify her skill and that Treek is indeed not worth it at all.

B) Wait and get HK-47 as a companion. People say he is insane to get all the parts HOWEVER people claim this companion can take out ELITE enemies with a few hits.

So my question is: Should I get Treek or wait for HK-47? Rather only get one.

treek is the better choice.. fairly easy to gear and can be both healer and tank wich is pretty sweet.

i also prefer to get her on new alts since you get her fully geared at level 10 wheras hk-51 will be without gear on your alts. and HK-51 does'nt seem to have any good gear available(none that i've seen on the GTN atleast)

NOTE: I am only level 41 atm and I am a new player (who is a subscriber)

My question is should I:

A) Buy Treek for 2100 cartel coins? People say shes an amazing tank and healer combo who is killer to have, especially since I am a Jedi Knight (dps). However other people say her cost does not justify her skill and that Treek is indeed not worth it at all.

B) Wait and get HK-47 as a companion. People say he is insane to get all the parts HOWEVER people claim this companion can take out ELITE enemies with a few hits.

So my question is: Should I get Treek or wait for HK-47? Rather only get one.

NEITHER.

Get Treek for 1 million credits, 2100 CC is worth like 2.1M credits so it's not cost effective.

NEITHER.

Get Treek for 1 million credits, 2100 CC is worth like 2.1M credits so it's not cost effective.

That's only an option if you have Legacy Level 40, I really don't think a new player with a level 41 is going to be at that stage yet.

OP, you don't mention what your characters class is.

I find Treek a very good companion to those DPS classes that don't have any self heals (Gunslinger/Sniper, Vanguard/Powertech, Sentinel/Marauder). I've found her a slightly better tank than pure tank companions as her AOE taunts don't break my Crowd Control abilities (like a sorcerers Whirlwind), and she can also heal herself. As a healer I've found her up to par with the dedicated companion healers, however one of the her heal abilities is accompanied by buzzing that will drive you mad.

The biggest bonus if you are buying Treek flat out is that you can get her at pretty much any level.

On the otherhand... HK-51 (HK-47 was the droid from KOTOR) has to be earnt by going on quite a long quest chain that only starts once you hit Section X, a level 50+ daily area. It involves a number of 2 man heroics (although a well geared 55 can solo pretty much all of it), several parts that need to be excavated (including one part from the opposite faction, so you will need a character of at least 15th level) and finishes with the need to go through 2 Flashpoints (if I recall one of those needs to be in Heroic mode).

However, once you've jumped through those hoops you can buy HK-51 for any other character in your legacy for 1,000,000 credits.

It is a ranged DPS companion with a opening move that can kill silvers with one shot (has to have a stack of 5 for this ability that's gained from helping to kill regular mobs) and does good ranged DPS at all other times.

and HK-51 does'nt seem to have any good gear available(none that i've seen on the GTN atleast)

You just get orange droid shells (parts, core, etc...) and fill them up with mods. In fact I thought HK came with a full set of orange gear you could mod up? Been so long since I dug it out of storage.

That's only an option if you have Legacy Level 40, I really don't think a new player with a level 41 is going to be at that stage yet.

Legacy 40 flies by quicker than you think. Living Legend is honestly a fairly common title in this game.

You just get orange droid shells (parts, core, etc...) and fill them up with mods. In fact I thought HK came with a full set of orange gear you could mod up? Been so long since I dug it out of storage.

he does on the first one you get but not on alts i think unless they fixed that.

I always go for treek, she is the utmost best companion in the whole game, especially since they gimped tanking companions as much as they did, thanks to players abusing their protections by solo'ing heroic 4 quests.....bloody idiots. lol

Overall i always go for Treek, considering majority of the classes healer companions are outright annoying that i would totally kill if i had the chance, the only ones i love questing with are Mako and Elara Dorne, the rest are just too annoying.

Imo, as much as its a headache to do all the hk parts quest....lvl'ing with HK makes life so much easier. No need to worry about most mobs or elites. HK can handle it...I also have an alt that crafts droid parts so that REALLY helps gearing him early on. He actually gives the best description of the damage he does..... "you're ALREADY dead, just lie down!" :d_evil: