Any new strongholds in the works or coming with the new Expansion?

AureliaSulis

Hi, have been away from the game for a number of weeks due to heavy university commitments and as this is the first day of my mid-semester break I logged into the forums and the game to discover that a new expansion is coming. :)

I guess my main questions are:

Is there any official word that new strongholds will be released?

Is there any chance that the Rishi apartment will be expanded?

Will Odessen get its own stronghold?

That's all.

Cheers from Oz.

Edited by AureliaSulis

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, have been away from the game for a number of weeks due to heavy university commitments and as this is the first day of my mid-semester break I logged into the forums and the game to discover that a new expansion is coming. :)

That's all.

Cheers from Oz.

Personally, I'd rather see a stronghold on Alderaan before anything else. I'm sure everyone could agree on that.

That's all.

Cheers from Oz.

I've suggested one several times... I'm hoping for a really nice space station on the outer rim. I works well with a part of the story line for either Jedi / Sumgglers or Commandos who had to go to ground during the KotFE/ET era. (or the darks side counter parts).

Personally, I'd rather see a stronghold on Alderaan before anything else. I'm sure everyone could agree on that.

This would be 1 on my Stronghold wishlist, closely followed by one on Odessen.

I love both planetes and would like to have a nice home on both worlds.

Edited by Goreshaga

This guy has the right idea. Rather we get a planet with a nice color scheme and medium size compared to the last few tragedies to come out (yeah, I am sick of Yavin and its moldy looking self). Killiks in the backyard would be awesome too!

No. I wouldn't *oppose* it, but it isn't top of my list for our next stronghold. I'd prefer (in no particular order) any of these ahead of Alderaan:

* Class ship-shaped decorated-per-character mini strongholds.

* Some sort of space station, with nice views from the windows.

* Odessen.

* Voss, and never mind the lore weirdness.

No. I wouldn't *oppose* it, but it isn't top of my list for our next stronghold. I'd prefer (in no particular order) any of these ahead of Alderaan:

* Class ship-shaped decorated-per-character mini strongholds.

* Some sort of space station, with nice views from the windows.

* Odessen.

* Voss, and never mind the lore weirdness.

I might agree.. IF they were not built out of ruins and the decorum a reflection of that.

But I really would like that really nice space station ... with a clear dome view of space (if that were possible)

;)

Edited by OlBuzzard

I would, so long as it's a similar size to Nar Shadaa. I'm fed up with overly large strongholds, not because of the cost of decorating them - I have plenty of credits and decorations but because they are just too much. I regularly run around my Corsuscant, Dromund Kaas and Nar Shadaa strongholds and see many others visiting in those doing the same. The others are too large. Rishi is OTT on size; I am pleased with how mine turned out but rarely do I remember it has a whole ship area. I like to decorate my strongholds to 100% but my Manaan will never hit that because the hooks are badly placed and if I add anything else it will just look silly and right now it looks just okay. Tatooine's areas have never made sense to me and I have Yavin but lost the will to live so it remains undecorated.

For the reason of size, I would also like to be able to buy multiples of the smaller strongholds (Dromund Kaas apartment, Coruscant apartment especially) as I want to have different themes for each and/or make different themed "homes" for each class.

I would, so long as it's a similar size to Nar Shadaa. I'm fed up with overly large strongholds, not because of the cost of decorating them - I have plenty of credits and decorations but because they are just too much. I regularly run around my Corsuscant, Dromund Kaas and Nar Shadaa strongholds and see many others visiting in those doing the same. The others are too large. Rishi is OTT on size; I am pleased with how mine turned out but rarely do I remember it has a whole ship area. I like to decorate my strongholds to 100% but my Manaan will never hit that because the hooks are badly placed and if I add anything else it will just look silly and right now it looks just okay. Tatooine's areas have never made sense to me and I have Yavin but lost the will to live so it remains undecorated.

This.

I started decorating Manaan, but there are way too many hooks, if you use them all, it's just plain ugly :(

I'd really like to have a SH that could be a "real" home to my characters. A nice house, a beautiful garden, something like that.

BTW, how do they eat and wash in these SH ? Is there even something that could be used as a kitchen and a bathroom (like a shower or something like that) ?

For the reason of size, I would also like to be able to buy multiples of the smaller strongholds (Dromund Kaas apartment, Coruscant apartment especially) as I want to have different themes for each and/or make different themed "homes" for each class.

I agree. I love Nar Shadaa and Manaan the best. Corsusant I have finished. I purchased the one on Tatooine, unlocked it completely ... but that's it. It's so massive and sprawing out over such a big area ... It's nice. And there's a lot you can do with it. Just not my cupf of tea.

BTW... anyone know where the best place to grind holos at. I love to line the hallways and star cases with them. Now I need to line the entrance of Manaan ( the rows in front of the water fountains)

That's all.

Cheers from Oz.

In a recent stream they did say that a new stronghold was in the works, but not even a tiny hint as to where. If I remember correctly they said they hoped to have it out this year, but no guarantee.

we dont need anymore strongholds imo, lets put the work time on new re-playable content we all can share and play.. they just gave us rishi. #Priorities

You can enjoy Rishi ... The rest of us will wait for something a little more modern / clean / exciting !

we dont need anymore strongholds imo, lets put the work time on new re-playable content we all can share and play.. they just gave us rishi. #Priorities

Everyone has something different they like that they think is content for them. Some like pvp and would like new maps to be added for them but not everyone is going to find that enjoyable or fun. The same can be said with operation and flashpoints and stories. So saying we don't need strongholds because it might not be enjoyable or replayable for you, for others it is. If you knew how many times I have redecorated my strongholds you would understand that it can be replayable. As someone used to say different strokes for different people.

They have said they are in the beggining stages of a new stronghold. They couldn't confirm it yet cause it's early in development, but it's likely coming.

Not with the xpac, but later ofc.

Edited by Nemmar

That would be top of the charts for me, number one with a bullet!!

I'm quite sure it would not be easy to do a good 3-D view for that clear dome view of space. But WOW what a view !!!

;)

( I almost wish they had a emote of snoopy doing his happy dance here !! )

Everyone has something different they like that they think is content for them. Some like pvp and would like new maps to be added for them but not everyone is going to find that enjoyable or fun. The same can be said with operation and flashpoints and stories. So saying we don't need strongholds because it might not be enjoyable or replayable for you, for others it is. If you knew how many times I have redecorated my strongholds you would understand that it can be replayable. As someone used to say different strokes for different people.

I agree ! Well said !

OH .. BTW.. the last sentence of your post made me remember an old song from back in the day Everyday People

Thank You !!

Best Regards