a small request RE: lack of healers

phattisimo

could you MAYBE rethink medpacks and the one/fight usage restriction? what you've done is create a situation where people are 100% dependant on making sure i have 0 resources and thus die. put em on a timer 3min is about right PVE ONLY make reg and craftable medpaks UNUSABLE in PVP. WZ medpaks are already ingame and keep 1/fight or ADD craftable WZ paks if need. seriously try the pug finder get a group ASK how many brought medpaks...this is why healers are rare along with the standing in fire/breaking cc/letting me get killed while i heal (thank god for surrender and disappearing act)....EITHER THAT OR MAKE ALACRITY WORK FOR HEALING I CAN"T HEALS THESE MOFO"S FAST ENOUGH!

I don't understand the suggestion.

As a healer, I've never expected anyone to carry or use a medpack. Outside of progression raiding, I would find it extremely odd if anyone used one.

Alacrity affects cast and channel times, including healing abilities. Frankly, I think healers are the only ACs that get any real benefit from alacrity, save lightning spec'd sorcs.

If you're running out of energy that often, you may just be getting stuck with under-geared or under-skilled pugs.

You can do EV in hard mode in Columni gear, for example, but by the time your group is in full Rakata/Black Hole, you will doing it at a run, and deaths will be a fluke rather than the norm.

This may appear to be gear related. You may even speculate that the bosses were nerfed at some point to make hard mode closer to story mode. But it's also a fact that will be less obvious that it takes several tries to learn the mechanics of the fights, and that will greatly improve your chances of success.

Channel times for healer are the badest idea..though most mmos use it...most mmos dont have AoE calls like you have it here, or had it at Galaxies where most of the ideas come from (i just belive).

Add instant heals, and add the channel times as the cooldown for the abillity. Strengthen PvP heals, dont want to run dozens of buffs and specials (specials have a looong cd, dmg specials usually not) just get bigger heals. When specials are down or my stims ran low i heal 1/3 of an dmg attack. If dps goes after me i feel like a stupid idiot who isant able to play. With my Medic (SWG) i was tanking Krix on the Blackguard, went through the EK encounter till i had to take a break to cool my fingers.

Im no dumb nood at healing, but healing here is just annoying. Waves of AoE, stupid running stoping, healing, running , stoping, healing....why you dont play healers for us you sooooo great developers? I surely could use the break, and fun adding you to igno list because you s+++ as healers, and cant heal my fine uber unbeatable dps character.

could you MAYBE rethink medpacks and the one/fight usage restriction? what you've done is create a situation where people are 100% dependant on making sure i have 0 resources and thus die. put em on a timer 3min is about right PVE ONLY make reg and craftable medpaks UNUSABLE in PVP. WZ medpaks are already ingame and keep 1/fight or ADD craftable WZ paks if need. seriously try the pug finder get a group ASK how many brought medpaks...this is why healers are rare along with the standing in fire/breaking cc/letting me get killed while i heal (thank god for surrender and disappearing act)....EITHER THAT OR MAKE ALACRITY WORK FOR HEALING I CAN"T HEALS THESE MOFO"S FAST ENOUGH!

If you can't keep up with the damage going on in a flashpoint or storymode op (hell a hardmode one) one of two things are happening.

1) The dps are doing things they damn well shouldn't be doing

2) You're managing your resources poorly

Neither of these will be rectified by making medpacs usable more than once per fight. Doubly so becuase the dps standing in stuff they shouldn't aren't going to bring medpacs.

Also alacrity does work for healing, it just isn't the be all and end-all.

Edited by CaptainApop