The Community as a whole. discuss

hyjaxxx

Salutations folks. Something that ive noticed during my Time on Begeren is that the chat channels are dead regardless if there are 150 people on a planet. For the health of the server and community as a whole i think everyone needs to make it a point to converse with people outside your immediate circle (guild ect) .

This is more far reaching then just saying hello. from my experience servers that interact as a whole seem to thrive. People want to log on and be active. So the next time you are on. dont hesitate to jump into a conversation and meet some new folks!

what are some other ideas you have to bring our community closer together? lets make it happen!

Salutations folks. Something that ive noticed during my Time on Begeren is that the chat channels are dead regardless if there are 150 people on a planet. For the health of the server and community as a whole i think everyone needs to make it a point to converse with people outside your immediate circle (guild ect) .

This is more far reaching then just saying hello. from my experience servers that interact as a whole seem to thrive. People want to log on and be active. So the next time you are on. dont hesitate to jump into a conversation and meet some new folks!

what are some other ideas you have to bring our community closer together? lets make it happen!

Haha, just the other day I was going through class quests on Nar Shadaa, and general was silent, so I typed "NAR SHADAA IS MINE!" which started a fun little discussion in general.

in fleet you are correct it moves fast and looks something like this

-Buy credits now at http://www.credz4farm.com

-Geez , all these gold farmerz

-can someone give me some credits

- RePoRtEd!

-OMG "name here" is a Ninja!

Im speaking more in regards to positive community interaction. I really enjoy this game and id love to make more friends while im on. So dont be bashful

( that isnt a real website...dont know why it did a link...lol)

Edited by hyjaxxx

I play empire and republic both. Have high level and low level toons on both sides. Most of the time I prefer empire, but as far as general conversation and feeling like part of a community, I haven't felt that since I left my first 50 assassin on an old PvE server that's now shadowlands. Republic side, there are always convos going. Just a few nights ago we were discussing dragon age: origins vs. dragon age 2, mass effect trilogy, and other MMOs... There are almost always people willing to help you out with things, Consular in particular. I've had random players offer to run me through a flashpoint if I ask for a group more than twice and they expect nothing in return.

The community itself is thriving, and most of the players here are socializing by making enemies in warzones that turn into friends.

Different kinda of people respond to random conversation starters in most zones, but something silly, or making a comment about something you're frustrated with gets most people talking.

Also, if you're on late, people are mostly half asleep and focusing on not getting squished and not paying much attention to the chat log. Anyway, I hope this was helpful in some small way.

Cookies are a good way to get people talking on the fleet. But some folks don't understand that. Almost everyone loves cookies and has something to say about them. :p Cookies are a community builder. *nods hard*

(I'll give you all a hint... I barely ever eat cookies IRL. :p)

Edited by Desiirea

Cookies are a good way to get people talking on the fleet. But some folks don't understand that. Almost everyone loves cookies and has something to say about them. :p Cookies are a community builder. *nods hard*

(I'll give you all a hint... I barely ever eat cookies IRL. :p)

I haven't had a cookie in almost 2 years... Or beer for that matter... Stupid grains.

--Me

All grains? Even things made with rice and such? :(

Murder some defenseless sage in a warzone. It will make you feel better.

All grains. No rice, no corn, no wheat/barley/hops. No legumes either.

Just dead animal, vegetables, and lots and lots of wine.

--Me

P.S. No such thing as a defenseless sage/sorcerer - they all have mini bubbles ;)

I'm not quite sure for the Imp side, but for the Republic side the community seems good.

I don't see a lot of RP happening to be quite honest. While I know that there are groups that do it, the majority of people never actually RP. I know I tend to RP when I'm either in PvP (use to do it a lot when I had my trooper squad for PvP, may they all rest in peace), or when I help lowbies out with Heroics. As for PvP, well... the PvP community seems semi-decent. Personally, I think there is way too much trash-talking and ego, but hey that's just me.

There also seems to be a lack of player run events for the community as a whole as well. Most events seem guild coordinated and don't really draw in a bunch of people from various guilds or even non-guilded players. I'd really like to see some more community run events that could be fun.

Well its nice to see people discussing here on the boards! I know when i log on I always try to start a conversation in general for the planet im on. yesterday i said " hello Hoth" and was sent a private message to "cram my head in my ***" lol.

Ive noticed alot more people playing since i started about 6 weeks ago. and it seems to be getting the community pumping!

lets keep it up!

• 2 weeks later...

Chat on planets is just fine. The reason its quiet so much is because most players are busy doing missions. I've noted people are not shy about asking for help, which is the way it should be.

While this is an MMORPG, people come here to play the game, not use it as a social chat program. If you want to meet people in game, there are forums for that, Beregen Colony has an unofficial forum site for just this very thing, see it here.

There is nothing wrong with the community here, its pretty a-typical as far as MMOs go. The forums can be hostile, but most people in game are helpful and friendly. Strinking up a conversation in chat yourself is like shooting fish in a barrel. Maybe you should start some conversations in-game, you may be suprised.

Chat is not dead, people don't need to reach beyond their circles if they are happy, and our server is quite healthy. Instead of suggesting that the rest of us need to change things, maybe it is you who needs to change how you do things in game in order to meet others. Just a suggestion.

While I agree with some points made here.... the whole basis of my new guild I made (I wont name it so I dont look like I am whoring it out) is to help with community events and such to try and get the RP juices flowing outside of set days, right now however we are pretty small so the impact isn't that big but just last night we RP'd a bit on Tython and Tython was very much alive.. just took a bit of poking and prodding.... so its there if you reach out for it... its also just as happy to not be there and go about its own business too