Patch 1.6 livestream Q&A notes & transcript

Iwipe

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damion: In an earlier draft of F2P, we had it so that F2Pers couldn’t use spacebar inside cutscenes and we almost had a riot inside this building. So we being listening to feedbacks the whole way.

Seriously? Why would that even occur as something that would be a good idea? What the HELL is wrong with these guys? No wonder the game went down the drain.

Oh and they did a 180 on capitol ships, even though more social interaction is exactly what the games missing. But dont worry! Theres a chance to get inventory sorting! Ugh.

Edited by Achromatis

So if very few actually like... 'buy' the Cathar... then we won't be seeing any other new races.

Great:X

Considering how much work goes into creating the story cutscenes, which would need to be redone for each race, I don't blame them.

But I'm pretty sure Cathar will be well received... so I doubt it will come to that.

Edited by Andryah

GW2 was a HUGE disappointment

LOL What? GW2 was one of the best, most complete, and most polished MMO launches I've seen since, well, WoW (not that WoW's launch was all that great but GW2's is still better than anything that followed).

Considering how much work goes into creating the story cutscenes, which would need to be redone for each race, I don't blame them.

Considering all races use the same 4 body skeletons I seriously doubt that to be the case so long as the new race also uses the same 4 skeletons.

Edited by Nozybidaj

#1 Did you read the interview? Both Jeff and Damion stated that metrics are up for SWTOR across the board since F2P. While the model may be bad for you, it clearly is not for BW/EA.

Do you even know what that means?

SWTOR before F2P had this ___ many players doing this thing

After F2P, this ___ many players were doing this thing

hey look, 1 more person is doing that thing, metrics are up!

1. There has NEVER been a subscription game that has gone FREEMIUM that did NOT receive an influx of players right after doing so.

2. There has NEVER been a subscription game that has gone FREEMIUM that did NOT lose the vast majoirty of those players within a 5 month period.

Freemium, and that IS what this is, FREEMIUM is just a life-extention of a product. Its still on life-support because it does not address the issues with the game that drove players away in the first place...a game NOT worth paying for. Actualy FREE 2 PLAY addresses that issue, FREEMIUM only cuts up an already bad game into smaller pieces and then asks people to pay which is the height of STUPIDITY.

I guess that is why companies like Nexon is making almost as much PROFIT as EA and most of it is coming from FREE GAMES, because they have a clue and know the market, they can make far more money on a piece of CRAP like Atlantica Online than EA can do with a game like SWTOR which is better in every way, yet does not target the market.

Deal with reality.