CC why dont all CC count towards resolve????????????????????

Thexremstar

some CC such as immobilization and slows do not count towards the resolve mechanic why is this so ???? Is'nt slowing u down or immobilizing you LOSS OF CONTROL of your character the stun lock system SWTOR has is getting a bit beyond a joke and CC needs to be addressed its out of control and annoying. PVP is broken enuff with Over powered classes abuseing the broken mechanics and makeing it boreing to the point of not wanting to pvp anymore! And it would seem that the groups that abuse the system would always be the Pre Made groups which IMO should only be aloud to que as ranked team But getting ppl to agree is like asking god to fix the world! to many pre made groups and broken CC mechanics = boreing pvp matches and will cause ppl that want to pvp leave the game this has been on going for a long time now and it doesnt seem that BW is going to fix it any ways. I dont know why I bother posting here all I get is other players bagging me out with a small % agreeing with me but I dont see 90% of the player base here so the groups of players that bag me are the ones runing the pre made teams and dont care as long as they get to rofl stomp players out of the game. In the end its guna be a very empty SWTOR galaxy if some thing doesnt get fixed. here bag me out now you rofl stomp nerds!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some CC such as immobilization and slows do not count towards the resolve mechanic why is this so ???? Is'nt slowing u down or immobilizing you LOSS OF CONTROL of your character the stun lock system SWTOR has is getting a bit beyond a joke and CC needs to be addressed its out of control and annoying. PVP is broken enuff with Over powered classes abuseing the broken mechanics and makeing it boreing to the point of not wanting to pvp anymore! And it would seem that the groups that abuse the system would always be the Pre Made groups which IMO should only be aloud to que as ranked team But getting ppl to agree is like asking god to fix the world! to many pre made groups and broken CC mechanics = boreing pvp matches and will cause ppl that want to pvp leave the game this has been on going for a long time now and it doesnt seem that BW is going to fix it any ways. I dont know why I bother posting here all I get is other players bagging me out with a small % agreeing with me but I dont see 90% of the player base here so the groups of players that bag me are the ones runing the pre made teams and dont care as long as they get to rofl stomp players out of the game. In the end its guna be a very empty SWTOR galaxy if some thing doesnt get fixed. here bag me out now you rofl stomp nerds!

U dont Lose control of you character when slowed or imobed. You can still use abilities you just have limited mobility. That isn't lose of control. Loss of control is when when you are stunned and you can not do any ability.

long time ago I stopped thinking bout resolve bar. when i get stunned i just stop doing anything, lite a cigarette and w8 while i respawn :)

while under the pressure of the pvp sometimes u are not aware that ur routed not stunned but it doesnt matter resolve still is a failure imo.

roots on resolve would be a horrible idea :(

roots are already very weak and most can randomly dodge/deflected and the ones that can't are cleansable except like sorc knockback

shadows/healing sages can spec into root breaks on sprint

sentinels have camo

vanguards can spec hold the line

Idk but by the time your resolve bar finally fills up it's usually too late for you...they need to increase the speed that the resolve bar fills because it's not working very well.

I disagree with using SWG as an example from the perspective of the NGE being terribly watered down. If you are referring to pre-NGE, "Dizzy-knockdown." Thats all I need to say.

There has to be a happy medium. Roots and snares are not included because that is part of the control range has right now to balance them against melee, and really outside of sniper, it isn't even enough at the moment. Scoundrels and Ops kind of get the short end of the stick ATM as they do not have a leap or pull to make up for it.

Edited by Technohic

Adding roots to resolve would require a massive nerf to melee DPS specs to balance it out.

I play 2 troopers, a Commando (yeah yeah, really funny) and a Vanguard. NEITHER have any roots...it's the leap to root that does me in 99% of the time. So please explain how this would require a nerf to melee?!??? I don't get this...

i feel roots should

slows no

*** is the point of having a full resolve bar if i can be rooted in place and eat lightsabers the whole time until my resolve bar fades

Unless something changed, you cannot be rooted when your resolve is full. At least thats what I thought.

I play 2 troopers, a Commando (yeah yeah, really funny) and a Vanguard. NEITHER have any roots...it's the leap to root that does me in 99% of the time. So please explain how this would require a nerf to melee?!??? I don't get this...

Make a Knight and you will understand. Blowing a gap closer only to find your target is out of range when you land is not fun.

Edit: I'm an idiot. The root on force leap argument is the opposite of what I meant to say. What I meant to say is: make a melee character and see what happens to your dps when you get rooted. Now imagine how powerful you would be if that root didn't lock you down when you were white-barred.

Ultimately, the way roots and slows presently work is far too entwined with what little class balance we currently have. Changing that system would break a lot more than it would fix.

Edited by LarryRow

Played against a pre-made yesterday in a WZ.

It was a Sniper, Assassin, Sorcerer, Juggernaut.

Sniper Leg Shots me, 2 seconds later Unstoppable Hybrid Rage Jugg jumps on me for a Smash you can't dodge, Assassin opens up from Stealth behind me afterwards...

I think I had enough time in control of my character to pop one of the Sorcerer's bubbles then I couldn't move again.

Our current options are:

Wait for full resolve to pop CC breaker but you're going to die before that happens without pocket heals or all your defensive CDs popped before the first stun.

OR

Pop CC breaker early, get two hits in before you're stunned again with no breaker and die.

Ultimately, the way roots and slows presently work is far too entwined with what little class balance we currently have. Changing that system would break a lot more than it would fix.

We'll need to agree to disagree Larry. CC's are so far out of **edit**ing control in this game that I am for ANY change that reduces their overwhelming impact.

We have 1 CC breaker on a 2min cooldown and every class has access to 4 or more CC's. The disparity between CC breakers and CC's is MASSIVE! I'd take my chances at breaking PvP "balance" in favor of reduced CC's...because the current system is an absolute failure imo. Of course I'm not certain, but I would bet that the sheer frustration of CC's in PvP has driven off more PvP players than any other game mechanic.

You don't understand it, I, a Sniper, will root the Sentinel so that he cannot jump at you and kill you. See? Now take the legshot away from me, and i will not be able to save your butt.

We'll need to agree to disagree Larry. CC's are so far out of **edit**ing control in this game that I am for ANY change that reduces their overwhelming impact.

We have 1 CC breaker on a 2min cooldown and every class has access to 4 or more CC's. The disparity between CC breakers and CC's is MASSIVE! I'd take my chances at breaking PvP "balance" in favor of reduced CC's...because the current system is an absolute failure imo. Of course I'm not certain, but I would bet that the sheer frustration of CC's in PvP has driven off more PvP players than any other game mechanic.

We do indeed disagree, but it's all based on theory. You know what would be cool? For Bioware to announce and then implement a week where you can't be rooted when you are white-barred. And/or maybe some of the other suggestions given by people when it comes to cc (shorter cc breaker cooldown is one of the few reasonable ones I can think of). They could alternatively put it on the pts server.

Then we could actually try it and provide feedback. Let's face it, this would not be hard to code, and a week of different pvp mechanics would not affect anything (oh noes! My preseason rated ranking!). But things like this won't happen in swtor because it's not a primary focus of theirs. :(

We do indeed disagree, but it's all based on theory. You know what would be cool? For Bioware to announce and then implement a week where you can't be rooted when you are white-barred. And/or maybe some of the other suggestions given by people when it comes to cc (shorter cc breaker cooldown is one of the few reasonable ones I can think of). They could alternatively put it on the pts server.

Then we could actually try it and provide feedback. Let's face it, this would not be hard to code, and a week of different pvp mechanics would not affect anything (oh noes! My preseason rated ranking!). But things like this won't happen in swtor because it's not a primary focus of theirs. :(

I would love that!!! If they just threw it on the test server for a week...nothing live, nothing permanent. Just test a few changes to Resolve until we get some form of an acceptable system. If they asked for volunteers, I'd gladly go. The CC's in this game are so damaging (imo) that I'd dedicate all of my play time to testing different solutions. I feel that strongly about this issue.

You don't understand it, I, a Sniper, will root the Sentinel so that he cannot jump at you and kill you. See? Now take the legshot away from me, and i will not be able to save your butt.

Your one root doesn't compare to the other 2-4 smashers who leap to me and destroy me while I can't do a damn thing. And good luck guessing which of the 4 are going to leap.