Subs down 25%

Sabilok

Hello everyone,

We're going to reopen this thread now. As we have had to remove a significant number of posts from this thread, we would like to remind everyone of the rules of conduct in the forums.

Please ensure your posts are on topic and constructive to discussion. This post goes into more detail about what we're looking for in feedback and how to make sure your feedback and posts are constructive and helpful. While we understand that not everyone is going to agree on a topic, we do expect everyone to be civil and respectful. Rude comments and insults are never allowed on the forums. If you cannot see eye to eye on the topic, agree to disagree and remain constructive and respectful, please. Additionally, ensure your posts are on topic. Off topic posts are also not allowed.

Most importantly, if someone says something rude, insulting or in any way violates the rules of conduct to you, flag the post. Do not reply to it. Replying in kind to posts which violate the rules of conduct is not constructive. Simply flag the post in question and then ignore it. The discussion can continue on without non-constructive disruption.

Thank you for your understanding and please enjoy your discussion!

Edited by Zilrota

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else been keeping tabs with TOR status?

Looking at the population trends shows a massive downturn for standard and heavy servers, with everything else going light. http://www.torstatus.net/shards/us/trends

And light servers are the servers where everyone is seeing 10 people online.

This shizz is sad, yo.

Ya, the forums have slowed down as well. It's crazy we're getting no response from BW about this. There is no damage control at all. *Crickets*

Ya, the forums have slowed down as well. It's crazy we're getting no response from BW about this. There is no damage control at all. *Crickets*

I remember when all times of day that things could not stay on the 1st page of General for more then 5 minutes, now everything is on the 1st for hours. The game is dying quickly and the forums are reflecting it.

Edited by Tuscad

Anyone else been keeping tabs with TOR status?

Looking at the population trends shows a massive downturn for standard and heavy servers, with everything else going light. http://www.torstatus.net/shards/us/trends

And light servers are the servers where everyone is seeing 10 people online.

This shizz is sad, yo.

Note how it drops around May 15th and the light % goes to 100.

It may be only temporary, and it may not impact subscriptions quite as heavily, but Diablo III has taken a toll on player activity.

When there are people who are NOT playing Diablo III who are in TOR unable to find groups or PVP because of all the people playing Diablo III.. THAT's going to lose subscriptions.

I think its pretty safe to say SWTOR is going to continue to bleed subscriptions. Mainly, in my opinion, because of a tired dead-end game design. The idea of having people start new characters once they reach max level is ridiculous. In sum, Bioware created a Star Wars themed grind with voice acting, nothing more.

Honestly, developers at Bioware should be reading the handwriting on the wall, and be looking for new places of employment. With subscriber drops like 25%, the game may survive with fewer subscribers, but the employees will not. Its simple mathematics.

Note how it drops around May 15th and the light % goes to 100.

It may be only temporary, and it may not impact subscriptions quite as heavily, but Diablo III has taken a toll on player activity.

When there are people who are NOT playing Diablo III who are in TOR unable to find groups or PVP because of all the people playing Diablo III.. THAT's going to lose subscriptions.

Indeed. It has impacted every game, not just TOR. And I'm willing to bet that Ranked Warzones, at least, will make it in before D3 has PvP.

I think its pretty safe to say SWTOR is going to continue to bleed subscriptions. Mainly, in my opinion, because of a tired dead-end game design. The idea of having people start new characters once they reach max level is ridiculous. In sum, Bioware created a Star Wars themed grind with voice acting, nothing more.

Honestly, developers at Bioware should be reading the handwriting on the wall, and be looking for new places of employment. With subscriber drops like 25%, the game may survive with fewer subscribers, but the employees will not. Its simple mathematics.

The only thing that matters in an mmo end game is gear progression, if you do that right you can keep more people playing longer, and its true for causals=flashpoints and the more hardcore=fps and raids.

I think this game has enough end game content for how long its been out if you just look at amount of raids and fps. The gear progression which can also translate into incentives have not been very well thought out.

Things like dual specs and lfg tools also factor in, most people do not mind "working" to progress but the majority of people do not consider sitting in fleet and spamming lfg to fill out your raid or get a flahpoint going to be acceptable "work", its more like a punishment.

Im not saying all those things will bring people back and yeah this game needs alot more fixes in different areas, but fix those (after server transfers) and they will start retaining subs.

Edited by Mallorik

The only thing that matters in an mmo end game is gear progression, if you do that right you can keep more people playing longer, and its true for causals=flashpoints and the more hardcore=fps and raids.

Don't forget that gear progression can also mean getting cool-looking gear rather than just gear with better stats. SWTOR getting wardrobes would help gearing immensely.

Don't forget that gear progression can also mean getting cool-looking gear rather than just gear with better stats. SWTOR getting wardrobes would help gearing immensely.

SWTOR already has wardrobes. You just have to work a bit for them, which actually adds to the carrot.

SWTOR already has wardrobes. You just have to work a bit for them, which actually adds to the carrot.

They are not proper wardrobes.

• You can't use green gear for their looks.
  • You can't move all set bonuses to moddable gear.
  • Some moddable gear has more stats than other same-armor, same-slot gear, even with exact same mods.

I'd like to have proper wardrobes or these fixed. I think proper wardrobes would be easier to do than making all green gear moddable.

They are not proper wardrobes.

• You can't use green gear for their looks. - Almost every green appearance has an orange version. All of them, actually, according to Emmanuel Lusinchi
  • You can't move all set bonuses to moddable gear. - Yet. The fix is coming.
  • Some moddable gear has more stats than other same-armor, same-slot gear, even with exact same mods. - Such as? I have several 50s and haven't run into this yet...

I'd like to have proper wardrobes or these fixed. I think proper wardrobes would be easier to do than making all green gear moddable.

Easier? Probably. That's probably why they refer to it as "lazy design". Personally, I prefer this mod system over a silly UI overlay any day.

Easier? Probably. That's probably why they refer to it as "lazy design". Personally, I prefer this mod system over a silly UI overlay any day.

Where did you hear that they were making all the set bonuses transferable? They did it fine on the test server, the only reason they did not implement it is becuse a few people screamed about equipment they had already modded.

I am truly praying and hoping that BW loses 50%-75% of its sub base so that they learn a lesson about customer service. I refuse to pay for a single player game (due to the low population on my server) with no end in sight. Had BW kept its sub base informed about important community issues maybe this would have never happened. I will not be resubing till answers are givien or merges and transfers take place.

I am truly praying and hoping that BW loses 50%-75% of its sub base so that they learn a lesson about customer service. I refuse to pay for a single player game (due to the low population on my server) with no end in sight. Had BW kept its sub base informed about important community issues maybe this would have never happened. I will not be resubing till answers are givien or merges and transfers take place.

Can I have your stuff?

- Almost every green appearance has an orange version. All of them, actually, according to Emmanuel Lusinchi

- Yet. The fix is coming.

- Such as? I have several 50s and haven't run into this yet...

Regarding there being orange versions of all green items, that doesn't actually get me anywhere.

Regarding a fix to allow set bonuses to be moveable from Columi gear to all other gear, are you sure that's coming? The way I understand it, the set bonus is only movable from the latest Tier gear because Bioware couldn't figure out how to change all the existing items already worn by players to allow that.

Regarding base stats being or not being the same on similar moddable items, the one instance I heard involved a Sorceror, single-bladed Battlemaster lightsaber and augmented crafter single-bladed lightsaber having less Force Power when the mods had been transferred compared to the lightsaber on the vendor. I don't have any of those so I can't unfortunately verify that.

The current "wardrobe" system doesn't work. I have a Nylite Vest in my inventory. What is the procedure that I have to follow to be able to use that exact model and colors to replace the looks of my Tier chest?

Regarding there being orange versions of all green items, that doesn't actually get me anywhere.

Oh, I see. UI overlay or bust, right?

Regarding a fix to allow set bonuses to be moveable from Columi gear to all other gear, are you sure that's coming? The way I understand it, the set bonus is only movable from the latest Tier gear because Bioware couldn't figure out how to change all the existing items already worn by players to allow that.

Columi? Probably not, but that's typical of new gear. You can have Columi appearance, though. As far as Columi mods, I don't see why you'd want to since there's better gear with better mods that are removable that's easily obtainable.

Regarding base stats being or not being the same on similar moddable items, the one instance I heard involved a Sorceror, single-bladed Battlemaster lightsaber and augmented crafter single-bladed lightsaber having less Force Power when the mods had been transferred compared to the lightsaber on the vendor. I don't have any of those so I can't unfortunately verify that.

Probably a bug if it happens. The design is supposed to be no difference.

The current "wardrobe" system doesn't work. I have a Nylite Vest in my inventory. What is the procedure that I have to follow to be able to use that exact model and colors to replace the looks of my Tier chest?

You get the orange version. As easy as a UI overlay? Of course not, nor should it be. That's been the inherent flaw of the UI overlay since it's conception by AdeptStrain - it requires little to no effort.

You get the orange version. As easy as a UI overlay? Of course not, nor should it be. That's been the inherent flaw of the UI overlay since it's conception by AdeptStrain - it requires little to no effort.

What the hell, why not easy? Customizing my look for no in-game benefit should be as effortless as possible. Why should it be an arduous task to change one of my character's items to look like a green item that can be bought from the GTN for 2000 credits?

What the hell, why not easy? Customizing my look for no in-game benefit should be as effortless as possible. Why should it be an arduous task to change one of my character's items to look like a green item that can be bought from the GTN for 2000 credits?

Sorry if it seems arduous to you. I have several outfits (definition of "wardrobe", btw) on both of my 50s, as well as my 40s and 30s, and it certainly didn't take an "arduous" amount of effort to do so. And was a lot more fun, and means a lot more to me, than any outdated UI overlay ever did.

And I come from playing SWG, EQ2, LotRO, and Rift, to name a few with the UI overlay function.

Edited by JeramieCrowe

Sorry if it seems arduous to you. I have several outfits (definition of "wardrobe", btw) on both of my 50s, as well as my 40s and 30s, and it certainly didn't take an "arduous" amount of effort to do so. And was a lot more fun, and means a lot more to me, than any outdated UI overlay ever did.

And I come from playing SWG, EQ2, LotRO, and Rift, to name a few with the UI overlay function.

I'm happy that you have been able to find orange gear with the looks you like. I too have gotten lots of gear that I liked the looks of, but most of it was green or blue quality. I've also ran Black Talon quite a few times to get the Bounty Hunter white-blue chest piece for my Juggernaut.

Once I have gotten a piece of gear I'd like to use for its looks, that should be the end of it.

I'm happy that you have been able to find orange gear with the looks you like. I too have gotten lots of gear that I liked the looks of, but most of it was green or blue quality. I've also ran Black Talon quite a few times to get the Bounty Hunter white-blue chest piece for my Juggernaut.

Once I have gotten a piece of gear I'd like to use for its looks, that should be the end of it.

Well, it's heading that direction, actually. Soon, crafters will have found every schem, and every schem will be made available. Personally, I'm glad we got what we have. Most other MMOs had NO customizability for several months after launch.

. Most other MMOs had NO customizability for several months after launch.

Why the contitnual comparison to what other MMOs may or may not have had at at launch or soon after.

TERA will have LFG, EQ had Day/Night cycles...so what

EA/BW made their design and development decisions with the budget available, they probably could have had LFG or other features at launch but decided, maybe, to invest more in voice acting.

It's largely irrelevant now becauase we are where we are , and the subs, current population and other news speaks for itself.

It would seem that a number of their choices have not worked out as intended, but then hindsight is a wonderful thing.