Bored with SWTOR? No Endgame? Dead Server? I've got the solution!

Lionflash

Play the Imperial Agent storyline...

Man! What a thrill-ride. I'm at Chapter 2 "The Mind Trap" (lvl 37) and...WOW. Please, no spoilers, because I just can't wait to go home and continue the story. If you haven't played the Imperial Agent, I suggest you start now.

A little advice though...

Don't play a dry, empire loving *****...

I've been playing my character as a good hearted hero on the wrong side, who dislikes force users... mostly the Sith. I'm not going to give anything away, but if you would like to play a character and be a part of a story that isn't so unfortunately cliché... I'd say check it out.

One thing that the IA has over the other storylines are...moments. I remember so many moments from the IA story... but I can barely remember any from the JK story, and I thought the JK was pretty good.

If you have already played the IA story... play it again, I usually don't like to play a game twice so soo after beating it, but I'm already thinking about it...

TL;DR I would pay 15$/month just to play the IA story, and if they kept adding to IA storyline.

Edited by Trineda
removed offensive term

The story really is the best part of the game. My main is a Trooper, and while it's mostly your standard oorah-lock-and-load military story, there are a few incredibly gut-wrenching moments that the game will put you through. Without giving too much away, the mission "The Spy" (low-level, down on Ord Mantell) made me tear up, and that's saying quite a bit.

Bored at endgame? Roll an alt and enjoy the story, like the OP says!

but if you would like to play a character and be a part of a story that isn't so unfortunately cliché... I'd say check it out.

lol... seriously? it IS cliche. IA was my first 50. I didn't like the story at all. I was surprised that a lot of people praised it too. The story goes off in a hundred different directions and is never consistent. I'm not saying it's terrible, but it's definitely not the best story either.

Hi Lionflash:

It is awesome that what you describe is so much fun for you.

I think you are part of a very small minority, however, which is not good news for the future of the game.

No, I think a lot of people like the story of this game but boring gameplay is boring. And whack mole traditional mmo combat for 80 to 90 hours is boring combat for 80 to 90 hours no matter how you look at it or dress it up,

Man! What a thrill-ride. I'm at Chapter 2 "The Mind Trap" (lvl 37) and...WOW. Please, no spoilers, because I just can't wait to go home and continue the story. If you haven't played the Imperial Agent, I suggest you start now.

Don't play a dry, empire loving douche...

I've been playing my character as a good hearted hero on the wrong side, who dislikes force users... mostly the Sith. I'm not going to give anything away, but if you would like to play a character and be a part of a story that isn't so unfortunately cliché... I'd say check it out.

One thing that the IA has over the other storylines are...moments. I remember so many moments from the IA story... but I can barely remember any from the JK story, and I thought the JK was pretty good.

If you have already played the IA story... play it again, I usually don't like to play a game twice so soo after beating it, but I'm already thinking about it...

TL;DR I would pay 15$/month just to play the IA story, and if they kept adding to IA storyline.

yeah wait till you get to the bit where your in an abandoned mining colony where the droids have been programmed to go haywire and kill everyone zomg all your missing is a blind force user tellin you what to do and a locked up smuggler whos a good pilot.................... original storyline is original cha riiigggghhhhhhttttttttttt:(

Edited by Trineda
spoiler tags

lol... seriously? it IS cliche. IA was my first 50. I didn't like the story at all. I was surprised that a lot of people praised it too. The story goes off in a hundred different directions and is never consistent. I'm not saying it's terrible, but it's definitely not the best story either.

I'm not sure something can be cliché and all over the place. Seems like it's either predictable or not. As far as chapter 2 is concerned and the SIS (that's all I'll say without going into spoilers, but you should know what I mean), I didn't expect what happend to be in a game like this.

But things like good and interesting stories are subjective, to each his own.

No, I think a lot of people like the story of this game but boring gameplay is boring. And whack mole traditional mmo combat for 80 to 90 hours is boring combat for 80 to 90 hours no matter how you look at it or dress it up,

I should also add that I am playing a Operative Field Medic, which I know plays radically different than the Sniper.

I find the cover mechanic very new and fun. Makes me feel a bit sad about playing the BH next knowing I can't go behind cover.

I don't know about you, or how you play, but it doesn't take anywhere close to 80 hours to get to level 50... I'm 37 with this character and It's been almost 20 hours, and I take things slow.

I've finished 4 stories, in act 3 of 2 stories and at act I of 2 stories.

My favorites/best stories imho in order are:

Imperial Agent (finished) (not for the agent but for the player, VERY emotional roller coaster. There were times I wanted to punch my screen)

Sith Warrior (finished) (there were parts were I, as an LS SW, took DS hits happily with NO regrets at what all happened.)

Bounty Hunter (finished) (there were hilarious as HELL moments all throughout the story. oh man, i was constantly laughing myself sick)

Sith Inquisitor (in Act III now) it's not emotional, but more *** in a lot of parts. Some parts are boring and some exciting. I'm enjoying it.

Jedi Knight (In Act III now) Man, this begins so damn boring. Makes you want to watch paint dry at first. But as it progresses, if you have a heart, there are parts that make you feel so BAD for what your JK is going through. And there are a few twists I didn't see coming.

Smuggler (finished) This was pretty much cliched. But enjoyable. The smuggler has some hilarious dialogue and actions. There were times I esc'd out just to hear ALL her dialogue options.

Trooper (in act II now) Right now, it's kind of boring. Cliched military thing. Just waiting to be able to romance and marry Aric.

Jedi Consular (in act I now) This story is so boring when you first do it. I think I've had dental visits less boring. But it's definitely getting better and better. I got to have relations with Tharan. (Damn you, Holiday!)

It's called youtube, search swtor imperial agent class story cutscenes, boom just saved yourself 90 hours of boring combat.

Wow, your skill in being a wet blanket has increased.

MMORPGers can never be happy - either there's no point to leveling, no story while leveling, leveling is too fast, or apparently now - combat is too boring.

Thoughts? No spoilers please...

I'm doing BH next as it was next in line for most recomended. You could try to do that...

I greatly enjoyed the IA storyline and its companions.

My fave story so far, though I haven't seen all of them. I started a BH but it seemed kinda bleh. I'm also waiting for the add of same gender romances since all my toons are ladies who are into ladies....so I'm a bit reluctant to start another story arc and miss stuff.

I'm actually PvPin on my agent so I got stuff to do...I was being a bit facetious.

Don't play a dry, empire loving *****...

I guarantee you will be just as bored at the end, to the same extent you were bored to try a new character.

Single payer game

I guarantee you will be just as bored at the end, to the same extent you were bored to try a new character.

Single payer game

I don't have a level 50 character yet. The highest level character I have is a 42 JK.

I loved agent too. And am enjoying it a second time around (like the poster recommends). It's a class that I'm picking up a lot of nuances during the second time around that I didn't get the first time. I thought it was remarkably good, esp. considering that it is an MMO. (And I accept that there are going to be challenges to writing for an MMO that aren't there in single player. Like, you have to go to all these worlds in order because...that's the MMO progression. And the world can't change dramatically based on your choices as you're sharing that world with a bunch of other people.)

With that said, I'm really loving a lot of the other stories, too. I find it fascinating how they all tie into each other.

(Like when someone in the agent storyline complains about General Garza? Or Doc and Kaliyo's relationship?

Or Vette discussing a Shadow Cabal member? This is all pretty awesomely cool to me.) Plus, I love Czerka in general. I know I'm weird. But I would totally pay to play a Czerka accountant or something. And I still crack up every time I hear that workplace safety holo...

Some people are going to like it, of course, some not. It's really a game for people who like replaying Bioware games and enjoy MMOs. I do both, so of course I'm finding it to be great fun. Combat is repetitive. But no different than Aion or WoW or...an awful lot of MMOs. (And I do enjoy PVP, despite that you could not have paid me to do it in WoW. Go figure.)

IA is certainly the best story and I have played all the Republic classes most of the empire to around Level 25. The twists and turns are what makes it great. I often wonder what would have happened had I not aligned with Darth Jadus. I'm very tempted to roll a sniper even though I don't care too much for the playstyle and choose all the light choices. Kaliyo would hate me but I don't like her too much anyway.

what gets me is all the ftetch pointless missions. why didnt the jedi in the movies have those kinda quest... cause they are boring and even more boring to play.... im so glad swg doesnt have quest i can play how i want there