ammo drones

Zoom_VI

So my number one pet peeve right now is all these bombers putting out useless garbage repair drones that don't give ammo.

Like really, drones that only heal are useless. Why? Because the only time I want heals is if I'm dying and if I'm dying I don't have time to go sit next to a drone, and if I'm not in the process of dying then I'm not going to waste time healing.

Repairs shields???? My shields repair themselves thank you.

Now ammo is something I'll stop for, because ammo is something I need. But if your not dropping ammo drone then stop wasting my time with these useless drones. Like seriously I get all excited when I see a repair drone, but them I'm like fck you bomber when I realize its not giving ammo.

Moar ammo drones plz.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, last night I was (Star) Guarding B in Mesa, full health/shields, And the repair drone kept attaching to me. It wasn't until now, reading your post that I realize it was ammo resupply. Lol. So some bombers are using it. I just wish I would have known at the time, so I could thank them.

So my number one pet peeve right now is all these bombers putting out useless garbage repair drones that don't give ammo.

Like really, drones that only heal are useless. Why? Because the only time I want heals is if I'm dying and if I'm dying I don't have time to go sit next to a drone, and if I'm not in the process of dying then I'm not going to waste time healing.

Now ammo is something I'll stop for, because ammo is something I need. But if your not dropping ammo drone then stop wasting my time with these useless drones. Like seriously I get all excited when I see a repair drone, but them I'm like fck you bomber when I realize its not giving ammo.

Moar ammo drones plz.

When I fly my bomber I have given up telling team members where I will drop repair drones wich REFILL ammo as they never seem to be botherd about it. ( Chipmonk on the red eclipse btw ) so I guess you could say it works both ways.

The only times I find myself running out of ammo is during lopsided matches where I am simply hunter-killing the entire time, and even then it takes some time to run out.

I spam rocket pods, or so I had thought, when I fly my scout, and if I am allowed to run out, it means I have already killed enough enemies to let me know, I really don't need more ammo, the poor guys can't keep up as it is.

Healing drone that heals shields however, well if there is a swarm somewhere and the battle is going 50/50, the team that gets shield boosts to all theirs is clearly taking the advantage.

That is why I use the heals drone.

If someone can't manage their rocket pods properly, or if we are winning so hard we are able to run out of concussion missiles, I don't really care if someone runs out of ammo, I'd rather keep the emergency heals in my pocket.

Moar ammo drones plz.

I feel you. Really. I don't often run out of ammo on my StarGuard, but when I do I feel the lack of power. In addition, I'm using a build where I have shields that refill very fast, and easily. I really don't have a need for a shield repairing drone, but yet anyone I've been grouped with use the shield repair option or don't seem to have it yet.

The only times I find myself running out of ammo is during lopsided matches where I am simply hunter-killing the entire time, and even then it takes some time to run out.

This pretty much for me as well.

I would like it though if repair drones had a distinct icon on the minimap though. They've kept me in the fight plenty of times but sometimes they're the devil to find (at least I haven't seen repair drones getting special icons on the minimap).

I still think though that they should add a repair/ammo drone to the capital ships, especially now with TDM since the time spent idling while you get repaired/resupplied is probably preferable for the team than getting blown out of the sky or having less combat capabilities (either way you basically are "respawning" except idling to get repaired/resupplied doesn't cost your team a point whereas dying does).

I still think though that they should add a repair/ammo drone to the capital ships, especially now with TDM since the time spent idling while you get repaired/resupplied is probably preferable for the team than getting blown out of the sky or having less combat capabilities (either way you basically are "respawning" except idling to get repaired/resupplied doesn't cost your team a point whereas dying does).

Eh, doubt they'll add that. You can generally expect to find a repair drone at a sat in a domination game. While I know it is time consuming, you just need to look for a weapon powerup to refill your ammo.

Eh, doubt they'll add that. You can generally expect to find a repair drone at a sat in a domination game. While I know it is time consuming, you just need to look for a weapon powerup to refill your ammo.

That's not the same kind of "ammo refill". The Power-up refills blasters and improves their regen. A drone refills the stock of missiles.

Edited by Altheran

Honestly, the tier 3 choices for repair drones are pretty lopsided. If people are picking the shield regen, they're gonna lose that dogfight (that they must be in to need that ability) anyway. Now in a tight grouping of 3 friends vs multiple enemies? It *might* make a difference. Rearm is useful a lot more often.

Repair drones are wasted if put out in the middle of a dogfight, as they die pretty fast. They are most useful to repair/rearm while the other team is respawning. :)

When I'm in a big dogfight as fleet support, the shield repair is obviously superior. The problem is that a repair drone doesn't last 10 seconds under such conditions, as the green numbers are too important to ignore. A drone a BIT out of the way, or in LOS, can benefit this- again, the shield repair is definitely better for node defense.

The thing is, there's so many ways to get your ammo back. In TDM you can find a yellow. In domination, the ammo refills are at every asteroid!

That being said, I'm likely switching it to ammo soon, specifically for cluster missile scouts and rocket pod scouts, and I will try calling out the location when I drop it and see who buzzes by. I bet the good pilots will be very happy.

The thing is, there's so many ways to get your ammo back. In TDM you can find a yellow. In domination, the ammo refills are at every asteroid!

That's like saying gas stations are a waste of time when you can just ram your nearly empty car into a wall to get a full tank... :rolleyes:

Edited by Zharik

That's like saying gas stations are a waste of time when you can just ram your nearly empty car into a wall to get a full tank... :rolleyes:

If doing that spawned me nearer my destination in the same car but newer and with all flaws removed, I would absolutely do that too.

If doing that spawned me nearer my destination in the same car but newer and with all flaws removed, I would absolutely do that too.

It only spawns you closer if you know a guy with an expensive SUV that's generous enough to share his respawn. Except he's a gangsta and it ain't easy, so sometimes he dead and you have to spawn back home.

I wouldn't want to spawn back home halfway through the 700 mile drive to my grandparents'.

Edited by Armonddd

Moar ammo drones plz.

Feel free to roll a bomber then.

Feel free to roll a bomber then.

Yes, but bombers don't use ammo (except the bad ones with loltorps) so if I rolled a bomber, I would have no need for that ammo refill drone. And if I have no need for that ammo refill drone, then I want to go back to my scout, but then I would need ammo, which would make me want to have a ammo drone....

I 100% believe concussions are superior to seeker mines. Torps are a bit less useful, but still let you run fleet support.

Remember, there's two bombers- the one with the mines doesn't get the repair drone at all. The dronelayer DOES get it, and it really benefits a lot from concussions, because its right click options are concussion, proton, seeker. The minelayer has proton, seismic, seeker (and almost everyone picks seismic).

More importantly, who cares if the BOMBER doesn't experience a gain? It's about helping your team. Bombers are support anyway.

Moar ammo drones plz.

I dont fly my bomber much but got it mastered, to be honest not noticed there was a need for ammo option but ill swap mine see how it helps my server out.

Glad u did this post identified a need that most didnt know.