Mixing and Matching PVP gear

ztryder

This really only pertains to Champion Gear as BM combat medic has alacrity all over it.

Anyone else out there considering going 3 Eliminator Peices, 2 Combat Medic peices as Arsenal? There are 2 combat medic pieces with Crit and Surge on them where the Eliminator set lacks those. Coupled with the 2pc bonus from the medic set (extra 3sec on shield) it becomes even more attractive to go that route.

I am already using the Combat Medic bracers and main-hand for the crit. Figure that mixing the sets will provide me with optimal stats. Although that 4pc Champ bonus is quite nice..

This really only pertains to Champion Gear as BM combat medic has alacrity all over it.

Anyone else out there considering going 3 Eliminator Peices, 2 Combat Medic peices as Arsenal? There are 2 combat medic pieces with Crit and Surge on them where the Eliminator set lacks those. Coupled with the 2pc bonus from the medic set (extra 3sec on shield) it becomes even more attractive to go that route.

I am already using the Combat Medic bracers and main-hand for the crit. Figure that mixing the sets will provide me with optimal stats. Although that 4pc Champ bonus is quite nice..

2 pc rakata bonus is better than pvp 4 piece bonus, i run the two 2 piece bonus so in the end as long as it has the stats i want (and expertice) i do not care beyond 2 pieces which pvp set i use.

As my primary concern is PVP I think the optimal PVP setup will end up being BM gear with a heavy dose of Rakata mods with the idea of trying to approach soft caps on surge and crit while maximizing power. One day I will sit down and crunch the numbers but for now yeah a mix of PVP and PVE gear seems more effective then straight PVP or straight PVE.