Eric Musco confirms Naboo as next planet at Cantina Crawl

Archnoph

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd prefer a cinematic of a prototype deathstar turning Naboo into space dust.

"It's like a million jar jars cried out, and were suddenly silenced...."

::Malgus and your toon high-five::

My toon would definitely high-five Malgus. In the face. With a lightsaber.

:t_evil:

Maybe a Gungan missing an eyestalk, give him dirty torn clothes and a vibro-staff. Serious demeanor would be important. This character must not be designed to appeal to children. No high pitched voice. It has to be as low as Kevin Conroy's Batman.

Skip the "like Kevin Conroy" and just get Kevin to do it. That would actually be something worth playing. Looks like Jar Jar, sounds like the Batman. Could be a win.

We start here and we can redeem the Gungan race. I mean, if a civilization of Aliens came down and assumed we all acted like Justin Beiber and Kim Kardashian, wouldn't you like to make them give humanity a second first impression?

But don't we do that anyway? Look at the Chiss, everyone thought they were all like Thrawn and well, he's just an anomaly. I no longer assume that one representative of a species is indicitive of that species. One reason I like a species selection that doesn't mean that you get any stat bonuses. Species selection is purely cosmetic.

I hope they do this planet right. Open world type planet. Instanced underwater Gungan cities would be a nice bonus. I'm not sure I've seen any game make an attempt at rendering those and they seem like they would be rather forgiving given that they would be enclosed etc.

Probably the worst place to post this, but I would be more interested in seeing the Jedi attempting to commit genocide or remove the native inhabitants from a planet while the Sith attempt to protect them out of some selfish interest. Always fun to reverse the table. Like I said, worst place to post this.

I wonder if there are people who skim through the forums, see this topic, but don't actually read it, and just assume it's true. :D

Wait, are you trying to tell me this isn't true? I am shocked, you do realize you can't put anything on the internet that isn't true?

I suspect NO new NABOO planet... BUT based on feedback... coming soon to a Cartel Market near you:

JAR JAR punching bag (Each hit drops 10 creds - max 5k) - 540 cc

JAR JAR holostatue (When activated says "me so stupid..." or something and sells Consumables) - 1500 cc

JAR JAR Speeder mount (Randomly throws you off with a 20% chance very 60 seconds) - 540 cc

JAR JAR Candy (enuff said - Increased out of combat Regen - 10 Packs) - 540 cc or 60 cc each

Edited by dscount

Here is the list of our events for the rest of the year:

• San Diego - July 18th
  • Chicago - August 9th
  • Germany - August 23rd
  • Seattle - August 31st
  • New York - October (exact date TBD)
  • Austin - November (exact date TBD)

As some other folks have alluded to, BioWare doesn't really have a "head office." Edmonton is our sister studio, all of our SWTOR development is here out of Austin. That being said I would love to do an event in Canada in the future but it is not on the schedule for this year. I would check our Facebook page for exact details on the events we have announced, we should be posting more information on Germany and Seattle soon.

-eric

PS - Naboo for life :rak_03:

Is she dating anyone? <Binaca squirt>

Here is the list of our events for the rest of the year:

• San Diego - July 18th
  • Chicago - August 9th
  • Germany - August 23rd
  • Seattle - August 31st
  • New York - October (exact date TBD)
  • Austin - November (exact date TBD)

As some other folks have alluded to, BioWare doesn't really have a "head office." Edmonton is our sister studio, all of our SWTOR development is here out of Austin. That being said I would love to do an event in Canada in the future but it is not on the schedule for this year. I would check our Facebook page for exact details on the events we have announced, we should be posting more information on Germany and Seattle soon.

-eric

PS - Naboo for life :rak_03:

y u no love canadians :jawa_frown:

Edited by Radzkie

Holy crap! I saw this post in the dev tracker and I had to check it twice to just be certain it was a joke! Naboo would be a horrid idea for a new planet! Gungans must die! Or just be forgotten!

Come on kashyyyk, dantooine, dathomir, ziost, or ossus!!!

Just kidding, but he said just for giggles, he'd love to see it put in game solely on the fact of witnessing all of the Gungan hate.

Make it happen Eric, you trouble maker.

I almost unsubbed based on the post title ;).

Just kidding but Naboo... seriously? That would be such a boring planet. TOR needs to create a new environment. How would Naboo be significantly different from Alderaan?

Edited by Nydus