How to build a perfect Carnage Marauder on a Fresh 50

Megatfx

This guide does not tell you how to play properly, if the feedback is good for this guide I'll put together my DPS rotation and general PvP guide.

Also note you can do Step 1-4 WHILE doing Warzones so it doesn't impair your progress. Always make sure you are grinding out comms while you are doing all of the below for the fastest gearing up process.

If I were to start over again and rebuild my Marauder this is exactly the order and process I would go.

Step 0:

Get all the Strength, Endurance and if you're a freak like me Willpower Datacrons. Willpower datacrons boost your force attacks like dots and force scream. Then level up all your companions affection to 10k (The non droid ones). When you do this you will gain 1% accuracy, 1% surge, 1% crit, % of HP increase, and increased healing on yourself.

Step 1: (UPDATED)

Level up Cybertech for the free GRENADE, also pickup slicing. Since you have 10k affection on all your toons once you have your grenade, run slicing missions while you do warzones and sell the mission discoveries. You'll make enough money to supplement buying Exotech Might Stims, Warzone Medpacs, and Warzone Adrenals. All a must in my opinion for doing well in RWZ's and extremely well in Regular WZ's.

Step 2:

Get the recruit gear.

Step 3: (Updated)

Then when you are ready to replace all the recruit gear, replace it with the WAR HERO VINDICATOR armor and Lightsabers. With the Armor you'll have to rip out the armoring/mods/enhancements and put them in a medium armor equivalent slot. Buy the POWER relics.

Step 4: (Updated)

Buy 18 Power + 12 Endurance Augments and put them in every slot you have. (Advanced Overkill Augments)

Step 5: (Updated)

DO NOT BUY THE WAR HERO BRACERS/WAISTCORD, SEE STEP 6 FOR THIS

Buy the War Hero Vindicator Armor and the War Hero Pummeler's MK-1 Device, and 2x War Hero Pummeler's MK-1 Package as well as 2 War Hero Power Relics. The War Hero Vindicator Armor will give you the 10% damage on Force Charge which is SIGNIFICANTLY more useful for DPS than the Weaponmaster set. You'll find that you aren't using Undying Rage on CD, but that you are in fact using Force Charge on CD.

Step 6: (Updated)

Buy the War Hero Weaponmaster's Waistcord/Bracers. This step has completely changed as a cheaper more efficient way of getting fully geared/max damage has come about. I'll tell you when to upgrade these to EWH.

Step 7: (New)

Buy two Advanced Might Hilt 27's. By paying for these you save over 6000 RWZ commendations and still get the same amount of damage as the Elite War Hero Vindicator ones and extra stats from the PvE. You can now upgrade those War Hero bracers/waistcord into Elite War Hero bracers/waistcord then optimize the MOD. Also, use Power Crystals in your weapon.

Step 8: (Updated - Character Builder updated as well)

Time to MIN/MAX. This is what you're completed gear should look like:

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/5cd48d26-1023-401d-a166-527b62574fe8

The difference between a fully Min/Maxed War Hero Marauder and a Regular fully War Hero geared Marauder is like going from Recruit gear to Elite War Hero. It's a massive difference.

The first thing you want to replace is all your mods so get:

War Hero Vindicator's Handgear (Gloves): (875 regular Warzone Commendations)

51 strength (++)

32 endurance (+)

39 power (++)

30 exp

You will get the best Warrior Mod and the SECOND best Enhancement. Replace all your mods and 5 enhancements with what is inside the Vindicator Gloves. You get your accuracy from your earpiece plus 2 points in Narrowed Hatred.

Once you do that, now it's time to replace the enhancements in all your gear with:

War Hero Force-Mystic's Gloves (875 Regular Warzone Commendations)

27 Endurance (+)

30 Expertise

41 Power (++)

53 Surge (++)

Step 9: (New) - Min/Max EWH

I say min/max your War Hero before you start min/maxing your EWH, I say this because you'll notice the gains much faster and can jump right into smashing or force screaming players for ridiculous amounts of damage sooner.

This step just tells you the cheapest Elite War Hero pieces to buy that will get you the best enhancements and mods.

Elite War Hero Weaponmaster's Waistcord (1425 Ranked Warzone Commendations)

(63) War Hero's Deft Mod 27

+52 Strength

+34 Endurance

+30 Expertise Rating

+40 Power

Upgrade all your mods first as it is a bigger boost than the enhancements plus they are cheaper to do.

Next:

Elite War Hero Weaponmaster's Boots (2000 Ranked Warzone Commendations)

(63) War Hero's Adept Enhancement 27

+28 Endurance

+30 Expertise Rating

+42 Power

+54 Surge Rating

This is the cheapest option to go about upgrading your Enhancements.

END RESULT - With Exotech Stim

Melee Tab

Damage (Pri) 1032.7 - 1201.7

Damage (Sec) 221.8 - 333.3

Bonus Damage 696.7

Accuracy 97.90%

Critical Chance 21.60%

Critical Multiplier 79.48%

Force Tab

Bonus Damage 1052.6

Accuracy 107.90%

Critical Chance 22.77%

Critical Multiplier 79.48%

PvP Tab

Expertise 1214.0

PvP Dmg Boost 22.92%

PvP Dmg Reduction 18.64%

PvP Heal Boost12.67%

Use this guide for whatever step you are on, but if you're starting fresh, do it like this for maximum enjoyment. The gear build is different, but it's optimized now to be efficient for either RAGE or CARNAGE which is why I'm geared this way now. Full power is the way to go as with having Autocrit abilities.

Edited by Megatfx

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Step 10: (Updated with the proper step number)

When they inevitably nerf Marauders, level up a Juggernaut, Transfer all gear to him via Legacy gear, replace your Earpiece, Relics, and Implants since they won't transfer and you will have a sub valor 60 Battlemaster Juggernaut who is fully optimized for PvP and enjoy 7k smash crits 2-3 days after hitting level 50.

Edited by Megatfx

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

Just in time too, as I am a lvl49 Marauder. I look forward to your guide so please do that. :)

I was a little confused about Step 3...

Step 3:

Then when you replace all the recruit gear, replace it with the BATTLEMASTER VINDICATOR armor and Lightsabers. With the Armor you'll have to rip out the mods and put them in a medium armor equivalent slot. Buy the POWER relics

Why exactly do you have to rip out the mods and put them in custom(?) armor? Is it just to customize your look or is there a stat reason? I was also under the impression that the set bonus of BM gear is on the shells instead of the armor mod, UNLIKE WH and Campaign gear, where the opposite is true. Do I have that wrong?

What sucks is I really like the look of my toon with the custom gear I have now. I'm not looking forward to having to equip the recruit gear. It's going to be a long wait before I can use my custom gear if I want the Force Charge set bonus. If true about the BM bonus only on the shell, I'm not sure why BW would do this when they seem to have put an emphasis on being able to equip any custom gear you want for PvP. Just confused.

Edited by Voxx_Voltaare

Why exactly do you have to rip out the mods and put them in custom(?) armor? Is it just to customize your look or is there a stat reason? I was also under the impression that the set bonus of BM gear is on the shells instead of the armor mod, UNLIKE WH and Campaign gear, where the opposite is true. Do I have that wrong?

What sucks is I really like the look of my toon with the custom gear I have now. I'm not looking forward to having to equip the recruit gear. It's going to be a long wait before I can use my custom gear if I want the Force Charge set bonus. If true about the BM bonus only on the shell, I'm not sure why BW would do this when they seem to have put an emphasis on being able to equip any custom gear you want for PvP. Just confused.

The Vindicator Armor is HEAVY. It is meant for Juggernauts. So when you purchase the Vindicator armor you have to take everything out, then put them in medium armor gear.

Edited by Megatfx

Hi there!

Thanks a lot for your advice, this thread, and the other one (carnage 100x better) are truly amazing, so, thanks for the time you put in help the community.

In the other hand, I bought the Battlemaster Vindicator Gear, but I rip out the mods and put them in the "Sith Dueling Outfit" and nothing happend, and I mean, I don't get any single stat, howd does it work? It only work with "orange gear"? Or could work, for example, with any hand-made gear?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Kind Regards.

P. S. - Hope you can teach us your rotation and the PvP guid you talk early.

P. D. - Nevermind I found the answer in a previous post, but still, I really wan to know your rotation and PvP advice as well :)

Edited by Ushuma-Orbi

Hi there!

Thanks a lot for your advice, this thread, and the other one (carnage 100x better) are truly amazing, so, thanks for the time you put in help the community.

In the other hand, I bought the Battlemaster Vindicator Gear, but I rip out the mods and put them in the "Sith Dueling Outfit" and nothing happend, and I mean, I don't get any single stat, howd does it work? It only work with "orange gear"? Or could work, for example, with any hand-made gear?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Kind Regards.

P. S. - Hope you can teach us your rotation and the PvP guid you talk early.

P. D. - Nevermind I found the answer in a previous post, but still, I really wan to know your rotation and PvP advice as well :)

Putting them in either gear setup should work just, just note that you will NOT get the set bonus from Vindicator until you upgrade to War Hero. The set bonus in Vindicator Armor is tied to the actual ARMOR when it's BATTLEMASTER (Which you won't benefit from because we can't wear heavy armor), but the Set Bonus of War Hero Vindicator Armor is tied to the Armoring.

Essentially you have to play without a set bonus until you upgrade to War Hero.

Putting them in either gear setup should work just, just note that you will NOT get the set bonus from Vindicator until you upgrade to War Hero. The set bonus in Vindicator Armor is tied to the actual ARMOR when it's BATTLEMASTER (Which you won't benefit from because we can't wear heavy armor), but the Set Bonus of War Hero Vindicator Armor is tied to the Armoring.

Essentially you have to play without a set bonus until you upgrade to War Hero.

He could just not customize his look and use the BM pieces till he starts getting the vidicators armorings for his gear.

He could just not customize his look and use the BM pieces till he starts getting the vidicators armorings for his gear.

He has to customize his look because you can't wear the Battlemaster Vindicator's Armor because it's HEAVY armor. You have rip everything out and put it in some kind of customizable gear. It doesn't have to be pretty, go with the cheapest option.

Ping!

First I'd get full Battlemaster in every slot (Minus Implants, Relics, Earing)

Get War Hero Weapons after you've achieved Battlemaster in the above slots. (Get VINDICATOR everything)

Then upgrade to War Hero Boots, Legs, Helm, Gloves.

Then upgrade to War Hero relics, implants, earing.

Then upgrade to War Hero chest.

Then begin min/maxing.

Edited by Megatfx

He has to customize his look because you can't wear the Battlemaster Vindicator's Armor because it's HEAVY armor. You have rip everything out and put it in some kind of customizable gear. It doesn't have to be pretty, go with the cheapest option.

Sigh he's going to need to buy the BM marauder armor though. BM armorings don't trasfer over the set bonuses either so he can just sit in the BM marauder armor and at least have something useful with decent gear while they grind out their WH vindi 4pc.

And yes cheapest pieces aka 4pc without the chest :p.

Sigh he's going to need to buy the BM marauder armor though. BM armorings don't trasfer over the set bonuses either so he can just sit in the BM marauder armor and at least have something useful with decent gear while they grind out their WH vindi 4pc.

And yes cheapest pieces aka 4pc without the chest :p.

It's an absolute waste of commendations to do that. Our 2 piece and 4 piece is absolute garbage. He'll save himself around 6k warzone commendations by just going straight for the BM Vindicator instead of getting BM Weaponmaster, then buying BM Vindicator then buying WH Vindicator. He can wear the BM Vindicator Armor as long as he rips everything out and puts them in Medium armor. All he has to do to get the War Hero is turn in the shell of the BM gear.

I played without set bonus' until I got the War Hero Vindicator.

Edited by Megatfx

It's an absolute waste of commendations to do that. Our 2 piece and 4 piece is absolute garbage. He'll save himself around 6k warzone commendations by just going straight for the BM Vindicator instead of getting BM Weaponmaster, then buying BM Vindicator then buying WH Vindicator. He can wear the BM Vindicator Armor as long as he rips everything out and puts them in Medium armor. All he has to do to get the War Hero is turn in the shell of the BM gear.

I played without set bonus' until I got the War Hero Vindicator.

If they're a new player it may be a better idea for them to do this unless they have the money to back it up.