Yet another turn of the screw to Artifice

Darkwords

Tell me Biofail...do you even give a single thought when you present yet another new type of color crystal on the Fartel market or ops chest to the Artifice that makes no credits anymore???

Tired of no patts for these new color crystals...no wonder everyone is dropping artifice while others such as cybertechs are getting rich.

Worst thing I ever saw to ruin a crafting skill.

Have you ever tried RE'ing the new Dread Guard relics?

300 daily comms can take a while to for players to get. And they are now Best in Slot for dps. Many would rather spend credits than grind dailies for days on end.

One of my friends has two DG relics on the gtn at all times and they sell regularly for a tidy profit.

Not to mention the 27 enhancements he's unlocked.

Edited by Khevar

Sell low level enhancements, off hands, crystals, and hilts. Cyber makes little money on the 50 stuff too, on my server there are so many people crafting the 27 stuff for mats, and no tip.

I sold two more +9 power crystals this morning for 30k each, considering the mat cost that is great money.

If you want to feel sorry for anyone for sorry for Syth, Armor, and arms.

The color crystals are considered more like a "cosmetic" thing. And from now on, everything of that sort I bet will be coming exclusively from the Cartel market. Just like we can forget about getting new orange sets for either Armomech or Synthweaving. Even if they put the schematics in the game, it will most likely turn into another Cybertech-ship parts fiasco.

But like it's been said, Artifice is a really good money maker, with both end game gear and lowbie stuff

The color crystals are considered more like a "cosmetic" thing.

A +41 crystal with a level 10 requirement is cosmetic to you? Crystals with that kind of stats created by an artificer require level 50. For level 10 (well, level 7 really) an artificer can create a crystal with a measly +2 bonus.

A +41 crystal with a level 10 requirement is cosmetic to you? Crystals with that kind of stats created by an artificer require level 50. For level 10 (well, level 7 really) an artificer can create a crystal with a measly +2 bonus.

I've had a 400 artifice since March and color crystals have never been a great profit making activity for me.

On the flip side, I've made a ton of money on hilts, enhancements and relics.

Agreed with the other poster, crystals have never made money for Artificers except for the rare ones (Magenta +41 Power, and +41 Expertise ones). Even if they do who is going to buy a Blue crystal everyone else has when what they want is a White one? Or vice-versa? They're not selling the basic colors in the CM. The customers are pretty much separate.

Learn relics, hilts, and enhancements from endgame gear if you want to make money.

This may come as a complete shock. but....some people don't pay 500k for color crystals.

I made about 2 million credits last week selling lvl 16-39 power crystals. stop crying about the cartel market and go make you some credits.

If you "400 artifice since March" guys never made money selling +41 crystals then you were doing something wrong. those crystals sold OUT at 40-45k each. i could never keep them in stock.

Edited by Holinyx

This may come as a complete shock. but....some people don't pay 500k for color crystals.

I made about 2 million credits last week selling lvl 16-39 power crystals. stop crying about the cartel market and go make you some credits.

If you "400 artifice since March" guys never made money selling +41 crystals then you were doing something wrong. those crystals sold OUT at 40-45k each. i could never keep them in stock.

By comparison, I made 2.5 million credits in an hour selling one Dread Guard relic.

Re-read my post.

Edit: Just to by crystal clear I said, "never been a great profit making activity." You somehow turned this into "never made money"

Edited by Khevar

By comparison, I made 2.5 million credits in an hour selling one Dread Guard relic.

Re-read my post.

Edit: Just to by crystal clear I said, "never been a great profit making activity." You somehow turned this into "never made money"

I did say "never" myself, but it was hyperbolic ("never made money [of consequence]"). You gotta go big for the big margins. Apple doesn't sell $75 Raspberry Pi alternatives for a reason -- even their usual markup on top of that would still result in a tiny profit per sale.

Most of the crew skills are being screwed like this in some way or another.

Artifice with Crystals and the new Cartel weapons. Cybertech with Speeders, Synthweaving and/or Armormech with Adaptive clothing (and Legacy/birthright/Inheritance), Armstech with Cartel weapons (and Legacy/birthright/Inheritance),

The only crew skill I don't see being negatively impacted by this is Biochem.

Ultimately it all comes down to people having too much money or methods of easily earning it (as a crafter with all these skills at 400, it's no problem at all) and these let people blow huge amounts of money by having a few rare things that people will want. It sucks, but I find Artifice is much more profitable by learning 26 and 27 schematics than worrying about why I can't make a green/black crystal or a red/orange.

The only thing I would like is the option to craft level 10 +41 crystals of the regular colours. I don't get bored of the normal colours, but it gets a bit old seeing everyone and their uncle running around in the cartel colour of the week.

Edited by SaberBladeUK