Kill order and interupts

ChrisRedmond

Kill order is weakest to strongest.

The person responsible for the interrupts is whoever has interrupts (that means everyone). If more than one attack needs to be interrupted (Pilgrim's Dog, Minefield Droid, Sorno, etc) then people should previously agree on who's getting first and who's getting second, and it's usualy PT's and Juggs (because they have the shortest CD's)

Edited by RendValor

Healers -> weak/normals -> strongs -> elites -> champions under ordinary circumstances.

Interrupts should be everyone, prioritized by who is least likely to miss one (due to channeling, being out of range, being stuck on CD, etc.). Ideal order is dependent on the group and players behind the keyboards.

Healers -> weak/normals -> strongs -> elites -> champions under ordinary circumstances.

Interrupts should be everyone, prioritized by who is least likely to miss one (due to channeling, being out of range, being stuck on CD, etc.). Ideal order is dependent on the group and players behind the keyboards.

true most of the time depanding on the group strongs could get grouped with normals and weak. when faces same lvl adds focus on targets with aoes after healer then which ever the tank is holding(focus) unless theres a mob attacking ur healer

interrupts for damage should go to the tank and heals or other damage for dps if multiple are need for a fight and should be stated before the fight and agreed on. healer should not focus on interrupts unless all else fails, super rare and usually means fail group if it comes to it.

Edited by ladwar

usually tanks will interrupt before a cast gets to 30% of it's cast or so

from 30% to 70% is pretty solid dps territory

As a healer I usually catch anything that makes it past the dps.

It depends on the encounter and group though. Against mobs with a knockback that applies a slow, as a healer, I generally blow my interrupt on that. Even though it doesn't have to be interrupted, with ranged dps in the group, it helps keep the tank - tanking. Very few players seem to catch it quick enough.

• 4 weeks later...

One thing to be aware when interrupting - there are two types of skills that usually need interrupting. Let's say you're on Sorno. He needs his Unload and heal interrupted, obviously. But, the difference is when they need to be interrupted. Unload being a continuous 3 sec cast of damage, it needs to be interrupted asap. His heal, however, is quite different and should be interrupted as late as possible. The heal activates after a 3 second cast, not before, not during. So interrupting it at the beginning just makes Sorno continue his dps. Interrupting it after 2.5 sec mark means he wasn't doing anything to you for those 2.5 seconds and he lost his heal.

Interrupt constant casts as soon as possible. Interrupt long activation casts as late as possible.

• 3 weeks later...

absolutely right.

If you're talking specific boss fights, well... that's a case by case basis. Every boss fight is different, but in *most* that have two bosses, you want to kill them at the same time (or as close to it as possible), the Dread Council being an exception to this.

Bosses in HM FPs (Lightside bosses in HM BT, for example, or the boss at the end of HM BT) generally follow the trash mob rule, except they tend to all be champions or elites so you kill them by role. Healer first, then DPS, then "boss"/tank type.

The point is generally to reduce the amount of mobs as quickly as possible, which is why you kill the weaker ones first. The fewer enemies alive to hit the tank, the less damage the tank is taking, the easier he can hold aggro on what's still alive, the easier the healer's job is, etc. All around it's good strategy.

• 2 months later...
I assume most people in the thread aren't including healers in the interrupt rotation. If I am in an HM FP, I often enjoy the time to interrupt (the casters at the end of Athiss are a good example). In operations however, I very rarely have time or spare concentration to time an interrupt. Exception possibly being if someone asks for it concisely on teamspeak/mumble.

Standard Marking order in (at least my fps and would be ops too) is from top to bottom. Aka Gun to Cog. With Flame being priority. Aside form that, Healer (generally) --> weak --> strong --> elite --> champ.

• 2 months later...