Official Gunslinger Class Representative Questions

GalnarDegana

I believe this was answered in the dev posts or at a community cantina. I am still looking for the link, maybe someone else can help me out there.

I think you're right about it being answered at a cantina and a player reposting it, but I couldn't dig it up either. However, if we can't remember the answer it wouldn't hurt to have it up there again. :p

I will modify a few of the Dirty Fighting questions, but I don't want to repeat the last question. I'll get back to you.

Re-reading the current questions, my PvE question does seem similar to PvP8. However, mine is a more of a energy question concerning end-game PvE than if the spec is supposed to be sustained or burst in PvP. Switching from a boss to an add can be very difficult as Sabotage Charge takes a lot of energy making it not ideal for the task and there's always the chance Speed Shot could be on cooldown forcing the player to recast DOTs to setup Wounding Shots, a very heavy energy tax that's also time consuming. This lowers DF's sustained damage performance because there is more time spent gathering energy compared to DPSing (more Flurry of Bolts to moderate regeneration). Mine isn't a question of burst damage per-say, but DPS sustainability when target swapping comes into play.

Like I said, they did improve this greatly with the 2.0 changes, but there still isn't enough energy floating around to make rapid target swapping viable for Dirty Fighting in end-game PvE. Personally, I believe this is just a side-effect of critical rating's current scaling as Fighting Spirit isn't nearly has beneficial as it was pre-2.0, but I'd like to hear the combat team's input.

I love Holdout Defense as it is now. I like having speed boosts for PvP. If you are serious about this adjustment, I will add it...but no offense, I think the implementation would have to work drastically different to not look...idiotic LOL.

You've been doing this too much if you considered that an actual question. :p For clarity, that isn't a serious suggestion, I've just always thought it'd be comical if we could chuck our weapons at the enemy. Talk about confusing the enemy!

As a side note, when it comes time to vote, may I vote for more than one PvE or PvP question instead of a Wildcard/Other? There are questions in the other sections that'd I'd like to see answered more than some of the current Wildcard ones, and as long as we have one PvE and PvP vote it shouldn't matter what the third one is. For example, I could vote for PvE 1, PvP 1, and PvP 2 instead of PvE 1, PvP 1, and Wildcard 1.

Personally, I'd like to see voting determine the most popular PvE question, PvP question, and then the most popular between all the sections that wasn't top PvE or PvP pick.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if it's been addressed (too lazy from work to scroll through), but I would like to ask the combat team what exactly they plan to do with Flyby/Orbital Strike.

Specifically:

With the recent batch of Scoundrel questions, the combat team stated that they were not satisfied with the DPS increase in using Flyby/Orbital Strike on single targets. It was said that in upcoming builds, Flyby/Orbital Strike would be re-worked so that it was not useful against single target and only useful against multi-target. Since this would be a large DPS loss across the board for all three specs, can we expect to see this loss of damage from Flyby/OS "worked back in" to each tree individually?

Honestly, I don't know how to phrase it right...I'm tired. But I hope you all get my idea.

Side note: A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler question TILL I DIE!

Edited by ScytheEleven

And tell them to change back Charged Burst's sound effect while they're at it. Obviously not a question but you could have an additional comments section like KBN did for the shadows.

Edited by ArenCordial

I think you're right about it being answered at a cantina and a player reposting it, but I couldn't dig it up either. However, if we can't remember the answer it wouldn't hurt to have it up there again. :p

I think they said that it was something they were aware of, but they weren't sure how they wanted to fix it.

Re-reading the current questions, my PvE question does seem similar to PvP8. However, mine is a more of a energy question concerning end-game PvE than if the spec is supposed to be sustained or burst in PvP. Switching from a boss to an add can be very difficult as Sabotage Charge takes a lot of energy making it not ideal for the task and there's always the chance Speed Shot could be on cooldown forcing the player to recast DOTs to setup Wounding Shots, a very heavy energy tax that's also time consuming. This lowers DF's sustained damage performance because there is more time spent gathering energy compared to DPSing (more Flurry of Bolts to moderate regeneration). Mine isn't a question of burst damage per-say, but DPS sustainability when target swapping comes into play.

Like I said, they did improve this greatly with the 2.0 changes, but there still isn't enough energy floating around to make rapid target swapping viable for Dirty Fighting in end-game PvE. Personally, I believe this is just a side-effect of critical rating's current scaling as Fighting Spirit isn't nearly has beneficial as it was pre-2.0, but I'd like to hear the combat team's input.

This is all true, and I agree. I will see what I can come up with. With the Sage answers, we do know that critical rating will be looked at soon. It obviously isn't working correctly. With a better control over crit, we might get back more energy, which would help us out.

You've been doing this too much if you considered that an actual question. :p For clarity, that isn't a serious suggestion, I've just always thought it'd be comical if we could chuck our weapons at the enemy. Talk about confusing the enemy!

I was wondering! It seemed ridiculous, but I was trying to be polite. :p

As a side note, when it comes time to vote, may I vote for more than one PvE or PvP question instead of a Wildcard/Other? There are questions in the other sections that'd I'd like to see answered more than some of the current Wildcard ones, and as long as we have one PvE and PvP vote it shouldn't matter what the third one is. For example, I could vote for PvE 1, PvP 1, and PvP 2 instead of PvE 1, PvP 1, and Wildcard 1.

Personally, I'd like to see voting determine the most popular PvE question, PvP question, and then the most popular between all the sections that wasn't top PvE or PvP pick.

Absolutely don't feel obligated to vote on "wildcard" questions as a wildcard question. The wildcard question can be any question from the entire list. There are just some questions that are not related to PvP or PvE at all, so those are definitely wildcard questions.

Not sure if it's been addressed (too lazy from work to scroll through), but I would like to ask the combat team what exactly they plan to do with Flyby/Orbital Strike.

Specifically:

With the recent batch of Scoundrel questions, the combat team stated that they were not satisfied with the DPS increase in using Flyby/Orbital Strike on single targets. It was said that in upcoming builds, Flyby/Orbital Strike would be re-worked so that it was not useful against single target and only useful against multi-target. Since this would be a large DPS loss across the board for all three specs, can we expect to see this loss of damage from Flyby/OS "worked back in" to each tree individually?

Honestly, I don't know how to phrase it right...I'm tired. But I hope you all get my idea.

Added the Flyby/OS question, and between you and me (and everyone else reading this I guess), I really hope the Sonic Needler question gets selected lol.

And tell them to change back Charged Burst's sound effect while they're at it. Obviously not a question but you could have an additional comments section like KBN did for the shadows.

I liked that bonus section. I didn't see that last time. I will put any additional questions that we don't pick in the form of comments after our questions.

• 2 weeks later...
I have a questions about High-Tail-It (Slinger Dash Move). Is it working as intended? I ask because I thought that this action would break Channeling or Animation (in order to make a quick escape) but it doesn't seem to do either (found out the hard way on Cezerka Corporate offices HM). So, yeah is it working as intended??? :confused:

I have a questions about High-Tail-It (Slinger Dash Move). Is it working as intended? I ask because I thought that this action would break Channeling or Animation (in order to make a quick escape) but it doesn't seem to do either (found out the hard way on Cezerka Corporate offices HM). So, yeah is it working as intended??? :confused:

Do you mean does it fire off even when in the middle of Speed Shot, for example? Yes it does, however, if the global cooldown is not up, I don't believe it fires.

On an unrelated note, we will suspend voting and questions as you might imagine (and I think everyone figured out, based on the silence in this thread) until the Class Rep program returns post 2.5.

Thanks for the questions and such, hopefully they will take what we have in the google document and use it even if we didn't ask the questions.