1.1.2 PvP bag changes.

ReRuined

Let me just point this out, since there's confusion about it.

The 1.1.2. bag changes have reduced the RNG element on drops DRAMATICALLY. Exactly what you guys asked for.

Instead of hoping to get specific item tokens, you now get (more) commendations that you can turn into an item of your choice. That is a lot more deterministic and reliable than opening bags and hoping for a token.

-- Georg

Your employees are so disconnected from the player base its astounding. Why not just institute a champion token system, similar to battlemaster ones, to prevent all these duplicates?

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 1.1.2. bag changes have reduced the RNG element on drops DRAMATICALLY. Exactly what you guys asked for.

Instead of hoping to get specific item tokens, you now get (more) commendations that you can turn into an item of your choice. That is a lot more deterministic and reliable than opening bags and hoping for a token.

-- Georg

The problem with the RNG element is the only thing people wanted from those bags was the chance of gear significantly better than the gear they could otherwise have by just reaching level 50. Centurion gear is a poor waste of database space and art assets. I'd be surprised if the metrics showed any trend to actually use full sets of the gear.

Stop pretending you pvp, because you don't. Now you can "make the leap to 60 valor"? Surely you're trolling, because nobody could be this stupid.

I do pvp sometimes.

I do an even amount of pvp and pve, and I'm building a set of gear for both. And I think people should be forced to switch between gear sets if they intend to pve and pvp effectively.

The problem with the RNG element is the only thing people wanted from those bags was the chance of gear significantly better than the gear they could otherwise have by just reaching level 50. Centurion gear is a poor waste of database space and art assets. I'd be surprised if the metrics showed any trend to actually use full sets of the gear.

The only good thing Cent gear is was good for - for me was the Vibroknife and Relics since I neither had enough dark or light side points to wear anything good. Sad...

Battlemaster Bags

3) BM Bags: Increase the amount of champion comms with BM bags, as well as a chance at a BM token.

3a) Tbh, I would prefer scrapping champion comms in BM bags. It would be better to have a BM comm/token system consistent with (1) and (2).

Where did you find the "as well as a chance at a BM token" I don't think that is the case at all..unless I've missed it.

Thanks

Edited by Volnoxiom

-- Georg

Final edit: Removed all of my post since it was invalid after the clarification that champion comms will now drop from champ bags.

Edited by Thoffs

Yes, and that's intended. How can you not understand that?

It.

Is.

Intended.

The expertise is only worth the sacrifice in pvp. It's not supposed to be a viable option for pve. Hence why it is a PVP set.

I.

Don't.

Think.

You.

Understand.

Purple PVE gear off of the trade house is better in PVP than Centurion gear. Saying "intended" a lot doesn't actually mean you know anything about PVP. The stats are bad for many of the builds PVPers like to run and the expertise is small so it doesn't make up for the difference.

Where did you find the "as well as a chance at a BM token" I don't think that is the case at all..unless I've missed it.

Thanks

These are just suggestions on my end. Right now the BM bags give champion comms and a chance at a BM token.

It doesn't make sense why bags don't give comms and a chance of a RNG token of the bag type. Cent should have nothing to do with champ bags, and champ should have nothing to do with BM bags.

-- Georg

Step in the right direction George, This will give all the fresh 50's a easier start in warzones by stacking a bit of expertise whilst upgrading the difficulty of getting t2/t3 pvp gear because I think we can all agree the rate at which people have obtained champion and battle master gear as been insanely fast and definitely not intended!!!

Good change. It will be nice to get the Centurion set so I can get competitive gear without having to do a crap-ton of grinding, which I don't have time to do. I was beginning to feel pushed out of PvP by my casual play schedule, but with the new changes, it sounds like things are improved for folks like me.

Actually, to get COMPETITIVE gear you will have to grind a lot more. Wear your Centurion gear and fight someone in Champ gear who's not terrible; you'll get punked every time unless something throws the battle into your favor.

Now to be on the same level as all who came before, you'll have to grind out Valor 60 (And with crappy Centurion gear, you'll probably want to do most of it swapping kills on Ilum, because warzones will not be friendly territory.

-- Georg

Not exactly what "us guys" have asked for.

What I've seen time and time and time again is asking for a reduction of the POOR RNG behaviour.

You can defend random all you want but when people go 20-30 bags with NOTHING it's pretty rough. There needs to be some hard coded checks and limits put in.

Secondly, and this is realy the biggest issue. DUPLICATES ARE WORTHLESS. This will continue to be an issue, and frankly will be a bigger issue now.

By the time I had my full champ gear I had ~20 duplicates rotting in my vault. 7 of which were Relics.

Under this new system I'd be hesitant to buy ANY gear until I had enough tokens to finish my whole set. Why? because it would stink to sink a ton into a piece only to get a duplace drop the very next rare bag.

---

The real problem is you can't give away gear based on rank only because you've done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to remove valor farming from the game.

If people couldn't just farm for their ranks via collusion and zerging every day you could just award fixed pieces at specific ranks. It'd be 100% fair and predictable and there'd be no reason to complain.

Instead you're forced to make people run warzones for their bags in order to get gear.

In my opinion the whole system is backwards and rewards have become more important than gameplay and it's a sad sad state of affairs to be in if the sustained success of the game is a goal.

"Bonus valor" > the kill amount.

ALL players who tag a kill getting 100% of the reward.

Clickie objectives = a kill found in ONE location on the map.

7-10 people quitting a warzone on one side over and over and over.

Majority of queues during primetime dropping players into losing warzones.

Lopsided populations, lopsided ranks, lopsided gear.

Virtually no reward for sticking out a losing warzone.

NO punishment for AFKing or quitting, repeatedly.

What's the mission statement of PvP in this game?

"We'd like everyone to zerg or be zerged and metagame non-stop for their gear rewards until they hit max gear then move on to another game."

It seems that way to me.

These are just suggestions on my end. Right now the BM bags give champion comms and a chance at a BM token.

It doesn't make sense why bags don't give comms and a chance of a RNG token of the bag type. Cent should have nothing to do with champ bags, and champ should have nothing to do with BM bags.

Ahh ok. I agree. I just think they should address the issue with BM bags and the RNG of those tkens as well. as mentioned in my post... I'd much rather have a system where it's difficult to get the BM gear yet still you are always progressing towards it. As oppose to Pure luck.

Step in the right direction George, This will give all the fresh 50's a easier start in warzones by stacking a bit of expertise whilst upgrading the difficulty of getting t2/t3 pvp gear because I think we can all agree the rate at which people have obtained champion and battle master gear as been insanely fast and definitely not intended!!!

So reward those who already have it and crap on those who don't.

Nope I don't accept that as a good "fix"

I have full Champion gear too.

But, I have seen more dev posts today on important issues than I have in a long while, and the communication is appreciated.

Seriously, at times the PvP boards can be pretty mindblowing. I am excited to see how this next interpretation of the PvP system works out. Hopefully we'll have folks genuinely looking at it on the test server.

I do pvp sometimes.

I do an even amount of pvp and pve, and I'm building a set of gear for both. And I think people should be forced to switch between gear sets if they intend to pve and pvp effectively.

This is not a personal attack, but you're are clueless about pvp.

This isn't a discussion about pvp item usefulness for pve and vice versa. The bulk of the complaining is Bioware's fail fix forcing the vast majority of the playerbase to equip crappy tier 1 pvp gear, for 60 pvp ranks, while getting farmed by those already with champ/battlemaster gear. They won't get a real chance at tier 2 gear, until they've reached what is essentially tier 3 in pvp. Furthermore, the chance to get duplicate items and thus wasting your time, still exists.

So enjoy pvping "sometimes". You'll be doing it in a broken system with fewer people que'ing every day.

It really isn't like this at all, Centurion gear is really not that good and won't really effect them at low level for better or worse but makes the t2 grind for Champion items even harder.

Honestly, I just feel sorry for those without Champion pieces right now, dumb system is dumb.

It's like the whole appearance system all over again, take something simple, make it complicated, get it wrong.

Ahh ok. I agree. I just think they should address the issue with BM bags and the RNG of those tkens as well. as mentioned in my post... I'd much rather have a system where it's difficult to get the BM gear yet still you are always progressing towards it. As oppose to Pure luck.

I agree completely. That's why I think it's important that they add centurion bags, and adjust the bags so that they give both comms and a RNG token for the corresponding gear type. That means they'll have to add BM comms into the game, too.

This way, (1) the bags will be more logical (I open a champion bag, I get champion comms and maybe a free champion gear piece. I open a BM bag, I get BM comms and maybe a free BM gear piece), (2) 50s can get into centurion gear quicker and (3) they don't have to nerf champion bags.

Im one of those people that has been hosed on the bags more than probably most. Ive gotten 28 bags to date. I have ZERO Champion armor pieces from those bags. From those...Ive only gotten the Champion Weapon and Champion Relic (which is terrible). But no proper armor pieces.

26 empty bags out of 28.

Now your telling me your going to make it worse!!??!!?!?!!!

Thanks.

I agree completely. That's why I think it's important that they add centurion bags, and adjust the bags so that they give both comms and a RNG token for the corresponding gear type. That means they'll have to add BM comms into the game, too.

This way, (1) the bags will be more logical (I open a champion bag, I get champion comms and maybe a free champion gear piece. I open a BM bag, I get BM comms and maybe a free BM gear piece), (2) 50s can get into centurion gear quicker and (3) they don't have to nerf champion bags.

Yep exactly!

Hehe.. Well. All we can do Is hope! ;)

Yet now all the people who got it quickly will still have it, while everyone stepping into PvP will be at a wall until Valor 60, unless they have Godlike luck.

Oh wait, there is no luck, there's the Force. The Force wants half of the galaxy to get nothing/duplicates and the other half to be fully geared. So this is just an immersion factor...

Like I said, people are to dramatic on these forums lol

Given the history of almost every MMO to come out since WoW, you can handle blame people for slapping their foreheads and face palming when developers land stuff like this.

These things are really not that hard to work out, but it's pretty clear why so many MMOs have fallen short of what they could have been.

Really Bioware? You just don't get it.

So, to fix the issue, you are going make everyone that isn't 50 yet or just hit 50 so far behind, that they minimal chance to succeed. This change will make a ridiculous gear gap for months. The gap between centurion and champion gear is too big for this kind of change. Not to mention, you are making it even more RNG dependent. We want less RNG.

This whole patch is just a joke tbh, but this change is the worst of them all, just awful

Like I said, people are to dramatic on these forums lol

There's nothing dramatic about it. I'm stating facts. Subscriptions and active players are already plummeting (happens with every new mmo). Fewer and fewer people are logging on, for various reasons, pvp being one of them. What will ultimately make this a successful mmo in the long term is BW making correct changes within the first 6 months to retain subs, then drawing in new subs with a vastly improved game with new content. If they don't, they'll bleed out and it'll become another Warhammer, etc.

You state this will all be forgotten in a couple months. History states otherwise.