Kira Carsen - Companion story bug?

Blev

I volunteer to have my character reset to the point in time the bug happens!! The Quest the Defector!! Send me back!!! Critical data could be found by reseting the character quest :)

I'm on this boat. Reset my character quest. I'll beat down Kira's bro with my 30's Guardian.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Knight is 35 and I am gutted that it's also bugged for me. I've been thinking all day about rerolling because I'm missing on a major part (in my opinion) of the story. I thought that maybe skipping all the voice acting because I've already seen it would make it fast...

I don't know what to do :(

My Knight is 35 and I am gutted that it's also bugged for me. I've been thinking all day about rerolling because I'm missing on a major part (in my opinion) of the story. I thought that maybe skipping all the voice acting because I've already seen it would make it fast...

We all feel your pain my friend. I we should make a support group called "I Live with Kira's Bug"

same here, better like this than re-roll or waiting for weeks while they fixing it.

Weeks if we're lucky. A month more likely. Days would be a miracle And hours would be a universe breaking event.

i felt the same way i had a 30 Sent, i rerolled as a Guard this time, im skipping all the chat since i have done it already, im already at lvl 16 again. i figure ill just keep doing Guard then once its fixed do Sent and just use both of them.

Hi everyone - we're continuing to look into the issue preventing progress with Kira for those of you who are still experiencing it. We're sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.

Stop looking and fix it already. You know where the problem is, its been being reported for a MONTH!

so ayone can confirm that the bug was indeed solved with the latest patch???

i mean anyone here did the defector quest AFTER the patch and went with the DS flirt option without having kiras questline bugged as it was happening before???

I got the quest yesterday, did the dark side flirt, and did continue with the rest of the quests. On the second one I flirted with her again, and on the third one I kissed her. Seems to be working for whoever didn't take it before.

Could I just confirm with you guys; I have just got "The Defector" as a mission (level 27 Guardian), is it safe for me to do this mission without any repercussions of the bug coming into action?

Mainly what I mean is has anyone now gone past the quest since the patch and have not had the issue?

would everyone just calm the freak down

yes, it's an annoying bug, yes I personally believe it should have been caught and completely fixed before now, but at least they gave us a few responses and let us know that they're working on it, getting mad at them even more isn't going to make it go any faster or slower

to the devs, just do what you can...whenever you can give an ETA though would be preferred, as mentioned before, it's been proven (from a marketing/psychological aspect) that people would prefer to actually know if it'll take longer to get out, rather than completely leaving us in the dark. I can understand if no ETA is available just yet, but please get one out ASAP

but yes, let's all just calm down, it's annoying, and it's hampering the gameplay experience, but let's all try to remain civil about it shall we?

Could I just confirm with you guys; I have just got "The Defector" as a mission (level 27 Guardian), is it safe for me to do this mission without any repercussions of the bug coming into action?

Mainly what I mean is has anyone now gone past the quest since the patch and have not had the issue?

plenty of people in this very topic have said you will be ok, lucky :p

Hi everyone - we're continuing to look into the issue preventing progress with Kira for those of you who are still experiencing it. We're sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.

I'm indeed glad to get a response, and I don't mean to be nagging now, but is there any possibility of some sort of ETA? I mean, if this is gonna take a month, I might as well reroll... even though I really don't want to reroll my character, as that would be kinda boring, having to do every single mission over again, I'd rather reroll and get past this bug... or if there's any way to reverse our character's progression within the Main Story. I don't mind having the Main Questline restarted... Back to Nar SHaddaa, or even back to Tython. I just want to have this fixed, one way or another, and I don't want to have to wait several weeks for it.

If you want them to act faster, there are three things you can do.

1: Message them on Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/swtor

2: Message them on FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/starwarstheoldrepublic

3: Call their toll free number and report a patch bug, saying that the patch that says it fixes Kira does NOT fix kira.

They won't want the information about a bug this big on twitter or facebook, and those are public forums where they opened up for support questions.

Oh and remember to use the public tweets on twitter (and not a message), and to put the message on the WALL on the facebook link.

Edited by PhoenixViridian

10k affection, level 41, and I'm still stuck with a silent Kira. It was rough having our hopes raised by the last patch, only to find things remain unresolved for everyone who'd been affected.

In-game reports just get closed with the usual "we forwarded your report" non-answer.

I am really bummed out by this. They should reset the Kira questline for anyone who requests it, back to before the problem occurs. It shouldn't take another week. I'm not going to keep playing this character that long without this key part of the class storyline working.

Edited by ciparis

10k affection, level 41, and I'm still stuck with a silent Kira. It was rough having our hopes raised by the last patch, only to find things remain unresolved for everyone who'd been affected.

In-game reports just get closed with the usual "we forwarded your report" non-answer.

I am really bummed out by this. They should reset the Kira questline for anyone who requests it, back to before the problem occurs. It shouldn't take another week. I'm not going to keep playing this character that long without this key part of the class storyline working.

Then do what I said above. A message from EACH person affected will get results, they wont want this huge bug in public.

Bioware should have put a warning out to people as soon as they knew about this bug so that everyone could avoid this.

This.

If this has been a known bug for quite some time, a warning should have been put out IN GAME.

It's odd that I could excuse the queues, some lag, and some other things but this is almost game breaking. Kira is a huge part in this story.

Just reset my class quest line. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease.

I really don't wanna reroll 80+ hours of gameplay just because of this issue.

This.

If this has been a known bug for quite some time, a warning should have been put out IN GAME.

It's odd that I could excuse the queues, some lag, and some other things but this is almost game breaking. Kira is a huge part in this story.

Just reset my class quest line. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease.

I really don't wanna reroll 80+ hours of gameplay just because of this issue.

Agree on this one.