Official PvP Records 1.1

xContex

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone! I don't know if this counts Scyn, but I did tie Gargauth and Krilax's record of 22 medals. Even though I did end up dying twice, my overall DPS and protection was higher than Gargauths. Since the second place had that same medal count and the place was determined by better stats, I was wondering if me posting this screen would get me a spot on the list! :D

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh74/HaZaRd222245/Screenshot_2013-01-09_21_48_02_043371_zpsd3c860a4.jpg

Unfortunately you had deaths which loses you the tie breaker with Kirax.

*Updated.

Darknight, damage in a single Warzone. If you do the math, DPS in a single Warzone with 1279 http://i46.tinypic.com/116rqja.jpg

Congrats on breaking 1 mill. I can def post the damage achievement however since you didn't scroll over the DPS reading I cannot just calculate it and take it. Everything needs to be on the same baseline IE the games own calculations. It is simply there for consistency.

*Updated.

It's your thread, but to me it seems very fair to divide total damage by the maximum number of seconds in that particular wz, which is 900. On a novare or civil war I fully agree, but there's no doubt this voidstar lasted no longer than 900 secs.

It's worth noting re: screenshots that there is a bug that can cause them not to be taken. Even outside the bug, there is a *ONCE EVERY 5 SECONDS* limitation on taking screenshots, per Bioware in July.

The upshot of all this is: be very careful when taking screenshots. You'll have to, at least, wait 5 seconds between mouseovers. This is why my protection SS lacked a mouseover: the shot was never taken.

I don't understand how he's playing it safe, but like I said it's his thread so it's his rules.

It is consistency I'm trying to maintain. It is even in the OP, for the record to be counted it MUST be backed up by a SS proving that number. I have no doubt Darknight hit 1200 DPS as to break 1 million it generally needs to be that high however for the sake of consistency because he did not SS it I cannot include it. I did however include his total number because a SS was taken showing me that number. I hope this clears things up.

It is consistency I'm trying to maintain. It is even in the OP, for the record to be counted it MUST be backed up by a SS proving that number. I have no doubt Darknight hit 1200 DPS as to break 1 million it generally needs to be that high however for the sake of consistency because he did not SS it I cannot include it. I did however include his total number because a SS was taken showing me that number. I hope this clears things up.

I totally understand that position, but I think the argument is not that it's "generally" impossible to break 1 million without DPS of 1200 or more. I think the argument is that we know exactly what his DPS was from the scoreboard. The scoreboard shows that it was a max-length voidstar, which is 900 seconds; Darknight's DPS for the match was [total damage]/900, and exactly that. The screenshot "proves" the number, you just need make a couple deductive steps.

This wouldn't be possible in most maps, but it's determinable for some outcomes of Voidstar (and Huttball, not that I would expect high DPS records in huttball).

Not that I have a stake in this, I'm just an quibbleitive person. :o As Ushanev said, it's your thread.

Edited by stringcat

I have to side with Scyn on this guys, if nothing else because it means I don't have to do math. Seriously though just have to be more careful about screen shots, I have lost a lot of beautiful SS because I thought I hit it or I was click happy and left something early without getting the shot.

Come on it is Darknight, he can do it again!

Why are you guys acting like scyn just pulled this out of his ***. The rules are clearly shown on the first post, if you don't meet the requirements then there is no point in posting a screenshot. Arguing about it won't get you anywhere either. The rules are simple, and have been stated since the beginning. Better luck next time :rolleyes:

Actually no mention is made in the first post of this particular rule, but let me say it for the the third time since some people seem to be having difficulty understanding my position: it is Scyn's thread and I fully agree that he can make whatever ruling he likes. I think he's doing a great job though I disagree on this particular screenshot.

That self heal isn't tank exclusive. It's an AC ability. And cool your jets. The grimmies simply had a disagreement. That's not drama. ;)

Enraged Defense is a beautiful thing. There's also 2pc Vindi (Intercede = +8% max health), which ups the healing done a bit if you're working hard. (I think Semah's prot SS had >150k healing). I have no idea if medpacks count toward healing done. The shame!

Edit: I just looked because I was bored. Sem had 172401 healing on a jugg tank (http://i.imgur.com/NXncu.jpg). I also looked at the top 5 protection records on the game-wide thread, and that is ~42k more than ANY of the healing on those records. If tank-healing was a separate category there, we'd have a record on their list. The famed million protection record (http://imageshack.us/f/96/millionprotection.jpg/) was just shy of 130k healing, by a shadow.

I have to give Hulcalan props here; he's always the best dressed in pvp.

Edited by Khalhazar
Blatant self-aggrandizement