How is the sith?

Dchsknight

You would love the Sith then. I'm a total magoo type so I hated being that evil and had to reroll as a Jedi Knight.

The Sith Warrior gives you the chance to be a complete homicidal maniac. Plus, you get to murder Ewoks on tatooine :D

Great Hunt is a little "meh", but the BH companions are (as a group) the best in the game IMO, so make of that what you will. Inquisitor story might be a little standard but it's well done and fun to play through in my opinion. No reference at all for any of the others. Have heard multiple times that agent is fun.

Playing a Sith Warrior and a Jedi Knight here.

The Sith Warrior is just so much fun. From the rivalry plot on Korriban to working as a Enforcer for the Darth your apprenticed to, to turning a Jedi to the Dark Side...I feel like Darth Vader. It's also fun to just randomly kill NPCs for no other reason then because you can. Executing a bumbling Imperial Officer for botching a deal is just so...satisfying.

And this is coming from a guy who normally hates playing a "bad guy".

That being said, I think the Jedi Knight quests are a lot more engrossing - at least on Tython compared to Korriban (My Knight hasn't even gone to Corusant yet. Still with the Fleet). The Rivalry quest on Korriban for Warriors was fun, the fallen Jedi for the Knights is just engaging story telling. Especially because unlike the Sith Warrior, you have the choice to dramatically alter your Knight's story before you even get off the starting world. I obviously chose the Light Side option there, but the fact the option is even given - and in the manner in which it is given - that impressed the heck out of me and ensures that, unlike my Warrior, I'll definitely be rolling a second Knight to explore the darker path the story could have taken.

The SW quests start out pretty awesome. The dialog options seem well thought out, and for the most part you have a different game based on what you choose. Starting at the end of chapter 1 and moving on, you're basically left with "which form of baby-eating do you want?" with the occasional option to punch the baby instead of eat them. Starting as a LS warrior, I was let down with how shallow the story became as you progressed. Also, your master is basically clueless and ignores just about everything you do. The voice work just sort of "moves on". For a one dialog he's angry, then suddenly he continues on as if you chose the baby-eating option. It seems odd, given the fact that Vette basically doesn't condone it, so you're left with multiple cases of "which option will I upset vette with?"

The Knight really has the other problem. He's either goody goodie, or a jerk. On Tython you have to actually make choices. Later on it's basically "am I a jerk or not". A lot of the quest responses remind me of that Youtube video of "jedi's are $-holes".

I think SW probably is pretty awesome if you want to play a straight DS character and revel in your accumulation of power. On the negative side, you're stuck with the worst looking armor in the game if you go juggernaut.

Edited by Wraeththu

I think SW probably is pretty awesome if you want to play a straight DS character and revel in your accumulation of power. On the negative side, you're stuck with the worst looking armor in the game if you go juggernaut.

I dunno there. I found a Orange quality Red Robe that is extremely impressive looking when paired with Techy Gauntlets and Knee High Boots. My only complaint is the inability to move the Robe's hood up. It's suitably "Dark Side-ish" for my taste.

But yeah, the big bulky affairs? No thanks.

I actually re-rolled Republic , the Sith story even though you can choose Light-sided path you still torture your companion , still kill your trainers and your still just innately evil and I was not enjoying it , even though my guild voted to roll sith I got to a moderate level and had to decide that I'm paying for the game and will play it the way I want to.

I love being a SW marauder, but I also decided from the beginning that I would be total evil for it, so I could have fun! I love the story, and force choking people rocks! lol

That being said, I am also planning on rolling a Jedi Knight, and to be honest, I will probably be LS so I can see what both sides are like...