KOTOR2. Darth Nihlius? story cannon or not? :S

Magnusheart

Right. Darth Nihlius, Lord of Hunger. the iconic mask behind the box case.

Is his lore retconned? His story jumped? The only refrence to him is a server name. But here is the contradiction.

His Powers were similar to the Emperor's besides immortality. Nihilus consumed the planet in which the Miriluka lived on's liveforce killing everything and leaving it an ashen surface.

Miriluka race is still here when he supposedly wiped them out. minus one chick. and I doubt she repopulated an entire race after 3 generations.

Edited by Magnusheart
spellin

Right. Darth Nihlius, Lord of Hunger. the iconic mask behind the box case.

Is his lore retconned? His story jumped? The only refrence to him is a server name. But here is the contradiction.

His Powers were similar to the Emperor's besides immortality. Nihilus consumed the planet in which the Miriluka lived on's liveforce killing everything and leaving it an ashen surface.

Miriluka race is still here when he supposedly wiped them out. minus one chick. and I doubt she repopulated an entire race after 3 generations.

Not sure officially, but on that last point; he didn't. What he *did* do was wipe out their home planet. So a big chunk of the population gone, yes, but when talking about a space-faring species, extinction is nearly impossible. Some will always slip through the cracks. A lot of them are Jedi, no? So a few would have been on Dantooine. And Coruscant. And any other planets with Jedi-connections.

He didn't even kill their planet because of the species. He just did it because a large group of Jedi had gathered there. He had no real reason to hunt down every other Miraluka elsewhere, no more than every other species in the galaxy. They are pretty identical to the Cathar, and even Sith Purebloods in that aspect. A wounded society, and few in number, but they're still around.

Katar was just a Miraluka colony. There have always been Miraluka around even before Kotor 2 came out.

This.

Darth Nihlius did not destroy Alpheridies the Miralukan homeworld, he destroyed Katar which was just an out-rim Miralukan colony.

There race is fine population wise.

As for why Darth Nihlius is forgotten that is simply becuase so few were aware of him in the first place, only Kreia, the Exile, Sion and Viss actually knew him "Darth Nihlius". To the rest of the Exiles party he was just "The Sith that eats planets", they were more involved with Darth Sion.

To the Jedi Masters he was "A Mysterious Threat".

To the Mandolorans and anyone else who enountered him he was just "Another Sith Lord/ A" that the Jedi Exile eventually killed.

But most of the galaxy didn't even know he was there at all. But that was the point, he and Sion lead a shadow war, not an open war. It was all spies and Assassinations.

But most of the galaxy didn't even know he was there at all. But that was the point, he and Sion lead a shadow war, not an open war. It was all spies and Assassinations.

Well, that was true to a point, It was Traya that led the war, then Nihilus and Sion exiled her because of their own impatience, they got far more aggressive and didn't care about whom knew of them as they believed they had already won.

I haven't seem him, as I haven't seen pretty much any references to Kotor II. There's a couple, but not a whole lot.

As for continuity, the Emperor is very similar to Nihilus and Nihilus is very similar to the Emperor. Though the Emperor did not destroy the planet, he completely sucked the force out of it. Nihilus just demolished it, not really sucking up all the force.

I may be wrong, they never really described Nihilus that well in the game.

I haven't seem him, as I haven't seen pretty much any references to Kotor II. There's a couple, but not a whole lot.

As for continuity, the Emperor is very similar to Nihilus and Nihilus is very similar to the Emperor. Though the Emperor did not destroy the planet, he completely sucked the force out of it. Nihilus just demolished it, not really sucking up all the force.

I may be wrong, they never really described Nihilus that well in the game.

Which is why I felt they seemed to lolnope remove Nihilus from lore. because his powers of "eating" the force from his ability of being a "wound in the force" seems Very similar to what the Emperor did on the one planet I cannot name that was quoted in the Revan book.

Now I would understand Bioware would leave out a bit of story from KoTOR2 considering they didnt make it, OBSIDIAN did. but hey. its lucasarts game and cannon is cannon.

I would of actually hoped they might of brough Nihilus back. considering he put his soul and power in his mask and armor.

Thanks for the clear up on the Mirluka.

6:53 in video link.

in Kotor 2 Atton's refrence made me seem to believe they were almost completely extinct.