Has anybody else noticed?

Sarfux

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive been here a while.

I choose not to take an avatar or sig because i think they are juvenile.

I've been both critical and uplifting about the game, though, more critical since it is the deserved response to bioware's continued lack of vision.

Honestly i must ask myself where all these white knight forum defenders have come from, and what gives them this inclination.

duh **** i thought it was only subs were allowed to post, now all free and preferred can. this is game ****.

No no. It is subscription only but there is a preferred friend program where it gives you free 7 days subscription if you click on it, or since GS came out they get 30 free days subscription that they can do as they please with it. It's still sub only.

Edited by CommunityDroidEN

No no. It is subscription only but there is a preferred friend program where it gives you free 7 days subscription if you click on it, or since GS came out they get 30 free days subscription that they can do as they please with it. It's still sub only.

You're seriously going to dismiss any dissenting voices as friend referrals? And you misunderstood my previous post. We do not get 30 days to do as with we please with the new expansion. There was a short period of time, maybe 5 or 6 days, can't remember exactly, where you could get 30 days extra if you resubbed. It's 30 days extra if you pay, not 30 days for nothing so you can troll the forums.

To elaborate, I currently plan to sub for around 60 days, so I can earn money on the GTN and bypass the 350k credit limit so that I can buy... fluff. That is why I am subbed. I'm posting on the forums now because I couldn't before as a preferred status player yet I had to see these know-it-all posters clog up the forums, preventing people from having useful discussions. THAT is why I am posting now. To think any new posters sub solely to troll the forums is absurd.

Also, many of us re-subs are people who previously left for some reason or another. So excuse us if our faith in this game isn't as unshakeable. Many of us just want to see the game improve and frankly there haven't been all that many improvements for the whole of two years it's been out.

Still, I enjoy the game and want to finish some of the storylines. Doesn't mean we can't talk about some issues once in a while if don't enjoy EVERYTHING about the game.

Edited by Blackholeskipper

You're clean. Its obvious who the troll accounts are if you know there posting history and nuances. They're attention seeking and nothing but critical of the game with no constructive criticism.

Exactly. You get my point. You can see who they are.

I think constructive criticism is a good thing for the game.

My issue with the forums as of late is this:

I feel like most of the negative posters think that this game needs to fill every gaming need they have. This is not realistic. BW has been consistently putting out content and events. So its not the event or content you are looking for, tough, wait for the next release. People have been asking for a SSSP off rails, with grouping since I can remember. Now it is here and all I see are people saying its not good enough, innovative enough, easy enough. People are asking for the Rakghoul event back. Now its coming back and all I see is "where is the creativity and innovation BW."

People complained about BW putting items in achievements after they were no longer available and all I see is. Why are you bringing this stuff back again! get new stuff!!!

How about this one "Ops are too hard the casual player can't see the content" = Ops get nerfed and everyone cries.

"BW!!! Ops are to easy now, where is the challenge?" = Ops are harder, and everyone cries.

Its ridiculous. BW is slowly but surely giving us what has been asked for, they are building a foundation for this game to have a future on.

This is not the only video game to play, its ONE of the many MMOs out there. You can support it, through subbing, or the cartel market, you can support it via CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, bug reports, testing new content, and overall just caring enough to invest in your own entertainment.

This is not a single player game, so don't expect all of the content to be soloable.

This is not WOW, it hasn't been around for 10+ years don't expect it to have the same content variety.

This is not Rift or GW2, don't expect dynamic events all over the galaxy.

If you want something out of your gaming experience that you are not getting here there are a ton of places you can get it filled.

We don't know about all the politics BW/EA deal with internally, nor do I care to. I give feedback and my opinions on what I want the future of this game to look like. As long as it stays entertaining and fun it is worth me investing in my own entertainment, through supporting this game.

Anyone one who always supports the game and never has anything negative to say about isn't being realistic.

Anyone who does nothing but bash everything the devs do every time content releases should move on to something else, or supplement their gaming with games that do.

/ End rant

You're right, I know nothing about you, which is why I was referring to the way you post. Your posts tend to clog up thread discussions and often come close to insulting people. Though I admit I may sometimes confuse your posts with those of OddballEasyEight and Reno_Tarshil since you use the same display picture and post pretty much the same things. It's hard to tell sometimes if you don't look at sig.

So, you admit that I don't insult anyone, you just don't like the tone of my typing.

I suspect there may be an issue with your monitor. Also, delete cookies.

Edited by Infernixx

How dare those customers who are not part of the Special Snowflake Forum Clique post?

Who do they think they are?

And to disagree with the Clique?

They don't even have a sig, or have their text colored to be special.

How dare they!

This, lol. Some people just cant live knowing there are people who dont think like them.

I find it amusing how many people lash out at posters that post things that they don't like and make up things like 'cliques.'

Like this is high school or some stupid crap.

Sometimes the real world is just a bigger high school with some people unfortunately

Its completely unreasonable to think that maybe these are new subscribers that are also unhappy with the current selection of content?

They couldnt possibly be paying customers that have been actually playing the game instead of forum trolling?

Or maybe you are right.

Its much more likely they pay 15 dollars a month to just come and complain on forums. Yes, this is the only logical explanation.

Well that's just my opinion out of this whole thing. Some are just complicated to get a point across. I am saying some people DO come on here just to troll or pay the money to bash the game. I think that's what happens. Sure, some new people are here and don't like some of the content so they criticize. I don't have problems with that. Everybody has their own opinion and I respect that.

What I do not respect and can't stand is the blatantly obvious people that come here from refer a friend, or the free sub time, or sub just to bash the game and want to see it fail for some firey passion of hatred they have against the game. There is a big difference between constructive criticism and flat out badly criticism of everything that BioWare does or doesn't do.

I realize some posters get mad, angry, upset etc but those ones underlying may like the game even though they are mad because they seem very passionate about what they want inside this game. I understand that and I know that. Some are just more passionate than others.

I welcome diversity, constructive criticism and I'm sure the company and devs do to. I was just wondering why suddenly there was a surge of these posters that have absurd names, no avatars and seem to all they do is bash the game and troll. (not saying everybody without an avatar or funny name is doing that) Just the ones that are, are very annoying.

Creating an inflamatory thread to bash people who bash swtor (a game they obviously pay to play) is not "lashing out" against a "group" you guys are trying to label?

You are trying to stigmitize legitimate concern, this is not healthy.

Im sorry, but the irony of that statement just threw up red flags. I suppose you havent called anyone names....yet.

It's probably new players and resubs because of the 30 days extra deal they had in late nov/early dec. (I'm one of these resubs).

Also, just checking the forums again I have to say about half of these hateful and rude posts are coming from the so called "defenders" of the game. You're just making your own forums more toxic. Just cause new people are popping in and starting silly threads that may or may not have been posted before doesn't give you free license to insult people and drag down every thread that merely *hints* at the suggestion this game could be improved in some aspect or another. Seriously, calm down and at least respond constructively.

I started to read your post and agreeing with you until you degenerated into "defenders" (at least you did not use blind fanboys, apologists, etc). Then went into them dragging down any posts that hints at criticism.

Too much criticism come in the form of "this game is a steaming pile and if you cannot see that you are a blind fanboy". Threads that are critical but are also filled with good suggestions sometimes get dragged down by the op themselves. Here is a great example. The op started with a title designed to rile people up and the very good suggestions were subsequently lost in ensuing flame war (with the op adding to it).

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=706515

It would have been a great post with sticking to the truth of the matter that both camps are equally guilty of dragging threads into pointless name calling and insults. Some good threads have been dragged down, but we have seen many lately that really are obvious attempts to rile people up while others seem to be looking for a totally different game (this is not SWG nor was it ever intended to be sandbox).

I know I get riled up when people post about the game milked and abandoned and have to take a deep breath before posting (and still regret some posts).

Edited by RandomXChance

I know I get riled up when people post about the game milked and abandoned and have to take a deep breath before posting (and still regret some posts).

This is what I don't understand. Why would you get all riled up about a game unless you were one of the developers or programmers who built it? I see a lot of this in the forums, and it eludes me as to why mere players of a game would so staunchly defend it.

I mean, I drive a Dodge, and some friends make some low-brow insults about it and make fun of me driving it. Do I go off like a raving lunatic in defense of Mopar's good name like I have a personal stake? No, I just laugh along and let it run it's course.

I suspect there is more to this phenomena than meets the eye, but on the surface, it seem ludacris.

This is something I think BW/EA needs to come down on. One of these self-appointed forum bosses is conspicuously missing as of late, however I'm sure they will be back soon doing business-as-usual after paying their penance.

Is that confirmed?

Going on a lot of her posts I thought she had free reign to do and say anything she liked.

Must have been a doozy if they actually gave her a timeout.

Is that confirmed?

Going on a lot of her posts I thought she had free reign to do and say anything she liked.

Heh. No one knows for sure. Just rumors really. Seemed like a pertinent wrench to throw into the discussion.

It would have been a great post with sticking to the truth of the matter that both camps are equally guilty of dragging threads into pointless name calling and insults. Some good threads have been dragged down, but we have seen many lately that really are obvious attempts to rile people up while others seem to be looking for a totally different game (this is not SWG nor was it ever intended to be sandbox).

Well, I did say half... isn't that pretty equal? I think one okay way to defend the game would be to pop in, say what you have to say, then move on. What I see instead is certain posters repeating the same thing again and again throughout a thread until the thread is completely useless because there's maybe 2 or 3 pages of good stuff and then 20+ pages of useless insult trading... which wouldn't even be there if no one had stepped in to start the argument in the first place.

This is what I don't understand. Why would you get all riled up about a game unless you were one of the developers or programmers who built it? I see a lot of this in the forums, and it eludes me as to why mere players of a game would so staunchly defend it.

Pretty much this. Why get so upset when people voice their opinions? Is Bioware paying you to stomp out any player requests or complaints? No? Then say your piece and move on.

Is that confirmed?

See, this is what I mean. We all know the missing poster-who-shall-not-be-named because this "elite" poster has posted on so many threads and said pretty much the sames things each time that it's all become so predictable. The forums have become stagnant and useless as a place to voice opinions because people get shot down merely for suggesting change.

And yes, again, there are many troll threads. I understand that. Well, go back and look at some of these threads and see who's posting in them. Half the posts are from these elite posters defending the game. If it's already a troll thread, then just let it die. If it's a more serious thread that's actually discussing things, then let it thrive. The forums doesn't need a self-appointed police force.

And seriously, where are the moderators in all this? They could pop in once in a while and restore order, maybe issue a few warnings when things get out of hand.

Edited by Blackholeskipper

I'm restarting over and playing it again after almost 2 year break, I'm going to see what they have done.

I loved bioware, I love KOTOR, and I love star wars. I did not like them not hearing the voice of reason when I tested this game. So I want to see what they did to change it.

With that being said, If I like it I will stick around, If I don't, EQ land mark is around the corner. I don't hate Bioware, I don't hate anything, If the game is not for me it is not for me.