Terror HM for Watchman/Anni

So today I noticed in the 2nd phase of the terror fight, I am unable to leap at 0m using Watchman/Anni spec to the tentacles, anamolies, irregularities, and the Terror himself in the Furious Tantrum phase due to the buff that prevents any range closing (I believe it's called "unreachable"). It's a pretty steep dps loss without being able to use one of two effective focus builders, and makes the spec completely boring to boot (strike strike strike strike strike).

1. Has this buff always been there and possibly just has not worked until now?

OR

2. Was this an addition to the fight in today's patch that wasn't listed in the changelog?

It has been some time since I have done that fight, however I was able to leap to him and the tentacles when I did do it. I was not capable of leaping to another platform though.

You were never able to leap to another platform. I am talking about a 0m leap when you are already on the same platform as the tentacle/anamoly/irregularity. It seemed to have changed in today's patch, whether intentional or not.

Really awful change imo. Was there a need for it? I didn't see any possibility for exploits or anything, it was just a focus builder.

I guess I'll have to change to combat spec for the Terror fight going forward, because it makes the fight fairly unfun as a Watchman (too much strike and dps loss).

Guess they decided that the logic of distance should also be applied to a 0m leap since although physically you are at the target, distance rules do not apply and so all leaps are out.

Amusingly there is one distance rule for weapon attacks which allows you to still do damage with a ranged class from other platforms, can take off 15% before the dps pack even reaches it.

Oh well, no more watchmen chasing the anomalies, can't be standing there poking it repeatedly before doing something interesting.

Edited by Gyronamics

it's just another bug among many... in the meantime we get new shinies in the cartel market. YAY.

I'm glad that Damiond Schubert claimed that no ressource was taken from the regular team in order to work on the cartel market, imagine if that had happened how many more bugs we would have got! I'm soooo relieved to only have these few bugs. :rolleyes:

Why is it a bug?

If distance is irrelevant in second phase (e.g. stockstriking TTFB from about 60m away and green healing beam a mile long) then all jumps should either be on or off.

You are no closer or further at 0m than you are at 10m. So since a leap is a distance closer, the logic seems to have been that you cannot close distance which can't be measured thus all leaps off.