Subscriber Appreciation Details?

Kaywinnit

I won't claim to speak for OP, but when someone like me mentions subscriber perks and subscriber appreciation, we are talking about players who have been there from the start, who kept playing AND paying all this time. and no, 500 cartel coins a month is not much of an appreciation when you need them to buy something - subscription or not, and when they are cheaper to just buy outright if you must.

This ^.

Whatever they do, it needs to recognize and support those of us who have been paying subs since day 1. The tiered/scaled approach is the best (the STO/Rift examples from earlier).

Most importantly, it needs to be something that no amount of CC can buy...ever.

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, but that doesn't mean the marketing gurus might not think it would.

They don't give players much credit for intelligence as a whole.

:cool:

Marketing guru's aren't in the business of wringing out 1 last purchase at the expense of killing your trust in them. Bad marketing employees might think that way, but a marketing person with sense knows you build hype in a fair consistent and above board manner that demonstrates trust and values the customer.

FFS, what is everyone's beef with the fireworks? I thought those were pretty cool! I saved mine and launched them from the bar on the Republic and Imperial Fleets at midnight on New Year's Eve.

Fireworks are a nice 1/2 year sub reward. If they go with a long term loyalty program, they should be very early on the totem pole with something more substantial coming later on.

I am really interested in this as well. I have been playing maybe 2 hours a week recently and am constantly thinking about cancelling my sub, The money is not a lot but if I am not using it I can easily drop to preferred with very little impact.

What I cant work out is what they could do for subscribers. I have 5000+ cartel coins because there is nothing I want to buy so giving me some extra ones wont really make me feel loved. We got given a free name change again, not bothered about that mine will probably never be used. Bonus XP again don't need it. What could they offer subscribers so they feel appreciated and yet not cause the majority of subscribers to say "Don't need it, Don't want it or Don't Care about it I would rather have X Y or Z"

For me, I feel valued by having content updates that don't cost subscribers extra.... by that I mean they don't cost cartel coins either. Im also talking about new content that a lot of people will use, unlike NIM mode older ops. They seem to be doing that the next update so Im good atm.

I have been playing MMOs a long time. A value of a sub, for me, is having stuff to do and getting more stuff to do when previous stuff is old and wore out. New ops, new flashpoints, new events, new warzones (I don't really pvp but those players need content too), expansions that have some gerth and depth to them. Makeb was a cool expansion and worth the 10 bucks but IMO is not enough unless they can do atleast 2 of those per year.

I don't feel like my sub was valuable from launch up to this point. Saying that, I took some time off, some more content came with Makeb and my sub felt valuable again. All my friends are gone and unfortunate for me, my friends is what keeps me logging in. I love to raid and Ill have to find a new guild at some point so Im not having as much fun as Id like to but I am having fun and the new update sounds good. If they can continue those type of updates, on a regular basis, then I feel the sub is worth it. If not then I will be taking another break. If I have to take a break and I find something else that holds my interest, then it is unlikely that I will be coming back. I hope I don't have to take another break because I really think this is a good game, its just still lacking a lot of stuff that I believe it should have.

Re: the Ewok as a sub only companion. I just saw n Dulfy's site that Cory Butler has confirmed there will be a CC option to pay. So, confirmed as not being Sub only.

Edit:

As for what they could give us....shared account bank space would be one thing.

Star Trek Online has a veteran's program to reward their subs

sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=736471

Rift had one as well. (Though, I understand their's has changed some post f2p

http://rift.zam.com/wiki/Veterans_Rewards_(Rift)

Rifst vet rewards have changed but for the better IMO. The thing about Rift is that F2P really doesn't have much in the line of restrictions. The only one I have found was you couldn't use the auction house unless you had spent atleast 5 bucks in some form or another..... that's pretty free.

Rifst vet rewards have changed but for the better IMO. The thing about Rift is that F2P really doesn't have much in the line of restrictions. The only one I have found was you couldn't use the auction house unless you had spent atleast 5 bucks in some form or another..... that's pretty free.

SWTOR has the worst F2P model of any game I've looked at...it's totally centered on making it as difficult as possible for non-subs (hot bars...flipping hot bars are restricted...you can't even use the abilities you get while leveling!). But, that's a conversation for a whole different thread.

Well as a long time SUB I'm hoping it's something tangible and not something crappy like fireworks or faction fireworks that went away after used.

Things as a SUB I think would be "Good" include:

• FREE Barber Shop changes (Yea.. not spending CC's on that!)
  • FREE Extraction Costs of Mods/Armor (Hey.. it's a wish list)
  • Exclusive "SUB" Mount mailed to everyone
  • Exclusive "SUB" Pet mailed to everyone
  • Permanent "SUB" Discount in CM - 10% across the board - ANYTHING
  • LEGACY BOOST Awards (IE: certain levels get additional benefits)
  • Example: Legacy 25 - Get's 10% off any CM items/Vendors, Legacy 50 gets 20% off

Edited by dscount

what do you suppose would happen on the forums here if they did come out and say "this thursday we will reward our subscriber's loyalty with the final double exp. weekend and 15 fireworks that should be showing up in your mailbox soon!"

the way they implemented server transfers should be a clear sign of how they view subscribers. if you want to take advantage of transfers, you either get a cost that scales with how many alts you have (as a peripheral indicator of how long you've been playing and subsequently how loyal you've been) or you get to abandon your characters. of course, the more you've played your characters the more it sucks to abandon them. but then, bioware wants the system to suck if you've been in the game a long time.

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

As a heads up we are not going to be releasing details about the subscriber appreciation here on the site ahead of time. However, I would keep an eye on your email. Once we have everything finalized we will be sending an email to all subscribers, so look for that in the future! Glad you guys are all looking forward to it though, keep your eyes peeled for information soon™.

-eric

-eric always makes me chuckle on his down to earth responses. I heart the ™.

And in less than five minutes or so someone will come in making a post about how Bioware doesn't care, never shows appreciation, doesn't care, thinks Eric is being disrespectful, doesn't care, they'll threaten to quit, doesn't care, and oh yeah that Bioware doesn't care.

That said, looking forward to seeing what is going to be done.

Hey folks,

As a heads up we are not going to be releasing details about the subscriber appreciation here on the site ahead of time. However, I would keep an eye on your email. Once we have everything finalized we will be sending an email to all subscribers, so look for that in the future! Glad you guys are all looking forward to it though, keep your eyes peeled for information soon™.

-eric

Any chance you may be able to share some sort of information on a time table? Even a loose one? My only fear is that this will be on the 4th of july weekend and myself (and I am assuming a decent portion, but maybe I am wrong) will not be able to play due to family.

And in less than five minutes or so someone will come in making a post about how Bioware doesn't care, never shows appreciation, doesn't care, thinks Eric is being disrespectful, doesn't care, they'll threaten to quit, doesn't care, and oh yeah that Bioware doesn't care.

I won't bet against. ;(

Any chance you may be able to share some sort of information on a time table?

You quoted the following, and then you ask that question?

As a heads up we are not going to be releasing details about the subscriber appreciation here on the site ahead of time

My only fear is that this will be on the 4th of july weekend and myself (and I am assuming a decent portion, but maybe I am wrong) will not be able to play due to family.

Talk about yer First World Problems. :rolleyes:

Hey folks,

-eric

how soon™?

when should i start refreshing my email every minute; should i start thursday (early weekend), friday morning, friday afternoon, friday evening? or will it be during the weekend, so saturday? or near the end of the weekend, so sunday?

my shift and r buttons are going to get worn out this weekend i think :p

Edited by Skodan

You quoted the following, and then you ask that question?

Talk about yer First World Problems. :rolleyes:

I understand what I quoted. But I was hoping that They could keep the details about what it actually is, and maybe (i know it is unlikely) release some sort of timetable. Or even just saying "it will not be on 4th of july weekend" or something like that

Hmmm really do wonder what they will give subs which will actually make them feel appreciated, rather than just another pet which sits in a sack like most other pets, maybe a multi person speeder which has the companion on it? but if they had something like this I am sure it would be in the cartel market and even if subs got it free would you really feel appreciated if everyone else could just buy it for less than 1 months subs. I just cant work it out, often saying there is going to be sub appreciation and then giving them something naff is worse than not saying anything at all.

i think it's great that eric told us to wait to receive an email. this sort of communication is helpful to the community and much appreciated.

before we start talking about how much bioware cares about us, shouldn't we see what's in the email? isn't the actual game and the content more important than a post saying 'wait a couple days?'

i waited more than 5 minutes to post this.

before we start talking about how much bioware cares about us, shouldn't we see what's in the email? isn't the actual game and the content more important than a post saying 'wait a couple days?'

No, it's much better to wildly speculate that it will be lame and worthless.

Edited by branmakmuffin

Just make sure Europe is included. We may not celebrate July 4th but we do subscribe!

lol.

maybe brits can get something too since without them we wouldnt have had to declare independence. and i guess without the french/spanish, britain wouldnt have gotten to the point where it was. and then i guess we need to include the other countries that aided britains empowerment and created their need to conquer the world, so i guess we can include the rest of europe. and then we'll include south america, africa, asia, and austrailia too since they all help others too.

so i guess even though its an American holiday, i guess its alright to let you all have the fun too :D

No, it's much better to wildly speculate that it will be lame and worthless.

I don't know if it's better... but I do find it entertaining. :D

Eric's answer is exactly as expected IMO. They have a history of liking to present us with "surprises". If they tell us about it in advance, it's like telling a kid what's in that present under the tree, 2 weeks before Christmas. They are being predictable in how they present surprises to the players. :p

I don't know if it's better... but I do find it entertaining. :D

Eric's answer is exactly as expected IMO. They have a history of liking to present us with "surprises". If they tell us about it in advance, it's like telling a kid what's in that present under the tree, 2 weeks before Christmas. They are being predictable in how they present surprises to the players. :p

I don't mind surprises, but you have to be smart about them.

Either you completely surprise someone, letting no information through (which was already blown by mentioning dates on the last live chat), or if you put it out there, then you properly manage expectations when the date comes creeping by and give people a rough timeframe.

Already, we know it was to be 4th of July weekend. However, without more concrete details as to when the emails go out, any sort of perceived delay in those emails will turn anticipation into frustration, which will devolve into anger, which in turn will blunt any sort of goodwill intended by the surprise, almost no matter how cool it is.

So unless the surprise is mindblowing, something like this can easily backfire and turn something nice into a ragefest, and any goodwill from the surprise lost in potential mishandling. And at the end of the day, it would be Bioware's fault for mentioning the 4th of July weekend in the first place.

Of course, all that is moot if they send the emails on or before July 4th. Just with the way deadlines get pushed around, I just hope they know this isn't something they can monkey around with.