Okay...what should I choose for my smuggler...

Morgain

You mean advanced class?

Do you like melee or ranged?

Do you like stealth?

Do you like being pure DPS or having the versatility to go from DPS to heals as the need dictates?

Do you like soloing heroics and flashpoints?

I like both melee and ranged, though for my smuggler, I would say that I would prefer to stay ranged. I already have a shadow and like the idea of being either or, and I prefer to just be dps, as for soloing heroics/fps...eh...not a huge deal to me.

I like both melee and ranged, though for my smuggler, I would say that I would prefer to stay ranged. I already have a shadow and like the idea of being either or, and I prefer to just be dps, as for soloing heroics/fps...eh...not a huge deal to me.

If you like being ranged, and pure DPS, then Gunslinger is definitely the way for you to go

Judging by what you like, Gunslinger is your best choice, as you said you don't like crouching all the time, if you just stick it out till like 40+ you can then go lethality and it's a pretty mobile class that you only need to weave in a crouch or two every so often.

Scoundrel is more of a healing class than a dps class, so if you want dps, go gunslinger, and run the dirty fighting tree.....a LOT less crouching. But no stealth. A solid ranged dps class.

Scoundrel is more of a melee dps class (no crouching), but their dps is not as strong as a gunslinger. Scoundrels make better healers. They also have stealth.