Is there a lack of Tank drops in HM55 FP's?

One of our newish tanks is getting frustrated at the lack of drops with even token mitigation stats. Another guild member agreed stating that tank drops are few and far between. I haven't been paying attention, but shouldn't the drop rate be roughly 25%? The last four heavy pieces I remembered to look at had DPS stats.

Just RNG trolling you. That's it. I got nearly full set of shadow tanking gear in first 4-5 FP's I have done on first night I got L55. O)n the other hand we dragged a terribly undergeared scoundrel healer through some FP's and even 16-man L55 ops recently and there were 0 drops with cunning. It's just matter of luck. When I don't need tank gear it keeps dropping for me as well.

There is a 25% chance your item will drop for your class assuming you are the only one on your team in that class.

Now from that you have a 25% or 33% chance of it being a tanking piece.

At worse you only have a 6.25-8.25% of getting a tanking piece.

Odds are already not in your favor. Sin tanks have it the worse as they have 25% while juggs and VGs have a 33% on their class drops.

I have seen a lot of items dropped for my class, then on some days nothing. Just do more flashpoints.

I got an implant the very first 55 FP I ran on my shadow tank. didn't get another drop until I was nearly full 72's, 6 weeks later. I was not impressed. It got to the point where my guildies didn't even bother asking me to do FP's with them, because of the mock tantrum it sent me into.

Yeah... my response was "streaky EA RNG is streaky".

I've gotten maybe 4 or 5 class & role appropriate drops of which 2 were useful and one I only used the armoring. Implants and earpiece are the crafted microfilaments and the rest of what I have I bought with comms.

My personal philosophy is to not count on drops. I crafted a full set of artifact 66 mods (oh the beryllius and mytags *shudders*) and sloooowly built up my balance of elite comms. I was really surprised to find out recently how close I am to full 69's.

I have never seen a Shadow Tank item drop, in ops or flashpoints post 2.0.

Although alot of it is crap (because of Alacrity/Accuracy) it's still annoying for me, and was an even bigger pain in the butt whilst transitioning from my Dread Guard set.

I've had a few Shadow Tank drops from 55 HMs, The guild try to run at least one per night and one of my guildes says he never gets anything as the drops are always for me. ;) Edited by VorKoom

I suspect it's RNG, but it seems like I have the same problem. My 'main' is a Guardian tank, and it seems like /when/ a Jedi Knight piece drops, 90% of the time it's DPS gear.

(And then there's the 10% of the time when a JK tank piece drops with Accuracy and Alacrity on it. Don't even get me started on the stat distro on Arkanian tank gear... :| )

The problem is that tank gear is only good for tanks whereas DPS gear and healer gear are often quite interchangeable (the only differences are in alac/accuracy, which are only present on *some* pieces). As stated before, you have a 25% chance of getting a drop appropriate to your class, and, from there, you have a 25% chance of having said drop be a tank piece. For healers and DPS, it's a 25% chance of getting a class drop and a 50-75% chance of getting something useful. It's not just bad RNG. It's the chances themselves which screw over tanks since the weights aren't in our favor.

I know they fixed the loot selection to drop stuff that's class appropriate, does it need a tweak to take role into account as well? Or maybe they should create a set of tokens that can be used to buy Black Market gear and drop those instead.

There is a 25% chance your item will drop for your class assuming you are the only one on your team in that class.

Now from that you have a 25% or 33% chance of it being a tanking piece.

At worse you only have a 6.25-8.25% of getting a tanking piece.

Odds are already not in your favor. Sin tanks have it the worse as they have 25% while juggs and VGs have a 33% on their class drops.

This is about as accurate an explanation as you are going to get. The only solution is to continue to grind Flashpoints until you get what you want. Sorry, but grinding is part of the MMO experience, and it is not going to be changing any time soon.

I know they fixed the loot selection to drop stuff that's class appropriate, does it need a tweak to take role into account as well? Or maybe they should create a set of tokens that can be used to buy Black Market gear and drop those instead.

No, because then the odds of getting a specific drop is going to be even worse. The more you specify the type of drop, the harder the odds are of getting a specific type of gear based on class or even spec.

Remember, the needs of the many will ALWAYS outweigh the needs of the few.

I've had a few Shadow Tank drops from 55 HMs, The guild try to run at least one per night and one of my guildes says he never gets anything as the drops are always for me. ;)

I know what he is feeling. I have a Guardian Tank and I have gotten ZERO so far(and I have ran quite a few 55 FP's). You just suck it up, take your comms and buy the better gear from the Supplies wing of the Fleet. That's all you can do.

One of our newish tanks is getting frustrated at the lack of drops with even token mitigation stats. Another guild member agreed stating that tank drops are few and far between. I haven't been paying attention, but shouldn't the drop rate be roughly 25%? The last four heavy pieces I remembered to look at had DPS stats.

tank drops are rare when i run with friends 90% of drops are dps stated gear

tank drops are rare when i run with friends 90% of drops are dps stated gear

So wait... tanks get less drops so they need to queue more to get their pieces. That's... evil. Brilliant, but still evil. :D

On a serious note I'm not convinced that's intentional.

My personal philosophy is to not count on drops. I crafted a full set of artifact 66 mods (oh the beryllius and mytags *shudders*) and sloooowly built up my balance of elite comms. I was really surprised to find out recently how close I am to full 69's.

Veracity implants still have better tank stats than Black Market, and are pretty much on par with Verpine -- so you can focus your commendation buying on the non-craftable bits.

I know what he is feeling. I have a Guardian Tank and I have gotten ZERO so far(and I have ran quite a few 55 FP's). You just suck it up, take your comms and buy the better gear from the Supplies wing of the Fleet. That's all you can do.

But the gear is all alacrity and asorb heavy..... I am a jugg tank btw. I made a poast in the general forum, on this myself...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6389812#post6389812

Since early launch of RotHC, I have been running 55hm's pretty much exclusivly the drops i've seen for tanks are VERY few and far between. Much less than that of the DPS and Healers (probably around 5-10% of the drops. this is including running setups with 4 of the same class for an easier % of a tank drop.

Either the RNG is tweaked in favor of the other classes or I have one hell of a bad streak with the drops i get for my tank (probably the first one though).

Speaking of horrendous luck at the RNG lottery, ive ran 8 55 HM's with my fresh 55 agent and yep... Haven't seen a single cunning drop but at the same time, I didn't see any tank drops for any of the tank classes i was teamed with either.

So far running HMs on my Tanks (Guardian & Shadow) my tank loot drops have been:

2 Black Market Tank chest pieces for Guardians (On my Guardian)

3 Black Market bracers for Shadows (on my Shadow)

1 Black Market bracers for Guardian (on my Guardian - this was today)

A slew of Organge mod-able gear with blue armorings/mods/enhancements that I was able to upgrade or give to a comp

All of those I needed on because it was tank gear unless I already had it

Everything else that I've won from rolls has been DPS/Healer gear and on my Healer I got a pair of boots for a Trooper/BH tank.

i have Guardian Tank and in all 55 HM FP that i have done, only 3 gear dropped for me(not counting orange ones)

But Honestly I'm not doing FP for gear anymore i just want Elite Comms because MK1 gear that vendor sell is better than Mk2 which you get from FP IMHO(-9Str,+20End)

But Honestly I'm not doing FP for gear anymore i just want Elite Comms because MK1 gear that vendor sell is better than Mk2 which you get from FP IMHO(-9Str,+20End)

That's pretty much where I'm at, but the lack of tank-specific drops makes me really miss the Unassembled Token drops from the HM 50 FPs. *sigh*