My One Quarrel With Ancient Hypergate

Lintman

It just feels like there should be more people in it, the wide open spaces and the two main battle grounds on either side it just isn't filled by 8 people per team. I think this map would be a whole heck of alot more fun if there were more people, it would also feel a whole heck of a lot less barren. Edited by Lintman

It just feels like there should be more people in it, the wide open spaces and the two main battle grounds on either side it just isn't filled by 8 people per team. I think this map would be a whole heck of alot more fun if there were more people, it would also feel a whole heck of a lot less barren.

You may be right.

It would be enjoyable with more diversity in numbers of opponents in some WZs, maybe *gasp* Bioware is planning something good with the direction they take PvP!

protip - not likely

Well personally from what I've experienced so far I hate it. Half tempted to leave it every time I find myself in it at the moment.

Less gank parties

That middle area is one gank area control that and you win the game. If your team is not in control as a sniper it's impossible to be able to help as soon as you set foot in it you're set upon.

Edited by BaineOs

Well personally from what I've experienced so far I hate it. Half tempted to leave it every time I find myself in it at the moment.

That middle area is one gank area control that and you win the game. If your team is not in control as a sniper it's impossible to be able to help as soon as you set foot in it you're set upon.

The other better way to win is to control both pylons.

As a sniper, I played the pylons more. Then had to run in when the burst came through. I stayed to the side until the last few seconds and ran in to the middle then cover pulsed and got 3 people with it.. Not sure that will work when people understand whats coming. lol

Go up the outside ramp to the opposing teams node, cover, and destroy the crystal carriers as they try to get to their node. I think people neglect the "ball carriers" too much right now. I can't tell you how many times the second I clear he middle it's a walk in the park.

The other better way to win is to control both pylons.

highly unlikely unless you're up against an inferior team. my first time in there, I was on a weaker team, and we still managed to hold onto one pylon every round. you spread your forces too thin to hold onto both against a remotely even opponent. easier to pack mid with melee and a healer while being 2x as close to your pylon in case of emergency.

It just feels like there should be more people in it, the wide open spaces and the two main battle grounds on either side it just isn't filled by 8 people per team. I think this map would be a whole heck of alot more fun if there were more people, it would also feel a whole heck of a lot less barren.

This is the best WZ in my opinion:

1. it forces folks to do the objectives and punishes folks for death matching like in most other wz's

2. its anti AFK, you just cant take a node and sit there indef during the match.

3. it is much bigger which tends to be anti gank.

4. in my opinion and its just my opinion, it seems much harder for premades to steam roll pugs in that wz, premades need gang related kills and a mob mentality to function, due to the large size of AHG WZ its much harder for them to do that.

BW if you keep making more WZ's like this one you will certainly keep my sub. just tone down the CC's and fix the premade issue rolling pugs and add a cross server pvp que and most pvpers will be happy... well mostly happy / complain a tad less lol.

DId a few RWZ matches in it last night. I think its going to turn into another civil war for the most part. A little less delay tactics in mid though and a little more interference on the off node. Predictable and counter-able interference though. Overall I think it will be slightly better than CW in RWZs. In regs it will be almost as interesting as hutball, once people sort of get it.

DId a few RWZ matches in it last night. I think its going to turn into another civil war for the most part. A little less delay tactics in mid though and a little more interference on the off node. Predictable and counter-able interference though. Overall I think it will be slightly better than CW in RWZs. In regs it will be almost as interesting as hutball, once people sort of get it.

I'm thinking it's going to become a major stalemate in games where full teams that know what they are doing go up against each other. I mean with a perfectly balanced team on each side both teams are probably going to send 4 a side thus neither conceding either node, if the other team overloads one node then they'll get it but the team that splits 4 a side should be able to get their other node pretty easily, so 4 a side is going to be the safe play. So let's say both teams send 4 a side and they are both balanced teams it's going to be 1 tank 1 healer and two dps on each side, not a chance they are able to kill a good tank healer combo with just two dps and a tank hitting the healer.

Now what can be used to counter this is to overload one side and only send a tank and a healer or just one tanksin to stall the other side but then it becomes a gamble of can your 6 kill their 4 faster then their 4 can kill your 2 I'd personally bet on the 4 tearing the two apart alot faster then the 6 killing the 4. So I don't think it'll be a good gamble to take.

Anyways it just seems this map would be more suited to more people since you'd be able to send more dps in and could focus down the healers faster to move things along.

As a sniper, I played the pylons more. Then had to run in when the burst came through. I stayed to the side until the last few seconds and ran in to the middle then cover pulsed and got 3 people with it.. Not sure that will work when people understand whats coming. lol

You know, the thought occured to me during my first playthrought, that the map would certaintly be alot more fun with a sniper. There are just so many prime camp spots.

Still, it wasnt bad with a mara, nevertheless...this idea intrigues me

I'm thinking it's going to become a major stalemate in games where full teams that know what they are doing go up against each other. I mean with a perfectly balanced team on each side both teams are probably going to send 4 a side thus neither conceding either node, if the other team overloads one node then they'll get it but the team that splits 4 a side should be able to get their other node pretty easily, so 4 a side is going to be the safe play. So let's say both teams send 4 a side and they are both balanced teams it's going to be 1 tank 1 healer and two dps on each side, not a chance they are able to kill a good tank healer combo with just two dps and a tank hitting the healer.

I would say that sending all 8 to a side would be the safe play. Followed by a select team hopping on over to mid, since it's right there. Then, in the final minute of the round, send a suicide squad to take the other side's pylon as the other side scrambles to get out of the explosion.

The explosion is a trick. It is there to make bads abandon their pylon. Take advantage of it. There is no downside to dying in the explosion, and a potentially game winning cap to make.

Edited by Arlanon

The explosion is a trick. It is there to make bads abandon their pylon. Take advantage of it. There is no downside to dying in the explosion, and a potentially game winning cap to make.

You can't cap after the timer runs out, which would be the only time people should be abandoning the pylon.

initially on original post i agree and 16 vs 16 would seem to fit the bill perfectly but the following comment steals it for me, yes finally a change for small pvp battles 1vs1 2vs2 and this is right.

This is an excellent warzone, keep em coming.

the game engine can barely handle 8v8 combat. lets not get our hopes up for large group sizes in warzones

^^ This is it, how many are still suffering lag spikes? CTD and FPS drops and that's on 8v8. What do you think would happen on 16v16? I would love to see bigger matches or even WZ balance by having a que system like SM OP and HM FP, only so many DPS, tanks go in so we do not get a stack of smashmonekys or bubble stuns.

You may be right.

It would be enjoyable with more diversity in numbers of opponents in some WZs, maybe *gasp* Bioware is planning something good with the direction they take PvP!

protip - not likely

They do plan - with less players like 3v3 or 4v4

More players - when they fix the engine, so pretty much - never.

This is the best WZ in my opinion:

1. it forces folks to do the objectives and punishes folks for death matching like in most other wz's

2. its anti AFK, you just cant take a node and sit there indef during the match.

3. it is much bigger which tends to be anti gank.

4. in my opinion and its just my opinion, it seems much harder for premades to steam roll pugs in that wz, premades need gang related kills and a mob mentality to function, due to the large size of AHG WZ its much harder for them to do that.

BW if you keep making more WZ's like this one you will certainly keep my sub. just tone down the CC's and fix the premade issue rolling pugs and add a cross server pvp que and most pvpers will be happy... well mostly happy / complain a tad less lol.

Fair enough on 4 being your opinion, but I tend to disagree. Right after the explosion is exactly when a team using good communication (hi2u voicechat) is going to be the difference between victory and defeat.

The more I play it, the more I like it.

I don't play any stealth classes, so I was curious, if you are carrying one of the little energy orbs, can you stealth back to your pylon? Or is it like Huttball? I'll try force camo on my Sent, but frankly I think I've only had the WZ like 3x in the last 3 days. Edited by criminalheretic