One planet is not an expansion

Darth-Rammstein

Sorry EAWare but a single planet is not considered an expansion for any mmo. $10 isn't a lot of money but it shouldn't cost anything to subscribers to be honest. You have made a killing with the f2p shop, it's not like you're not making money off this game already! Not to mention you can't even purchase it with CC coins, just seems to me like another nickel and dime grab from your loyal fans.

To answer at the very first post of this thread,well my friend you are wrong,i played SWG,and i remember back in 2005 when SOE released the digital expansion trials of obi-wan,they added just one planet,which was mustafar.

So i think that ,Makeb is entitled to be anexpansion in all the ways,we still even don't know the size of the planet and how many contents they added for the new planet.

I think all these negative comments even before the release is a bit exagerated,i know some of you are prevented against EA,and every occation is good to attack them,myself am not a huge fan of them as well,and there are lot's of stuff that i dislike about the way thy handle things,above of all the lack of comunication with it's own community,but in this particular situation i can't see the point to start a new complain.

Edited by Marshal_Ney

• 11 months later...
  • Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True, in most MMO's, an expansion covers at most an eighth of a planet.

Hmm unless you are blizzard then you create a whole continent, but then it is the best MMO thats ever been, easy to see why when they compete with 1 zone "expansions" from competitors.

What's wrong with you Freaky_barber?

Now you went and made me agree with Rileysoph!

You know that's one of the signs of the impending apocalypse don't you?

Shame on you for bumping this old thread!

QFT. Never thought I would see the day where I say good job to Riley. Just another reason why necros are horrible!

What's wrong with you Freaky_barber?

Now you went and made me agree with Rileysoph!

You know that's one of the signs of the impending apocalypse don't you?

Shame on you for bumping this old thread!

+^^ +1 :D

Now it WILL get locked.. as Eric and staff have been playing whack-a-mole on necro threads of late... AND winning, I guess because it's become a target rich environment. :p

Edited by Andryah

+^^ +1 :D

Now it WILL get locked.. as Eric and staff have been playing whack-a-mole on necro threads of late... AND winning, I guess because it's become a target rich environment. :p

This thread is deserving of a good double tap from a mod.

Bothawui, Sleheyron, Yavin IV, and Zoist are all datamined. All four of these released together would make a nice big expansion. So come on bioware! Revamp crafting while your at it too!

Someone, on another forum, has suggested that said datamine is all but ancient history concerning a time where class storylines were still a big focus. It's there but it doesn't mean they're actively working on it...

Edited by Darth_Wicked

You know that they're doing some new voice recording now, right? Hopes up for Ziost, Bothawui, Sleytheron etc...

And? Last I checked, the latest events also had some voice acting done. Doesn't mean anything but again, if people fancy living in a dream world, where this game was highly successful at release, has currently 5 million subs or so, which would warrant a proper Chapter on par with the original ones, have fun with that.

Take it for what you will.