How Darth Maul is alive

Aitix

I don't care how Darth Maul is returing- his return is downright stupid. Darth Maul was NEVER EVER EVER EVER (this cannot be stressed enough) EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER supposed to be anything more than an animal- a convinent tool used by Darth Sidious simply to let the Jedi know that the Sith have returned.

Just like Boba Fett's only role was to track down Han Solo's ship but once he was "resurrected" he transformed into a more interesting character with more meaning. In TCW, it's the same thing and in the end, we'll get a much more interesting character. Judging by the recent episode, it's already shaping up that way.

You could say that Star Wars was suppose to end at ROTJ but it didn't and the result was we got great books such as the Thrawn trilogy and Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor. Well, you could say that it's the same thing here.

As if Dave Filoni (director of The Clone Wars) hadn't perverted the Star Wars universe enough (I.E. peaceful Mandalorians

Not all Mandalorians shared Satine's ideals of pacifism during the Clone Wars; there were factions like the Death Watch that were trying to do away with this. Also, it makes sense that the Mandalorians would want to give up their peaceful ways after having their planet turned to an inhospitable wasteland through yet another war. What else were they suppose to do?

That, and the retcon did away with Karen Traviss's works.

giving Skywalker a Padawan,

There are a lot of people that like Ahsoka.

changing Asajj Ventress from a Rattataki to a Dathomiri,

Which means little, really. It doesn't contradict the rest of her backstory, just her original race. Nothing more, nothing less.

resurrecting Eeth Koth who was supposed to have died at the Battle of Geonosis

Save for a few people, nobody really cared about Eeth Koth.

He was a worthless character- to prove that, Lucas KILLED HIM OFF.

No he wasn't. Darth Maul killed Qui-Gon Jinn, thus paving the way for a poorly trained Anakin.

There is no reason whatsoever for Filoni to go ripping apart Star Wars lore, there's even less reason to bring Maul back, and there's even less reason for anyone on earth to like it.

There is reason why Darth Maul should be brought back: he was cool, under-utilized, and can be developed as a character. Plus, people wanted him back even before his survival was revealed. That's also reason enough for people to like it.

And the whole "air-vent" survival is the most contrived garbage I've ever heard. First, the hole at which Darth Maul was slain- for he was slain- was a plasma mining conduit. There would be no air-vents. None.
Given that plasma generates heat, they were probably there to cool it.

Secondly, Darth Maul was sliced completely in half. No one- NO ONE- survives something like that, no matter how "powerful in the Force" (Darth Maul wasn't even remotely powerful, either). When he was cut in half, he was dead before even toppling into the abyss. Seriously, a crappy character shows up, spins a double-lightsaber and this is all it takes to make him the hero of children? This is why the other countries are winning.

Darth Maul lived during the golden age of the Jedi and defeated a Jedi Knight who could have very well become a Jedi Master if he weren't a gray Jedi. His survival doesn't even have to do with how powerful Maul was in the Force, but how much hatred he had. Like I said, look at Darth Sion or Simus.

Edited by Aitix

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. I thought Darth Maul's 'survival' was ridiculous, but then, as justification of this, I see posts claiming that Boba Fett and the Emperor survived as well?? ***?? When did this happen? Who are they going to bring back next? Obi-Wan? Darth Vader?

I think I'll stay away from these post-movie books and stick with the Old Republic..

As long as its below G-canon im alright with it.

But, all the Clone Wars episodes involving Darth Maul and his return were written by George Lucas' daughter, Katie Lucas (apparenetly she's written about 10 clone wars tv show episodes).

So, does that mean it's on the same level, because in a past interview George Lucas did say if he was going to turn over the Star Wars franchise to someone else it would be to his daughter.

Edited by Quiet

idk i can buy the survival after all maul is not Human, he is zabrak twisted by dathomiri magic , sith alchemy and his own dark hatred,

we dont know enough about Zabrak anatomy to determine his injuries were even fatal, or what kind of healing abilities he may have had, either through the dark side or innately due to all of the experiments that had been done on him,

if they can explain the fall in a believable way like a contaminant was detected in the shaft and automated filtration droids removed and disposed of it in the theed sanitation system placing his damaged body in a twisted mass of garbage aboard a ship destined for what ever forsaken hell he ended up on.

i for one am Really looking forward to him Challenging Dooku to attempt to regain his rightful place at sidious's side, there is soo much room for sith plotting and back stabbing here that it will be such a waste if he just hunts down kenobi and for a rematch and dies all over again

But, all the Clone Wars episodes involving Darth Maul and his return were written by George Lucas' daughter, Katie Lucas (apparenetly she's written about 10 clone wars tv show episodes).

So, does that mean it's on the same level, because in a past interview George Lucas did say if he was going to turn over the Star Wars franchise to someone else it would be to his daughter.

Messing with lore tends to annoy me as it does many of you it seems, but at the end of the day, SW is gonna have plot holes and things that just don't quite make sense, and personally I'll excuse a lot for a good story. Bless Lucas's daughter and everyone else responsible for that last Maul-as-Shelob-and-Gollum-combined episode. The last couple episodes struck me as the all-around best written, acted, animated, directed, etc. of the whole series so far. I actually forgave them, mostly, for the R2 and 3PO go-to-the-spa episode and the exceptionally, irritatingly meddlesome TCW Padme.

I don't care how Darth Maul is returing- his return is downright stupid. Darth Maul was NEVER EVER EVER EVER (this cannot be stressed enough) EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER supposed to be anything more than an animal- a convinent tool used by Darth Sidious simply to let the Jedi know that the Sith had returned. As if Dave Filoni (director of The Clone Wars) hadn't perverted the Star Wars universe enough (I.E. peaceful Mandalorians, killing Even Piell long before he was supposed to die, giving Skywalker a Padawan, making General Grievous a bumbling idiot, changing Asajj Ventress from a Rattataki to a Dathomiri, resurrecting Eeth Koth who was supposed to have died at the Battle of Geonosis) now they're bringing back a two-bit, fifteen-minutes-of-fame villian from a cruddy movie?? Darth Maul was a two-dimensinal character played by a two-dimensinal actor with less-than-impressive Kendo skills. Just because he has a saberstaff, 98.9 percent of Star Wars fans drooled over him, and are drooling over his return. He was a worthless character- to prove that, Lucas KILLED HIM OFF. There is no reason whatsoever for Filoni to go ripping apart Star Wars lore, there's even less reason to bring Maul back, and there's even less reason for anyone on earth to like it.

You Tell Them!!!! I suport this meesage

I read 1st post looked over some but all i got to say is if this is to be sw history people need to shut up about boba fett. he was armed and armored and the story of his escape was realistic, if a cut in half guy can live whats next..... jango feet didn't die, boba grabbed his head in the helmet and reattached it later thanx to a droid and force silly string....

I am all for boba fetts escape, and agree maul was a great character but instead of this "i survived being cut in half.... why not just give us a book leading up to his death and the mystery of who he was...

:confused:

its also important to remember that palpatine was on naboo when maul got cleaved in two, he was the senator for naboo and returned with padme, its very possible he did for maul what he did for vader and repaired his broken body, then exiled him for being a failure when he needed a more able bodied apprentice

this begs the question why would sidious go out of his way to make his defeated apprentices into cyborgs, why not just kill them

sidious did not really need anakin for anything, he wasnt trying to teach him the dark ways meant to keep those he cared about from dying as he promised, he just used vader as him thug to hunt down jedi and build a death ray to blow up whole worlds

sidious seems like a fairly shallow character, if the sith are fueled by passion what is his>? we know he cared about maul, he was his favorite apprentice at least according to the books and comics which might explain why he spared him instead of killing him, perhaps he knew that letting that hatred fester in exile would make him vastly more powerful

but how did anakin fit into any of it beyond being a sith enforcer>? did he serve simply as a source of genetic material and midichlorians for sidious to experiment with in order to create a new body from the will of the force or some such nonsense>?

There is a comic, that has Maul actually show up on Tatooine sometime after episode III. I can't remember if it Obi Wan that nails him or Owen Lars ending up shooting him.

Obi hesitates to kill Maul after being disarmed, so Lars shoots Maul in the face like a boss.

I had read somewhere that Maul was later knifed by an exotic Hutt dancer at a strip club on Tatooine, during a table dance gone wrong. They really mean it when they tell you to keep your hands to yourself.

I'm not sure which one of the fantastic star wars writers it was that wrote this, maybe it was the Ryder fellow someone mentioned earlier.

I am all for boba fetts escape, and agree maul was a great character but instead of this "i survived being cut in half.... why not just give us a book leading up to his death and the mystery of who he was...

:confused:

There already is a book like that, it's called The Wrath of Darth Maul.

DARTH MAUL IS BACK He rocked last nght

Darth Maul was the highlight of the prequels for me, not sure how I feel about him coming back...but....Dead to me now, saw a clip on AOTS with Witwer and the voice is just stupid.

You cannot tell me they couldn't of got Serafinowicz to do it!?!

Secondly, Darth Maul was sliced completely in half. No one- NO ONE- survives something like that...

This is simply not true.

There's a number of documented cases of real people being cut in half and surviving. It is a rare thing no doubt, but if a normal human can do it, then it's not at all unreasonable that someone like Maul could do the same thing.

Darth Maul is alive because.

"WE NEED MORE MONEY BRING BACK A DEATH COOL CHARACTER" TIME!

Has nothing to do with the dark side...his body is a *********** pulp at the end of the bottomless pit thing. Sure you can survive cut in half but how do you survive being cut in half for hours as you fall down a *********** bottomless pit?!

Its simply because they need more money. This is another reason I refuse to accept or watch The Clone Wars.

Edited by Bobinator

Well according to the laws, T-canon which is the TCW show is below G-canon. Unless GL himself stated that Maul survived or if that particular episode is written by him, then its not G-canon.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi