Where is our...

in 4 man it´s no problem, it´s easy to keep an eye on 4 "r" in partychat. but the more people the harder it gets, so you have to rely on something like dance emotes or mounts or whatever guilds invents as readycheck.

i dont know if it should be a priorityfix. But then again it cant take many minutes to make that bit of code. Dont know the first thing about coding, but if it´s hard to program a readycheck, no wonder the game is so bugged. Op´s must be near impossible to program.

in 4 man it´s no problem, it´s easy to keep an eye on 4 "r" in partychat. but the more people the harder it gets, so you have to rely on something like dance emotes or mounts or whatever guilds invents as readycheck.

i dont know if it should be a priorityfix. But then again it cant take many minutes to make that bit of code. Dont know the first thing about coding, but if it´s hard to program a readycheck, no wonder the game is so bugged. Op´s must be near impossible to program.

I cant imagine it would be horribly difficult for them to code a simple ready check. I cant even think of another MMO now days that DOESNT have a ready check.

I cant imagine it would be horribly difficult for them to code a simple ready check. I cant even think of another MMO now days that DOESNT have a ready check.

COME on bio, give us a ready check! it's not like we pay $15.00 a month...

DANG IT

• Dev Post

Many people in the studio are looking forward to a Ready Check system as well. We have one in the works, but unfortunately, I can't give an ETA. Rest assured we hear you and things are in motion.

Edited by JovethGonzalez

Many people in the studio are looking forward to a Ready Check system as well. We have one in the works, but unfortunately, I can't give an ETA. Rest assured we hear you and things are in motion.

Would it be possible for you to briefly explain the struggles you are having with the ready check as to why its taking 6months + to code? It must be harder than a roll feature because that is in?

I think that would make people a little more understanding as to why a small feature like this can't just be planned in for a weekly patch?

Roughly where is it in the features backlog? Weeks/Months out?

Edited by Solar_Breeze

Ready check? Really?

If you're serious about raiding, and you're in a group that's serious about raiding, then you'll have people who know what they need to do. You have a team that knows what they need to say.

Type "Afk" or "brb"

Raid leader will check the chat

ONLY The raid leader can signal when to start the fight

If the raid leader doesn't notice the text then they don't deserve the position for something so simple (but mistakes do happen)

If the raid member doesn't type it out then they're benched for wasting our time.

It's as simple as that. Get good or stop complaining. BioWare is too busy working on things that are important and content that they desperately need (**** I want to see) to cater to your casual laziness. Take your adderall and pay attention.

Edited by Dragonbgone

Can you promise it will be tested more then one week on your test server? After your group finder testing failed and was released with dozens of bugs I hope you now understand the importance of Polishing your features.

I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the lack of ready check and you guys still working on it and testing it. I use swtorcombatlogs.com for dps meters and it comes with a nice layover with yeah you guessed it a ready check. Now if a dedicated fan is able to program a working ready check and live dps meter for your game then what is taking the dev team so long to do something so simple?

Ready check? Really?

If you're serious about raiding, and you're in a group that's serious about raiding, then you'll have people who know what they need to do. You have a team that knows what they need to say.

Type "Afk" or "brb"

If the raid leader doesn't notice the text then they don't deserve the position for something so simple (but mistakes do happen)

If the raid member doesn't type it out then they're benched for wasting our time.

It's as simple as that. Get good or stop complaining. BioWare is too busy working on things that are important and content that they desperately need (**** I want to see) to cater to your casual laziness. Take your adderall and pay attention.

Your argument would be valid if people ONLY raided within their own guilds. However I and im sure many other people have a tendency to pug stuff where a leader may not always be paying attention. I can think of 2 occasions in the past month alone where I was in a pug raid said I was going AFK in ops chat came back 2 minutes later and found myself dead on the floor. Just because its never been an issue for you does not mean other players have not been frustrated by the lack of a ready check feature.

Certainly not top priority by any means. But seriously....what could possibly be so difficult about coding this :confused:

Ready check? Really?

Type "Afk" or "brb"

well thank you bio, :) that is enough for me, and this guy ^ isn't "serious about raiding", even if they know what they are doing, things always happen. and once again its more of a professional vs ghetto type of thing. meaning it is ghetto to be doing these /sit or /dance if you are all ready, or asking in vent in some sense of a role call, when you can be professional and click "ready check" 1sec later you get the results if the whole guild/pug are ready or not. it is cleaner this way... do not settle for the ghetto when you pay a sub.

Ready check on 24 or 40-man raid. I can get that, even though I have been doing 2 years of 24-man raid in a rather hardcore level (world first) without such thing and guess what, it was working. You just need some rules in your raid (which is anyway needed at such a level) and people to not go afk randomly.

However, for 8 man, come on ...

I truly hope developers have better things to do of their time.

Ready check on 24 or 40-man raid. I can get that, even though I have been doing 2 years of 24-man raid in a rather hardcore level (world first) without such thing and guess what, it was working. You just need some rules in your raid (which is anyway needed at such a level) and people to not go afk randomly.

developers.. what else can they do with their time? everything is already made before hand..

also...24?? lol what game is that?? and ive been doing 40mans, and 25 man raids in WoW than they made it to 10mans, so what are you talking about?

Cuz im sure its gona take the ENTIRE dev team MONTHS to implement a ready check. Comon dude. really? :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
Forgive my ignorance on the matter of developing... i really dont know... but is it REALLY that hard? considering some other things that are pretty basic implementations in games?

i can only assume that, they only focused on PvP roles? but than again...only fun Wz is hutt ball for me :rak_02:

also...24?? lol what game is that?? and ive been doing 40mans, and 25 man raids in WoW than they made it to 10mans, so what are you talking about?

24 man raids were eq2, which a lot of people would argue had more challenging raids then that of wow.

but this is about READY CHECK keep it in line

he is. he is just pointing out your ignorance in mmos which goes to your credibility or lack of. you are coming across as a person that has only played wow and thinks that all mmos need the tools that wow had. other mmos didn't as they had a player base more skilled and better behaved because of its content.

as a experienced player i find ready checks insulting as if i am not ready then what am i doing? if i need to let the dog out then i say afk need to let the dog out. if i need a bio i say such. i do NOT hold up my raid or group to get a beer. it was how i learned and was taught to play mmos.

it is all about manners and etiquette which your wow mmo didn't teach. people didn't care because of how the lfd system worked. this is sadly why you need a ready check and tells a lot about the people you choose to raid with. if your guild needs a ready check for raids then something is terribly wrong. we educate our guildies and people we group with as we did newbies in other mmos we played. this is one of many means to get both a good guild and player reputation and create a community. getting mad at people for going afk solves nothing but telling them "dude you need to say something in group or raid " does wonders.

it really isn't your fault either. blizzard did a great disservice to the general mmo player base in their greed. the better solution to your situation is education and not a tool to perpetuate the problems blizzard created with the very same tool that helped cause it.