Is it best to run only Rich yield missions?

Clayburn

If I'm sending everyone out, should I only go with Rich yield missions and instead spread my peeps over a few different grades? Or should I just pick a grade I need most and send 'em all out to the missions available, even down to pathetic yields?

Related question: is it better to put my high-influence folks on the rich and/or higher grade missions, or will their crit chance be higher if the difficulty is lower?

If you're just farming for the green and blue mats all missions of one grade will do, if you're farming the purple ones though then send your highest companions to rich and bountiful as they'll have higher chances of dropping something.

If I've understood it correctly, Rich and Bountifull are the only ones that yield purple mats. And yes, the higher the influence, the higher the chance. So OP, it depends what you're after. :)

Is the crit chance the same regardless of difficulty level?

For crafting, it also increases the odds, or at any rate, used to. One can fairly assume this is also true for mats.

I dont keep spreadsheets, but recently I've been running lowbie grade rich missions on my artificer's comps. I used to run only grade 10 & 9 and companions with 12-13 influence hardly ever gave me purple mats.

Now when I send them after grade 3 or 4 rich missions, they do crit - roughly half the time ! So I believe yes, chance to crit increases with "ease" of missions.

I reserve 30+ comps for endgame mat missions.

Also : only rich and bountiful missions can yield purples (thanks Psandak).

PSA : I have frowned upon the perk that shortens the time to give gifts because of the steep cost. How WRONG I was. :eek:

Ok its costs 2 or 3 millions per char, but you dish out gifts at a rate of 1 per second ! Pixel money is NOTHING next to my real time or the state of my nerves... Comps go up in no time (if you have a nice stash of gifts from alliance crates etc)

Edited by BenduKundalini

PSA : I have frowned upon the perk that shortens the time to give gifts because of the steep cost. How WRONG I was. :eek:

Ok its costs 2 or 3 millions per char, but you dish out gifts at a rate of 1 per second ! Pixel money is NOTHING next to my real time or the state of my nerves... Comps go up in no time (if you have a nice stash of gifts from alliance crates etc)

Indeed, it's great when you have stacks of gifts to distribute. I found out when certain gifts were cheap, and I decided to get all comps that favored those gifts to 50. That's a lot of work. :o

Edited by Eiter

• 2 weeks later...

cost and time per mat goes down significantly with the higher yeilds

Rich vs Bountiful Gather Skills 23%+ faster per mat, and 10%+ cheaper per mat

Rich vs Bountiful Mission Skills: 33%+ faster / purple mat, and 23%+ cheaper per purple mat

those percentage are minimum, and factor in crit rate

PSA:

all the good crafting stuff requires purples, and even with lvl 50 comps, you'll still be pulling about [ 5.5 : 1 ] blues to purples. crafting ratios being what they are, that means you'll have tons of spare blues even after you run out of purples... so it's not even worth counting them. Always run Mission skills as Rich (or Wealthy if you have a slicer alt, GTN prices for mission discoveries are ridiculous)