"The 6 degrees of premades" (with picture)

NoaFlux

Picture to Imageshack below. Double check by hoovering/inspecting element. It's authentic.

Just been thinking about these "6 degrees" a lot. The reason there is so much cheating, in my opinion, is because there are way too many outcomes for what's going on in the way of cheating. My diagram is in no way 100% accurate. It's just a thought. These are just possibilities of what it's like to play in a war zone and why there is so much confusion, cheating etc. It's for fun. Feel free to laugh, crit, or examine. Let me know what you think.

***The black lines are for the most part bad. They represent people communicating amongst them selves instead of the team, cheating via feeding information, cheating via letting each other win for coms, inspecting "nemesis" or hard to beat players than switching back to the other team etc. and more.

http://imageshack.us/a/img39/2575/thesixdegreesofpremades.jpg

Edited by NoaFlux

not trolling here...but wow...that may be one of the most confusing charts I've run across.....and I work in IT where some of the flow charts can fill a room if you printed them out.

I'm not even sure what your trying to say. First guess would be that you are saying the Empire will communicate faster if they see a pug group doing ranked?

I ran out of time and had to go play the game I just wanted to test it out. I have more work to do. The chart is about cheating, each line is someone talking to the opposite side during the match, using bots, inspecting common players while on the other faction, making deals with the opposite side. Whatever. It's about cheating premade groups mostly. But also other kinds of cheating.

You see the easiest way to cheat in SWTOR is not with hacking, it's the "classic" kind. Fixing matches, setting them up for coms, talking to the other side, it's about making deals, or just messing up matches by queing as a guild and sucking in puggers (not intentional).

Each line represents someone who is "connected" to some one from the opposing side possibly making the match unfair. Horizontally the two circles are faction vs faction and looking at them vertically it's faction vs opposing faction.

I will fix and repost sometime in the future.

Hope that makes it a little clearer now, thanks for the crit.

Edited by NoaFlux

what is this "cheating'" you speak of...The only cheat that has ever been recorded was the Ares Speed Hack that was patched in 1.2a i believe.

Or are you saying people are running alts to match up against their guildies so that their guild can power level? I wouldn't put that past people, however unless someone owns up to it that would be very difficult to prove.

what is this "cheating'" you speak of...The only cheat that has ever been recorded was the Ares Speed Hack that was patched in 1.2a i believe.

Or are you saying people are running alts to match up against their guildies so that their guild can power level? I wouldn't put that past people, however unless someone owns up to it that would be very difficult to prove.

They have owned up to it many times, and I have played in "cheating" groups. It's all debatable of course. People who play for coms don't always think it's cheating, they speak openly about it if you call them out. But if you get sucked in with them you are screwed, because they already decided to win or lose before u got there. They let each other win like this; one side wins, other side wins, one side wins, other side wins until they get all the coms they need. I lost ELO because I left a ranked group that was doing this.

But this isn't the only kind. Bio Ware once made a statement about people having multiple accounts, and multiple toons playing at the same time.

That's the whole point of my chart. It's to show all the different kinds of cheating, and how playing in WZ's is like a spider web that I would like BW do something about.

Edited by NoaFlux

I've PvP'd A LOT since go live and I've never seen anything that made me think a group of players on my WZ team are letting the other team win. I've seen some really awful play by individuals that could be seen as throwing the game if seen from a cynical point of view but never a group.

Sorry to sound condescending but I think this is a candidate for the tin foil hat brigade. Even if this was going on and to any real extent what could BW do about it? I don’t think anything could be done without investing a whole load of time and money into combating something that doesn’t really exist or if it does exist it is an insignificant inconvenience.

I've PvP'd A LOT since go live and I've never seen anything that made me think a group of players on my WZ team are letting the other team win. I've seen some really awful play by individuals that could be seen as throwing the game if seen from a cynical point of view but never a group.

Sorry to sound condescending but I think this is a candidate for the tin foil hat brigade. Even if this was going on and to any real extent what could BW do about it? I don’t think anything could be done without investing a whole load of time and money into combating something that doesn’t really exist or if it does exist it is an insignificant inconvenience.

I have been in matches where it seems as if our team is literally throwing the match. I don't doubt this is going on. I was able to understand the chart too and it makes since. You just have to think laterally and not in the linear. I saw this in WoW too. People with multiple accounts helping friends on the other side.

No one had to "make me think" they were cheating. I have been told multiple times that they were, and asked to participate. I also have friends who cheat with bot healers, on GW and have had people tell me they do that on here.

So it def happens. I have also read many times that the cheaters get on the blogs here and post threads about how it never happens. So lol. I don't even know if I can trust you. Obviously it happens, even Bio Ware admitted it in at least one way similar to what I was talking about.

I may only be a war hero, but I pvp with multiple guilds and their pre-mades and I have never heard of this kind of cheating, at least not intentionally. Sometimes you have 2 pre-mades of 4 and you get queued into seperate sides of the same faction vs same-faction warzone and everyone is too lazy to switch voice channels. In that very rare situation, yes, there's some benefit to hearing the other side.

Otherwise, I've never seen this "cheating" in ranked or non ranked matches. If it goes on, they are not very open about it.

I have only ever seen one incident that could give the impression something dodgy was going one but in and of itself isn't proof of behind the scenes collaboration between factions to fix a match. And it may also have just been something entirely different.

In essence in a pug match, two Rep players eagerly announced they would take the right (snow) turret in Civil War. So off they went whilst everyone else went mid and left (grass). They capped it with no problem apparently, then proceeded to guard. Then, a short while later at some pivotal point, with the Rep team winning with pretty much the entire Imp team still engaged with the rest of our side in mid/left, both of those 'eager' players, still right on their own doing guard duty left the warzone at the same time. No call ins, nothing.

A couple of seconds later that turret went red.

Did they both decide together to quit in a panic at the sight of one, possibly two imps coming their way. Did they get bored and decide as buddies to exit stage right together, damn their team mates ? Did they both get disconnected at the same time ? Or were they place holding for an Imp buddy to move in at the right moment ?

No idea....but that's about the only time I can ever recall something that might look like the kind of cheats you mention, in which not one, but two or more quitting at the same instant, thereby conveniently leaving a node open for the taking, at a key point.

Edited by Theagg

I have only ever seen one incident that could give the impression something dodgy was going one but in and of itself isn't proof of behind the scenes collaboration between factions to fix a match. And it may also have just been something entirely different.

In essence in a pug match, two Rep players eagerly announced they would take the right (snow) turret in Civil War. So off they went whilst everyone else went mid and left (grass). They capped it with no problem apparently, then proceeded to guard. Then, a short while later at some pivotal point, with the Rep team winning with pretty much the entire Imp team still engaged with the rest of our side in mid/left, both of those 'eager' players, still right on their own doing guard duty left the warzone at the same time. No call ins, nothing.

A couple of seconds later that turret went red.

Did they both decide together to quit in a panic at the sight of one, possibly two imps coming their way. Did they get bored and decide as buddies to exit stage right together, damn their team mates ? Did they both get disconnected at the same time ? Or were they place holding for an Imp buddy to move in at the right moment ?

No idea....but that's about the only time I can ever recall something that might look like the kind of cheats you mention, in which not one, but two or more quitting at the same instant, thereby conveniently leaving a node open for the taking, at a key point.

Putting my tinfoil hat to one side for a few minutes, IMHO I think it was 2 mates going into a WZ sticking together to cap a base then either wanting or needing to leave so left...Not very nice team play, downright bad form even but nothing more. Obviously I am guessing but in most things in life I play the percentages and my money is on that scenario.

As one guy has already stated the effort involved in setting up this supposed conspiracy massively exceeds any benefit.