Same answers in quests, all the time.....

ekyfoll

I just want to write it here, i really love this game and all that, but seriously, my charachter has said the same thing 324222 times in quests, can something be done here?

The voice over is pretty much ruined after you had one answer like "i do not fear you" with Jedi Knight for example.

All the time, when i click some answer, its : "I DO NOT FEAR YOU". Seriously......

You hyped the voice over and story, can you just go trough all the answers and remove the exact same ones, someday... I know it will probably be a lot of work, but leveling one character is basicly only time that you will have fun with that aspect, even in class quests i have the exact same words coming from my character, even tho a guy says something completely different and i click something funny for example.

A guy just said i will cut your face off, and i click "Can it"

Wonder what comes out of my chars mouth?

"I DO NOT FEAR YOU!"

Hahaha

I really like leveling alts, i have a few high level chars, and its always the same thing that is bothering me, same answers, most of the time.

Would be better to read the unique and fun answer than to hear a copy of one most of the time.

No hate, i really love to play this game more than any other mmo, that is why i am writing this, so you can take a look at it and improve it.

Thank you.

Edited by ekyfoll

Just think of it as TOR's equivalent of "I have a bad feeling about this" :-)

Hahahah yeah but that line at least has some star wars feel to it, and you can hear that one from the companions in this game a lot. :D

But all other classes have generic responses to some questions, i know it was easier to make it like that, so you dont have to do voice over for every response, but still, it gets really boring when you hear it so many times. :)

Its not a big issue its just a thing that bothers me a bit, and if they have time and resources, they might want to look at it someday.

I just want to write it here, i really love this game and all that, but seriously, my charachter has said the same thing 324222 times in quests, can something be done here?

The voice over is pretty much ruined after you had one answer like "i do not fear you" with Jedi Knight for example.

All the time, when i click some answer, its : "I DO NOT FEAR YOU". Seriously......

You hyped the voice over and story, can you just go trough all the answers and remove the exact same ones, someday... I know it will probably be a lot of work, but leveling one character is basicly only time that you will have fun with that aspect, even in class quests i have the exact same words coming from my character, even tho a guy says something completely different and i click something funny for example.

A guy just said i will cut your face off, and i click "Can it"

Wonder what comes out of my chars mouth?

"I DO NOT FEAR YOU!"

Hahaha

I really like leveling alts, i have a few high level chars, and its always the same thing that is bothering me, same answers, most of the time.

Would be better to read the unique and fun answer than to hear a copy of one most of the time.

No hate, i really love to play this game more than any other mmo, that is why i am writing this, so you can take a look at it and improve it.

Thank you.

There won't be a heart left beating.

There won't be a heart left beating.

lmao!! i kno right that used to irritate me soo much lol but i realised it is more of a sub for a more preferred line. like ive retried a few missions before and the other answers are often more unique. i feel like these lines are often reused when ur aimin for a certain alignment option.

Yeah, thank you for giving us some more examples, couldnt remember all of them, i played maybe 5 different classes, and saw that all of them have the same issue with conversations. :D

It sucks, especially when you finish your first char, you basicly start waiting for "that" answer on every other char. Bleh. :(

I honestly love some of them; Like...

"Murder and mayhem await." - Sith Inquisitor

"You're a friendly one, aren't you?" - Sith Inquisitor

"I'll be stained in blood from head to toe." - Imperial Agent

"I've been looking for a reason to get into a scrap." - Imperial Agent

- - - -

Always cracks me up. :D

I like a lot of them. Sometimes they are generic or they are a bit off on being a response to some quest-giver's lines but most are perfect.

Besides, no one can get tired of this Sith Inquisitor line:

"Yawn..."

No, most are not perfect, clicking a funny answer and getting "i do not fear you" sucks so bad, it makes you just skip the rest of the conversation every time.

Inquisitor and Agent are ok, and smuggler is nice too, but still, it gets boring after so many times, and there is nothing GOOD about it, its just less annoying with those classes.

Yeah, there are a few of these in each class....after a while I started getting good at recognizing what option would have them - and picked another on just to say something different. Because even though you often find a repeated line, almost always there is at least one entirely unique and relevant one.

Of course every class has a class related line...like "Now you'll see what a Sith can do!" and "Get ready to see how Intelligence handles things!" I hate those, lol.

"I will bring them to their knees." - Sith Warrior

"I really am the best." - Sith Inquisitor

Those are the ones I hear the most as my boyfriend and I level our SW and SI together. My agent loves to say, "Where do I fit in?" but that's already been covered.

I do wish they'd say something else, but the fact that they say the same things over and over again makes it hilarious when they do say something different. (Such as SW saying sarcastically, "I speak basic...")

With my (short lived) Trooper, I haven't even left Ord Mantell and I was already alergic at the phrase "My duty is to serve the Republic".

"Sounds dangerous - but I'm willing to take a risk" is another IA frequent one, but unlike aforementioned "How do I fit in?", I actually like this one.

As it should be...with the Warrior. How I loathe that line.

You are one messed up individual

I love that smuggler line...I loved it a lot more the first time I heard it when talking to a Hutt and a lot less the second and third and so on, but still that's my favourite of the repeated lines....as it should be.