Whats up with the gear drops in operations?

First off i love the idea that gear is assigned to certian people i think its a good system but it is currently very buggy. (im sure you know this) but when healers are getting DPS gear and tanks are getting healing gear theres something very wrong. As the masterlooter i dont have the option to fix this. Either try to fix the issue for the wrong gear going to the wrong person or make it so the master Looter can hand the gear off to someone else if that person dosent want or need it.

Skuff

First off i love the idea that gear is assigned to certian people i think its a good system but it is currently very buggy. (im sure you know this) but when healers are getting DPS gear and tanks are getting healing gear theres something very wrong. As the masterlooter i dont have the option to fix this. Either try to fix the issue for the wrong gear going to the wrong person or make it so the master Looter can hand the gear off to someone else if that person dosent want or need it.

Skuff

I guess you don't realize, but the name on the token is irrelevant. It's good for any of the set items for that class (ie. tank, dps or healing set). When you go to trade it in take a look, the "1" next to the other sets will also be green enabling you to trade it in. It's the same with PVP Gear tokens.

I guess you don't realize, but the name on the token is irrelevant. It's good for any of the set items for that class (ie. tank, dps or healing set). When you go to trade it in take a look, the "1" next to the other sets will also be green enabling you to trade it in. It's the same with PVP Gear tokens.

Not all drops from operations are tokens.

I guess you dont realize evey item that drops isnt a token. and it may be good gear for my class but when im a healer (sage) and im getting gear for a shadow or my Trooper tank is getting healing gear it get frustrating. When things like that happen that gear we get ends up sold to a vendor so its just a waste.

Why do you need master loot if you are running with guild members? Set it to Need/Greed. Establish loot rules. Need for gear you are going to use for your character, Greed for companions. If you don't need a thing, then pass on the damn gear. It's not rocket science....get your head out of your asses and learn this isn't WoW. If you are pugging operations, then you must be doing it with friends...because most people aren't even lvl 50 yet on most servers. Most servers have 6 or less lvl 50's on them...Are you people really that stupid and naive?

Why do you need master loot if you are running with guild members? Set it to Need/Greed. Establish loot rules. Need for gear you are going to use for your character, Greed for companions. If you don't need a thing, then pass on the damn gear. It's not rocket science....get your head out of your asses and learn this isn't WoW. If you are pugging operations, then you must be doing it with friends...because most people aren't even lvl 50 yet on most servers. Most servers have 6 or less lvl 50's on them...Are you people really that stupid and naive?

what are you even talking about? Normal mode operations auto-assign loot.

LOL pot meet kettle :p

Where are the loot bags? To me, loot bags means just that.... BAGS. In our last 16 man operation, you click on the boss's corpse to loot and only a select few people received any loot.

Where's the loot? If everyone is suppose to receive a loot bag, there needs to be loot in it. I don't call commendations loot. Even if it is greens or blues to sell to PAY YOUR HIGH REPAIR BILL we need loot in the bags (if we ever receive bags).

Also, if the operation is master looted, it should be just that... master looted for everything. Give operation leaders the ability to choose how loot is distributed.

So much ignorance and idiocy in this post it is astounding.

Wait what!

"Most servers have 6 or less lvl 50's on them"

I dont know which servers you are talking about my friend but nowadays people have multiple 50s to run raids let alone few 50s on entire server.

BTW do you even know what OP is talking about lol

Edited by Yummymango

Just to clear things up. in normal Ops Loot is assigned, the master looter cant give loot to anyone unless it is not assigned. (which is only patterns). I play a sage healer and i have been getting DPS gear that i wont use but the other sage in the group can, but there is no way to give it to them. Same thing for our trooper tank, hes been getting healing gear and our trooper healer gets the shaft.

If it's not tiered gear, it shouldn't really matter too much as that's what you're after and that's what is auto-assigned.

The last time we did Karraga's, 4/5 dropped an epic relic which gives a good proc to healing done and assigned it to our tank.

If it's not tiered gear, it shouldn't really matter too much as that's what you're after and that's what is auto-assigned.

You have it wrong. The only loot that is assigned is tiered gear. This included Tionese, Columi, and Rakata. The only loot I've seen so far that is not auto assigned is schematics and dropped crafting mats.

You have it wrong. The only loot that is assigned is tiered gear. This included Tionese, Columi, and Rakata. The only loot I've seen so far that is not auto assigned is schematics and dropped crafting mats.

If you're playing HM or NM, master looter works as intended (besides bugging out sometimes, so you have to give the players who get items leader+ml so they can take their items for themselves). It's only in normal mode that items get assigned, most likely to prevent ninjaing items when PUGing operations. Since Rakata starts dropping in HM, it shouldn't get assigned randomly to a player in any case (or other stuff for that matter) - only if you forgot to set the loot mode.

My question is how do people in HM's and NM's decide who gets the loot if 2 people tie for it depending on what kind of loot system you use since you can't /roll, do you duel to the death for it?

Easy answer: Loot council.

Obviously doesn't work if you play with a GM and/or officers who are total *****s or people who can't stand the thought of getting no chance at an item in this particular raid week.

Or Need vs. Greed which means rolling for it, naturally doesn't work well with derps who roll on wrong items or on items that aren't an upgrade for them.

Edited by WakeXT

So you're saying just deal with it? Great solution

Yes, I am saying just deal with it. If you played WoW at all, you would realize the number of times a boss was killed and pieces dropped that nobody could even think of using.....

If you are a healer and are complaining about a dps drop that is assigned to you, just consider that it gives you more options.

I am not claiming it is at all perfect, but honestly complaining about loot drops that sometimes people cannot use seems kinda silly, consider the other games I have played at endgame.

One also has to remember that the current system completely removes the chance of ninja looting on gear. The only thing that is left up for master loot are biometric crystal alloys that may drop.

Edited by Canarith