Unfinishable HM FP's

Hey thanks, BioWare for making a flashpoint that can not be finished if you're running a comp of double melee. So awesome to get to the final boss in False Emperor and not be able to finish this stupid crap because we can't knock back the boss off the ledge.

Super appreciate all the great Q&A you guys have done to ensure a quality gaming experience.

I've 1 shot that boss every time on HM since I first killed him..but I admit I haven't done him in a week so maybe he broke?

You need 2 knock backs, back to back.

He'll cast, first knock back interrupts, second knock back pushes him off.

If he cast's again before the second knock back then you did it wrong.

Are you doing this?

PS, this belongs in the Flashpoint/Operation thread..not general discussion.

Edited by Slomoshun

The boss becomes immune to damage so you're wrong in being able to burn the boss down with DPS. Furthermore, you have to knock the boss off the ledge and it can not be done with two marauders in the group. Edited by Aleeha

The boss becomes immune to damage so you're wrong in being able to burn the boss down with DPS. Furthermore, you have to knock the boss off the ledge and it can not be done with two marauders in the group.

Or one Merc BH, if spec'd correctly.

Actually he doesnt cast his lightning if he still has somebody to choke and chase.. Many times we have had 1 of our members in the CC bout to be chased... And he has been killed during the chase. He does not go immune if he is preparing to chase people.

Actually he doesnt cast his lightning if he still has somebody to choke and chase.. Many times we have had 1 of our members in the CC bout to be chased... And he has been killed during the chase. He does not go immune if he is preparing to chase people.

Chase people? wth are you talking about.

-Tank boss against wall on steps everyone grouped up - avoids knockbacks/helps with healing.

-When he gets to w/e percent that phase 2 starts drag him to the edge, with the tanks back to a pillar, so he doesn't get knocked off.

-He casts "force lightning" or w/e it's called, do first knock-back which interrupts his cast, then IMMEDIATELY do second knock-back to push him off edge..

Very simple.

Edited by Slomoshun

I've 1 shot that boss every time on HM since I first killed him..but I admit I haven't done him in a week so maybe he broke?

You need 2 knock backs, back to back.

He'll cast, first knock back interrupts, second knock back pushes him off.

If he cast's again before the second knock back then you did it wrong.

Are you doing this?

PS, this belongs in the Flashpoint/Operation thread..not general discussion.

Double melee - marauder's do NOT have a knock back and we do not have a stun which will affect a boss. Smash only affects standard.

-Tank boss against wall on steps everyone grouped up - avoids knockbacks/helps with healing.

-When he gets to w/e percent that phase 2 starts drag him to the edge, with the tanks back to a pillar, so he doesn't get knocked off.

-He casts "force lightning" or w/e it's called, do first knock-back which interrupts his cast, then IMMEDIATELY do second knock-back to push him off edge..

Very simple.

OMG, READ PLEASE, We do NOT have KNOCK BACKS as marauders.. What part of that isn't clear and you're not able to understand? We have two in our group and did not know when we started this that you can NOT have two melee dps in your group in order to complete this FP.

This is my gripe!!

Very simple.

When i say chase.. I mean CC everybody then attack the person Not CC'd. If he dies during this phase, He does not need to go off the edge. Even the phase when the 1 person is stunned and the rest are about to be. You can kill him any time during this 30 second time frame.

Yeah I mean its not like they fix anything.

OH WAIT http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=1663721

The False Emperor

• Tregg no longer immediately initiates his whirlwind attack after leaping to a player target. Players now have more time to react and avoid whirlwind damage.
  • Corrected an issue that caused Jindo Krey to randomly target players with his blaster attack. He now focuses those attacks on his primary target, making him “tankable” as intended.
  • Players can now acquire special Pulse Grenades outside of Darth Malgus’ throne room. These grenades aid groups lacking knockback abilities in defeating him.

[/Quote]

Edited by Saice

Double melee - marauder's do NOT have a knock back and we do not have a stun which will affect a boss. Smash only affects standard.

You know, you should put some thought into group make up for things like that, it makes all the difference.

it's not "double melee" that does not work. It's when you choose a combination of marauder or operative dps only combined with an operative healer (afaik all tanks and all other specs have knockbacks).

Now you could ***** about foundry and how revan is only killable with some very specific setups and strategies

He is totally right... Malgus will have one solo phase with each party member.. kill him before he finishes the 4th one and your problem is solved as well. You won't have to kick him off the ledge.

OMG, READ PLEASE, We do NOT have KNOCK BACKS as marauders.. What part of that isn't clear and you're not able to understand? We have two in our group and did not know when we started this that you can NOT have two melee dps in your group in order to complete this FP.

This is my gripe!!

So what was your other 2? BH have knockback, IA have knockback of sorts, juggs have knockback and inquis have knocback

Tanks can solo punt Malgus when he does his lightning.

This is not a problem.

how? i ran it today, but as malgus cast his lightning our inquisitor dps did his knockback but it didnt seem to do anything, i just immediately did my force push afterwards and it sent him flying. thought it was just that the first knockback didnt trigger his fallin down animation, but if you say tanks can push him off alone, that would explain it.

how? i ran it today, but as malgus cast his lightning our inquisitor dps did his knockback but it didnt seem to do anything, i just immediately did my force push afterwards and it sent him flying. thought it was just that the first knockback didnt trigger his fallin down animation, but if you say tanks can push him off alone, that would explain it.

You need 2 knockbacks, one for interrupting him and the second for pushing him down. I'm a shadow tank I can do it solo by force kicking to interrupt and force wave to knocback. The only instance I can think of you not being able to do it is 2 sentinel/marauders and a scoundrel/operative healer combo and a tank OTHER THAN an assassin/shadow which is a very small possibility.