Gilded Flutterplume

Andrew_TS

After searching tirelessly, it seems as though Wal-mart has inactivated their 2400 Cartel Coin Cards that offer a Gilded Flutterplume. (IE: They no longer carry this item.) In fact, the store in my area has clearanced out all of there SWTOR merchandise and the sales manager I spoke with tells me that this store location had never actually sold the CC Cards. The only place I find anything for SWTOR is on their website where you can get a copy of the game for $9.04 and a 60-Day Game Card for $23.36, however, NO CC Card w/Gilded Flutterplume. All other outlets such as eBay have this card available for sale either.

I have been a subscribing customer since launch. I have purchased several 5500 CC Packs from swtor.com. There are also several members of my guild that have been attempting to get the Wal-mart CC Card as well for several months now, two of which have spent more money on CC Packs then any one person should be allowed to spend imo. Now that we have discovered that Wal-mart no longer carries these cards, it appears these pets will no longer be obtainable.

It is my recommendation that another way to get the Gilded Flutterplume is offered. If EA's goal in offering this incentive at Wal-mart was to get people talking about SWTOR and going to Wal-mart, your marketing ploy is failing miserably. If an alternate means of achieving these type of incentives cannot or will not be offered, this may become the straw that breaks the camel's back for many guildies and myself. We are already very upset with your random junk system in all your cartel packs. There are also many aspects of game play that are bugged or otherwise imbalanced. It is sad to say, but it seems that SWTOR is quickly becoming a dead game and if EA has any hopes of keeping this game alive, they need to offer all of their incentives free of other company sponsorship, such as Wal-Mart and the Gilded Flutterplume.

I will finish by saying this, now that the Gilded Flutterplume is unattainable, either make it attainable again, along with other incentives of this sort, or start losing your player base, myself included.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wal-mart is the ghetto of marketing strategy and incentive. I suggest maybe a card through Gamestop. Not that they're any better since most of their products are over-priced, even for used games.

I think SWTOR will continue to lose its player base mainly to the fact that there's not enough content, and there's just repetitive trolling as well as e-peen flexing. Game use to be fun, I've lost my interest as well. Won't be resubbing after my next 60 days die out.

FFXIV ARR even in beta has me hooked in comparison to SWTOR. As addicted as I was to this game, it's on its dying breath.

Wal-mart is the ghetto of marketing strategy and incentive. I suggest maybe a card through Gamestop. Not that they're any better since most of their products are over-priced, even for used games.

You're totally missing the point, the card from Gamestop is a completely different pet.

I agree with OP, a friend of mine has been trying to get the Walmart card for me without success. There's also the other pet that has never been available, the one that supposedly was going to be Target?? The Crested Orokeet.

As an avid Collector, the fact that Collections/Achievements are filled with unattainable items is incredibly frustrating. Pets, titles, outfits and crystals that cannot ever be obtained. Either give us a way to get them, or prune Collections!

That said, I totally disagree with Pancakesninja and I still love TOR. So I am gonna show that love by continuing to nag until things like this are fixed :D

I know it's a small thing, BW, but remember that a lot of your players care fanatically about stuff like this! I have had a hell of a time getting these pets as I don't live in the US or Europe. I now have 4/6 and I want the others please!

PS If anyone has a Walmart card not yet used, pls PM me. I will pay REAL MONEY :D

Edited by CrazyMcGee

You're totally missing the point, the card from Gamestop is a completely different pet.

I agree with OP, a friend of mine has been trying to get the Walmart card for me without success. There's also the other pet that has never been available, the one that supposedly was going to be Target?? The Crested Orokeet.

As an avid Collector, the fact that Collections/Achievements are filled with unattainable items is incredibly frustrating. Pets, titles, outfits and crystals that cannot ever be obtained. Either give us a way to get them, or prune Collections!

That said, I totally disagree with Pancakesninja and I still love TOR. So I am gonna show that love by continuing to nag until things like this are fixed :D

I know it's a small thing, BW, but remember that a lot of your players care fanatically about stuff like this! I have had a hell of a time getting these pets as I don't live in the US or Europe. I now have 4/6 and I want the others please!

PS If anyone has a Walmart card not yet used, pls PM me. I will pay REAL MONEY :D

I'm not missing any point. My suggestion was to put a card in at gamestop. I know they already have one and I'm fully aware it's a different pet. However, the suggestion was to put a card in at gamestop that allows you to obtain the pet. Clearly you missed that.

My wife tried collecting all four: 1 from Amazon.com, 1 from Target, 1 from Walmart & 1 from Best Buy. The only one she actually received was from Best Buy. The other three said they were sold out (the day after the pets were announced), and what she received from Best Buy (after numerous phone calls and teeth pulling) was a disappointment to her.

This was not a well-oiled promotion.

Edited by GalacticKegger

99% sure my walmart still carries them, I'll check and get back to you.

After searching tirelessly, it seems as though Wal-mart has inactivated their 2400 Cartel Coin Cards that offer a Gilded Flutterplume. (IE: They no longer carry this item.) In fact, the store in my area has clearanced out all of there SWTOR merchandise and the sales manager I spoke with tells me that this store location had never actually sold the CC Cards. The only place I find anything for SWTOR is on their website where you can get a copy of the game for $9.04 and a 60-Day Game Card for $23.36, however, NO CC Card w/Gilded Flutterplume. All other outlets such as eBay have this card available for sale either.

I have been a subscribing customer since launch. I have purchased several 5500 CC Packs from swtor.com. There are also several members of my guild that have been attempting to get the Wal-mart CC Card as well for several months now, two of which have spent more money on CC Packs then any one person should be allowed to spend imo. Now that we have discovered that Wal-mart no longer carries these cards, it appears these pets will no longer be obtainable.

It is my recommendation that another way to get the Gilded Flutterplume is offered. If EA's goal in offering this incentive at Wal-mart was to get people talking about SWTOR and going to Wal-mart, your marketing ploy is failing miserably. If an alternate means of achieving these type of incentives cannot or will not be offered, this may become the straw that breaks the camel's back for many guildies and myself. We are already very upset with your random junk system in all your cartel packs. There are also many aspects of game play that are bugged or otherwise imbalanced. It is sad to say, but it seems that SWTOR is quickly becoming a dead game and if EA has any hopes of keeping this game alive, they need to offer all of their incentives free of other company sponsorship, such as Wal-Mart and the Gilded Flutterplume.

I will finish by saying this, now that the Gilded Flutterplume is unattainable, either make it attainable again, along with other incentives of this sort, or start losing your player base, myself included.

Just to let you know, Walmart is not carrying SWTOR products in all markets. There are several Walmarts in my state that do not have the physical cards out for sale. You actually have to provide a Walmart employee with the UPC code to look up, and depending on the store they may provide you with either a Cartel Coin Card code or with an actual physical Cartel Coin card from the back. Why they don't simply have them out and accessible is beyond me and the employees are clueless unless you provide them with the UPC (same can be said for all the other stores carrying the Cartel Coin cards.) My suggestion is to call and check with multiple Walmarts, and ask employees to look up UPC/SKU # 079936604974 to see if they have it in stock. I hope this helps, and may the force be with you. :jawa_smile:

Edited by dakajojo

I'm not missing any point. My suggestion was to put a card in at gamestop. I know they already have one and I'm fully aware it's a different pet. However, the suggestion was to put a card in at gamestop that allows you to obtain the pet. Clearly you missed that.

Yup, sorry, my bad, totally misunderstood what you were saying.

Just to let you know, Walmart is not carrying SWTOR products in all markets. There are several Walmarts in my state that do not have the physical cards out for sale. You actually have to provide a Walmart employee with the UPC code to look up, and depending on the store they may provide you with either a Cartel Coin Card code or with an actual physical Cartel Coin card from the back. Why they don't simply have them out and accessible is beyond me and the employees are clueless unless you provide them with the UPC (same can be said for all the other stores carrying the Cartel Coin cards.) My suggestion is to call and check with multiple Walmarts, and ask employees to look up UPC/SKU # 079936604974 to see if they have it in stock. I hope this helps, and may the force be with you. :jawa_smile:

I did take the UPC/SKU to the Wal-mart employee. The the CC Card is a discontinued item. I have worked for Wal-mart in the past and know that if the system says the item is discontinued then it is discontinued at all Wal-marts. Otherwise the employee would simple be able to order some. If there are any Wal-marts still carrying any of these, it is only because they have not sold them yet. Wal-mart, as a whole, has discontinued the CC Card. Thus, my OP still stands.

The EU cards/codes also seem to make trouble as well. For example, the shop from which I purchased my codes says "out of stock" for several weeks now. I don't know how they can run out of codes (no actual card involved), but I have the feeling that they don't want to sell the codes anymore.

I am still looking for the Gilded Flutterplume. Managed to make trades with all other US cards. But now I have nothing to offer for a trade anymore. :confused:

I did take the UPC/SKU to the Wal-mart employee. The the CC Card is a discontinued item. I have worked for Wal-mart in the past and know that if the system says the item is discontinued then it is discontinued at all Wal-marts. Otherwise the employee would simple be able to order some. If there are any Wal-marts still carrying any of these, it is only because they have not sold them yet. Wal-mart, as a whole, has discontinued the CC Card. Thus, my OP still stands.

I was able to get the walmart one but gamestop claims they are discontinued...target has never heard of them

Bioware wants you to buy these but has shown zero interest in you actually being able to find them. Is making money really that distasteful to them? Maybe we could get a dev answer about this? are ther discontinued or is marketing in a coma?

I was able to get the walmart one but gamestop claims they are discontinued...target has never heard of them

Bioware wants you to buy these but has shown zero interest in you actually being able to find them. Is making money really that distasteful to them? Maybe we could get a dev answer about this? are ther discontinued or is marketing in a coma?

You assume that BioWare has anything to do with it.

The last I checked, BioWare did not control what other retailers carried in stock.

They can offer it to them and make agreements to sell it, but if those retailers don't want it for whatever reason (usually because they can't make enough money off it), they aren't going to continue to stock it.

Shelf space is a valuable commodity in the retail world and if the product that occupies that space doesn't have a sufficient return on the store's investment, they dump the stock they have and don't place orders for more of it.

I called two local Walmarts here in Arizona before making my original response to you. I asked them if the item was discontinued and they stated they had them in stock with no indication of them being discontinued (they could be wrong, but I digress.) As I said, the merchandise wasn't made available in all markets - which may have been solely on Walmart's end. Unless BW has decided to discontinue physical Cartel Coin Card sales in favor of the in-game option coming soon, I really have no explanation for your experience.

I am a pet collector myself, so I do understand your frustration.

Eric, if you are lurking, it'd be nice for you to address this...

You assume that BioWare has anything to do with it.

The last I checked, BioWare did not control what other retailers carried in stock.

They can offer it to them and make agreements to sell it, but if those retailers don't want it for whatever reason (usually because they can't make enough money off it), they aren't going to continue to stock it.

Shelf space is a valuable commodity in the retail world and if the product that occupies that space doesn't have a sufficient return on the store's investment, they dump the stock they have and don't place orders for more of it.

bioware can tell us if something has actually been released and is still for sale. one simple email...not all that difficult.

Having tried since May to find this particular card/code from Walmart, I side with originator of this post. Bioware will claim no responsibility.

I've played this game since launch, left for 6 months, returned in 12/2012 and have remained loyal to SWTOR but there is a limit to a consumer's patience. The limited content for subscribers is waning. One has to wonder if Bioware is even listening to a fan base.

After the past months of looking intently at Best Buy, Gamestop and Walmart, I've enlisted some help to trade.

Wish it had been a better deal for subscribers.

The Wal Marts in my area have them all the time ive gotten one but no more since i dont know if u can use more then one since it has the pet attacthed
You can use more than one of the same card because it still gives you Cartel Coins but you won't get another pet from it.

To be fair, just cause its not in one store, doesn't mean its not in the other one across town. My local Walmart doesn't have any SWTOR items, but the Target store just up the hill from it has SWTOR boxes, game time cards, and last time I was there, there was even a card or two. And everytime I go, they are fully stocked.

And to add, BioWare doesn't really control this stuff. Its all marketing teams. So really, the guy who designs new planets really has no say over what Walmart sells at their store. I just wanna throw that out there because a lot of people seem to not realize that.

To all the people talking about best buy and gamestop: They don't have physical cards, don't look for them, don't ask for them. Best Buy is through their DLC kiosk, and Gamestop has to print them off, EVERY gamestop has access to them, so if one tells you that they don't they are either stupid or don't wanna be bothered to, only Best Buys with these kiosks have them, so if your's doesn't, then you're out of luck.

btw, confirmed that my walmart does indeed still carry the SWTOR cards.

• 4 weeks later...