Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ - Road Map 2017

EricMusco

I was curious, too, so I checked on this and found Rocket Boots work on a different system, and won't benefit from the boost. Basically, the boots ignore areas where we typically cannot use a mount, so for now, we decided not to extend the speed increase to this perk.

Thanks for asking. If it makes sense to change this in the future we'll let everyone know.

---Keith

Why not malking a invisible Cartellmarket mount based on the animation of the rocket boost for those outside areas?

i would love to see that beautiful jetpack animation of some mando armours as a mount ingame (e.g. shae vizla armor) a lot of guys would spend some cc on that ;)

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will this new flashpoint that is coming out have a story mode, so everyone will be able to continue their story? Would be a shame, as it is i cant do the operation, to finish my story at moment. Does this mean i wont even be able to progress with the new content?

• Dev Post
No news on ranked rewards? :o
Yah, I owe you that! Let me track this down and get the information posted. But when, Keith? Good question - if I say today or tomorrow, and not make it, then I'll be in the dumper...uggh, ok, let's say by Wednesday next week, after the Patch! That's it - Wednesday, uhh, late!

Keith, I have a question: in the Roadmap you say the team is considering more character customization options, does that also include appearance customization options for our toons? Having more variety in player appearance customization is always a great thing. Is it possible we could see new eye colours like the Valkorion/Acina Dark Side Corruption Eye Colour (which is so beautifully designed I'd love to see on my Sith characters) for all species? Or new faces for all species? Edited by Ylliarus

• Dev Post
Will this new flashpoint that is coming out have a story mode, so everyone will be able to continue their story? Would be a shame, as it is i cant do the operation, to finish my story at moment. Does this mean i wont even be able to progress with the new content?
The Flashpoint will have Solo/Story, Veteran, and Master modes. In fact, any new Flashpoints will have all three modes.

Could you clarify on craftable 246? The roadmap says "Armor", does that mean only Synthweaving and Armormech would be getting new schematics?

Or will we get a full array of craftable 246 gear? (mods/enhancements/hilts/barrels/relics/implants/earpiece)

Edited by Eli_Porter

• Dev Post
Rocket boost guys. It's rocket boost. Just because flames come out the soles of your feet doesn't mean the language has changed. Put your little mouse over the icon and practice reading.
Hahaha! You're so right, but I need to get that typo fixed! :)

@Keith, is there any chance the dev team will address the utter lack of PvP on Iokath, which is constantly advertised as being the hub of PvP in emails, promotions, etc? There's almost never more than 2 people in the PvP instance because you've given players the option to be immune to PvP in there.

Is this going to get addressed, or just quietly ignored and removed much like vanilla Ilum?

The Flashpoint will have Solo/Story, Veteran, and Master modes. In fact, any new Flashpoints will have all three modes.

Any chances of going back and adding story modes to those Flashpoints that don't have it? Like, the two Rakghoul Flashpoints Kaon under Siege and Lost Island actually have a little storyline going on, but they have no story modes.

Any chances of going back and adding story modes to those Flashpoints that don't have it? Like, the two Rakghoul Flashpoints Kaon under Siege and Lost Island actually have a little storyline going on, but they have no story modes.

It'd be funny if they took those two (easily the hardest flashpoints in the game aside from Rishi) and made them as difficult as, say, the hardest Eternal Championship fights, or even harder, for their solo modes.

It'd be a fun challenge, and since they're technically "optional" story, people would be able to ignore them if it's too hard to go through with them.

Still no mention of the Preview Window bug. Any word on when it will get fixed?

It's kinda annoying since a very large part of the game revolves around outfits/character customization.

Edited by micnevv

Hahaha! You're so right, but I need to get that typo fixed! :)

Well, for once i wasn't trying to speak directly to the dev team :p That was directed at everyone in that thread who kept saying rocket boots!

Yah, I owe you that! Let me track this down and get the information posted. But when, Keith? Good question - if I say today or tomorrow, and not make it, then I'll be in the dumper...uggh, ok, let's say by Wednesday next week, after the Patch! That's it - Wednesday, uhh, late!

The dev the game deserves! <3

@Keith, is there any chance the dev team will address the utter lack of PvP on Iokath, which is constantly advertised as being the hub of PvP in emails, promotions, etc? There's almost never more than 2 people in the PvP instance because you've given players the option to be immune to PvP in there.

Is this going to get addressed, or just quietly ignored and removed much like vanilla Ilum?

I haven't done Iokath yet. Been lazy about it. So it's not like Outlaw's Den where your forced into PvP mode by entering the area? Its like how it would be where you can toggle PvP on or off?

I haven't done Iokath yet. Been lazy about it. So it's not like Outlaw's Den where your forced into PvP mode by entering the area? Its like how it would be where you can toggle PvP on or off?

Yup. There were way too many demands that Iokath be a world where PvE can be toggled on or off. So it's entirely useless to hope for PvP there. The only people in the PvP instance are the ones who want to farm mats and mobs without being interrupted by others..... because of how empty it is. Is that irony or what? Lmao

I still don't get why there was so much pressure. We have TWO areas in the entire GAME that "force" PvP on you,Outlaw's Den, and the South End of Ilum Western Ice Shelf. There are literally dozens of daily areas, Section X, Black Hole, Oricon, Rishi (I think? Or one other planety from SoR, I forget), Yavin 4, Voss, Makeb, and every planet with the heroics, every event has a non-PvP daily area (and there is almost always some event active), and yet people demanded that Bioware give yet another PvE daily area.

Absurd in my opinion. Simply forcing PvP in the area, or even adding in objectives that greatly increase the rewards there would have made the planet the actual PvP-world it's false advertised to be.

^ I second this! Almost all of the 1-50 FP's that don't have story modes could really benefit from them, and maybe we could get a solo mode to the finales for the Macrobinocular and seeker droid missions? :p (Which reminds me, why did Directive 7 get a solo mode?)

Yup. There were way too many demands that Iokath be a world where PvE can be toggled on or off. So it's entirely useless to hope for PvP there. The only people in the PvP instance are the ones who want to farm mats and mobs without being interrupted by others..... because of how empty it is. Is that irony or what? Lmao

I still don't get why there was so much pressure. We have TWO areas in the entire GAME that "force" PvP on you,Outlaw's Den, and the South End of Ilum Western Ice Shelf. There are literally dozens of daily areas, Section X, Black Hole, Oricon, Rishi (I think? Or one other planety from SoR, I forget), Yavin 4, Voss, Makeb, and every planet with the heroics, every event has a non-PvP daily area (and there is almost always some event active), and yet people demanded that Bioware give yet another PvE daily area.

Absurd in my opinion. Simply forcing PvP in the area, or even adding in objectives that greatly increase the rewards there would have made the planet the actual PvP-world it's false advertised to be.

I do not want to be forced into pvp on a world that I need to do the story to continue with it. while some other places it does not have the story aspect in it, that's why they needed to do what they did.

I do not want to be forced into pvp on a world that I need to do the story to continue with it. while some other places it does not have the story aspect in it, that's why they needed to do what they did.

Okay, but they advertised the world as a PvP world. And it has 0 PvP on it. Literally nothing except organized PvP ever happens on it. PvPers want ONE planet where they can regularly go for objective-based OWPvP with its own rewards, story players and PvErs have literally every other planet in the entire game. They can easily make the simple restriction that anyone who has the purple mission gets their own PvE instance, everyone else forced onto the PvP instance, and they can make a second entry point for the VotMG Operation on Odessen or aboard the Gravestone. With that, story players can enjoy their peace, PvErs can bypass the PvP to get to their Ops, and PvPers finally get ONE planet where we do OWPvP.

Okay, but they advertised the world as a PvP world. And it has 0 PvP on it. Literally nothing except organized PvP ever happens on it. PvPers want ONE planet where they can regularly go for objective-based OWPvP with its own rewards, story players and PvErs have literally every other planet in the entire game. They can easily make the simple restriction that anyone who has the purple mission gets their own PvE instance, everyone else forced onto the PvP instance, and they can make a second entry point for the VotMG Operation on Odessen or aboard the Gravestone. With that, story players can enjoy their peace, PvErs can bypass the PvP to get to their Ops, and PvPers finally get ONE planet where we do OWPvP.

Then they will have to take that planet off the rotation in the command box. It pops up, after you have done the story, to go and do a daily there for cxp points. I skip it as there is nothing on that vendor I care about collecting shards and or reput points but I have enough alts that I can run through the story and get max on the reputation.

Edited by casirabit

Hey Great Road map.

there are just some things i havnt really gottin into yet in this game after coming back and playing through almost everything the past month.

first thing i really want to ask you about is :

could it be possible to not lock like essential story parts behind operations. like killing revan ? i mean you can have that operation where you fight him finally but, how about making it more like in destiny. you actually kinda kill the taken king and win and finsih the story. Kings fall is just the tip of the ice berg.

would love to see that . to like have a resolution to a story ark not built into an operation.

same goes for the iokath story. i cant continue it because the last thing story wise was " were looking for the traitor " and now im stuck with that operation noone is queing for.

( overall noone is playing operations except guilds.. kinda meh tying story stuff into them )

other then that. i really hope for more coming with the quality of the eternal empires story and writing. that was really freaking good.

you guys Rock !

ps: how about an cartel market thing for buying cartel market certifications ? getting them randomly kinds doesnt work for me :D make it like idk. 1000 CP for 5 of them and everyone is happy and can get stuff :D

Hey Great Road map.

there are just some things i havnt really gottin into yet in this game after coming back and playing through almost everything the past month.

first thing i really want to ask you about is :

could it be possible to not lock like essential story parts behind operations. like killing revan ? i mean you can have that operation where you fight him finally but, how about making it more like in destiny. you actually kinda kill the taken king and win and finsih the story. Kings fall is just the tip of the ice berg.

would love to see that . to like have a resolution to a story ark not built into an operation.

same goes for the iokath story. i cant continue it because the last thing story wise was " were looking for the traitor " and now im stuck with that operation noone is queing for.

( overall noone is playing operations except guilds.. kinda meh tying story stuff into them )

other then that. i really hope for more coming with the quality of the eternal empires story and writing. that was really freaking good.

you guys Rock !

ps: how about an cartel market thing for buying cartel market certifications ? getting them randomly kinds doesnt work for me :D make it like idk. 1000 CP for 5 of them and everyone is happy and can get stuff :D

Revans not locked behind an operation. You can either do an op or a couple small quests, then you get to face him one on one.

And there is no continuation of the story via the Op in Iokath. Its basically just a side quest with a 30 second turn in conversation afterwards that you automatically got. You can drop it and you'll be able to continue the story the next time one drops.

Then they will have to take that planet off the rotation in the command box. It pops up, after you have done the story, to go and do a daily there for cxp points. I skip it as there is nothing on that vendor I care about collecting shards and or reput points but I have enough alts that I can run through the story and get max on the reputation.

Or they could mark the Iokath Daily Missions red, and put the "You have to travel to a PvP instance to progress this quest" message, like they do for the two PvP dailies in the Gree Event.

I don't see why they should remove that from the Command Box at all, it's a valid way to get command points, and players who both PvE and PvP (like myself) would like to see Iokath on the list. As long as it's marked red, anyone who wants to avoid PvP can continue doing so freely.

• Dev Post

I'm not Keith, but I'll hop in on this one!

You're definitely right - our goal was absolutely to encourage Open World PvP on Iokath. One of our main motivations for including stuff like playable vehicles and Op bosses and Player loot was to make PvP on Iokath a unique and interesting experience compared to Outlaw's Den or Ilum. And, yeah, it just doesn't seem to have grabbed folks' interest.

I don't think that forcing Players to participate in PvP is the answer - SWTOR just isn't that kind of game - so we need to look elsewhere for solutions. Presumably better incentives would be a great way to start, but I'd love to hear your thoughts (and everyone else's) on the subject. In the coming weeks one of the discussion topics we will make is on this very topic!